U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 05:54 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,935,457 times

Advertisements

I know they are going to come back clean as a whistle !!!!

I have P/T at 9:45 then I think I am going to have hubby drop me at hirokos for a visit

I am getting house bound lol pretty sad when the highlight of your day is the excitement of a shower

2 more days and I won't have the pre shower plastic wrapping

You know surgery even a simple one like mine is an eye opener

I don't think you ladies realize how much your support has meant to me

(hugs)

woke up to a little rain and from the radar looks like we have bunches more to come yay !!!

what are you all up to today ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 06:05 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,463,341 times
Karla, what you had done is really not simple. It's a major shock to the body and you had a lot of repair work done. I'm afraid, girlfriend, that there's still quite a bit of pain in your future. It diminishes, but very slowly. I can't actually say how long it takes - I honestly don't remember. You know how I took last week off from exercise?? My shoulder is a bit stiff right now because I didn't do my weights and I have been crocheting. And my surgery will be 3 years ago Oct. 2.

It is funny the things you look forward to doing. Like getting out of the house for a little bit, washing your hair by yourself, lifting your arm up over your head to shave under the arm, putting on and taking off your bra the "real" way..... It sucks.

Hang in there...........

I walked my 2 miles today, with 20 min. on weights. LOL..I came out of the clubhouse only to get sprinkled on. Yep, it started to rain. I was this close to calling hubby to come get me, but it only sprinkled for a couple of minutes and then it stopped. We're supposed to get a "cold front" thru here this morning. That'll be good, because it was already 82 at our house at 7:30 when I got home. Quite muggy.

Today, I think DH might be fixing the toilet that I broke. We're looking at those plastic thingies that you put over the window for hurricanes. Does anyone use these? Just wondering about them. They're more expensive than I thought they'd be, but still cheaper than repairing the house if something comes thru the window.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:14 AM

20,544 posts, read 29,063,316 times
Good morning ladies!!!

Karla-Good luck at PT today. You will slowly get back on track.

Pattie-Maybe you can check Craigslist for the plastic things. I know I looked one time and I found the hurricane metal shutters at a good price.

More rain on the way. We are both getting our hair cut later today. She may as well not even dry it after she is done

Have a great day!!

Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 AM

Plastic sheets! I couldn't think of the word sheets before! Thanks, Lisa. I may try that.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:43 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,922,738 times
Morning all!

I'm off walking this week. I fell down a couple of stairs with the metal dog kennel in my hands and took the full weight of my body on my left knee. Have a nice gouge out of my lower leg and my knee looks like an orange today. I have mobility tho and can walk on it so I am just going to keep things simple around here for the next few days.

Pattie already 82! Not too sure if we will even see those types of temperatures this week, lows in the 40's and 50's highs in the 70's. Will be seeing the fall colors coming out soon with these temperatures.

We brought in the palm and rubber tree last night but I think about 11 I will put back out in the sun. They both need to be transplanted into indoor containers soon so we can keep them in over the winter.

Gotta get and make some phone calls.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:51 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,925,802 times
Oh Sandy--take it easy for a few days! That sounds painful. I saw this girl wearing a t-shirt at the fair we went to the other day, it said "pain is weakness leaving the body" and I can't begin to tell you how MAD that made me. Evidently she's never seen anyone dying of cancer.

Oh Karla, that nailer, it made my husband's wrist hurt big time, the one he broke a few years back. But he used that compressor for all kinds of stuff, it came with a hose, a little rinky dinky one, but he has a big long one for some reason, and he was using that one.

Anyway, today I did a freakin 42 minute '10 lb upper body extreme' cardio interval workout and luckily I can still use my arms to type!

I got a new plant the other day too, it's a shrub, a japanese pieris. Right before his vacation, mh fertilized my flowers with some stinking fertilizer that killed pretty much everything. And I had my dream flowers, pow right now, all that?!

Gotta run, get stuff done. Have a good day all.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 PM

Ouch, Sandy! Take care, alright??

Connie, my dh did the same thing last season. A whole bunch of stuff up and died on him.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:43 PM

20,544 posts, read 29,063,316 times
Sandy-Ouch, take it easy and make sure you rest your leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I saw this girl wearing a t-shirt at the fair we went to the other day, it said "pain is weakness leaving the body" and I can't begin to tell you how MAD that made me. Evidently she's never seen anyone dying of cancer.
She was probably young and it was most likely meant as the "No Pain, No Gain" saying from years ago. That has to do with working out and certainly not something like cancer.

Have fun with your plants.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,922,738 times
I know what you mean about that t-shirt Connie that would have po'ed me too but then again some people just don't know how to think by themselves. I agree with Lisa it was probably in the exercise manner that the shirt was intended, and I think you can beat out most people with the way you stay faithful to exercise.

Thanks for the "ouch" thoughts, it does feel better today. I did a pretty good job of staying off it yesterday.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,935,457 times
morning ladies
well I behaved myself and didn't do any typing yesterday when I got home from PT

Yay my range of motion went from the 115 on friday to 134 but this is her moving it lol not me I think I can move it a 20 myself

your right Pattie I can not wait to shave my legs & armpits

ouch sandy I hope your knee is ok

I had a nice visit with hiroko
then hubby & I went to Bubba Burger that just opened near us
my first clue was when I ordered it medium the said we cook the all well done
ok this is the same Bubba burger you can buy in the freezer section of your grocery store I somehow thought it would be different

we each got a burger fries and a drink and it was $22 I was not impressed
lol especially since I could of bought 3 of the boxes for the same price at the grocery store
which I won't because they were not yummy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals