Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:53 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times

Advertisements

Well we got the building painted and I ended up being partially spray painted green I called for a hair cutting appointment and told her she may have some paint to deal with

Sandy-Yum..no bakes. Almond would be different but it's OK..chocolate still rules

Sending good thoughts and wishes for your brother.

Pattie-We will leave in about 2 weeks. We have no definite plans yet. We changed our minds again We are going to take a slow trip north and stop when we "feel" like it.....yeah I wanna see how that works out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 01:02 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Today I did a short upper body workout, and that's it for now.

Glad you're able to take a shower. We had to do some fancy finagling when mh broke his arm, taping stuff on, etc. to keep the cast dry until we *ahem* discovered that they sold things just for that-so we bought one.

Might go for a little boat ride after work if he gets out of there early enough, but it's a 45 minute drive TO the boat, and the days are getting shorter...we'll see.

Have a good day everyone.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:24 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Where up north Lisa? I live in MI, Sue lives in WI and Evey lives in Indiana, and Connie is up here too but I can't remember where!

Lol on the paint in the hair, I end up with more paint on me than walls.........hubby banned me from painting Okay with me I don't like it.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:45 PM

Well, you guys are a terrible influence! All this talk about fudge and cookies, I couldn't take it any more. There's a batch of brownies in the oven as I write this! And it got me to thinking about making some to send to Billy--it might be cool enough to send chocolate now, and we can't send him any more mail after Sept. 13th.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Where up north Lisa? I live in MI, Sue lives in WI and Evey lives in Indiana, and Connie is up here too but I can't remember where!

Lol on the paint in the hair, I end up with more paint on me than walls.........hubby banned me from painting Okay with me I don't like it.
Oops...not as far north as that, lol. We will be slowly traveling from TN through VA, WV, MD, PA, and NY...then to the Island to visit family.

Yeah....I hate painting but after years of doing it I am better at it. Hubby makes me do all the cut in now. Maybe I shouldn't get good at things, lol. That's how weed eating became my job

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Well, you guys are a terrible influence! All this talk about fudge and cookies, I couldn't take it any more. There's a batch of brownies in the oven as I write this! And it got me to thinking about making some to send to Billy--it might be cool enough to send chocolate now, and we can't send him any more mail after Sept. 13th.
Yum...browniies. I ate too many carbs today and I feel rotten. Can;t wait to start fresh tomorrow.

Why the cut off for Billy?

Old 08-30-2011, 05:49 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Would the heat affect brownies???

Old 08-30-2011, 08:45 PM

@lisa, That's the cut off for all mail of any kind that we can send him. He's in Iraq. I don't know why, it just is. Unfortunately, it doesn't "mean" anything.

I think now it's cool enough that I can send some. It's still HOT but I don't think they'd get ruined, just have to be creative when I pack them.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
@lisa, That's the cut off for all mail of any kind that we can send him. He's in Iraq. I don't know why, it just is. Unfortunately, it doesn't "mean" anything.

I think now it's cool enough that I can send some. It's still HOT but I don't think they'd get ruined, just have to be creative when I pack them.
Oh..ok. How about dry ice packs?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:09 AM

No, you can't do that.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:48 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Connie
Make the brownies thicker than normal. When they are done don't cut them and freeze them solid
It you know someone with a Foodsaver sealer Vacuum seal them. If not put them in a freezer zip bag and close it almost all the way,put a straw in the corner opening and suck out as much air as you can.

I used the freeze & foodsaver method when I sent brownies to the boys on the ship they said they were as fresh as the day they were made
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals