Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 05:30 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

I got up this morning and on Cheryl's FB page it said the tests came back negative and she is now I year cancer free

That is the bestest news !!!

I stayed up late so didn't get up until 7 lol good thing PT isnt until 9

I am going to come home and ride on the exercise bike (if hubby isn't to busy at work and can switch the seat)

The cruise is 20 day away and I like to drop a couple more pounds

whats up with everyone today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 05:47 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning!

I've gotten the walk out of the way and plan on taking another one this afternoon (Max refused to get up this morning). Yesterday I found a low impact cardio work out and spent most of the day looking for jobs and reading, still have one load of laundry to finish and then I will be done for the week with housework.

Got a scary phone call last night at 9:45 from Kim, the kids have been sick with Croup and she needed me over pronto because Natalie had begun coughing and could not stop causing her to have breathing problems. Well by the time I threw on jeans and got down the street (they wanted to take her into ER) Kim called and had gotten Natalie into the bathroom with shower running, helping her breath. I turned around and got back into my PJ's and by 10:30 she had gone back to sleep and was breathing easier. Kim said her lips were turning blue!

Got a few phone calls to make this morning and then back to the grind of job searching. Don't mind going to the library for books but then I can't get what I want to read!!!! I did find some good books tho from authors I like so it works, just have to get on the "list" for the books I want. I was surprised by the number of people using the computers there!

Good news with my brother, he is getting into clinical trials in Houston, TX which is good. Hopefully they have him on kicka## drugs to put this in remission!

Cheryl, again, I am so happy for you.

Have a good day all.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:06 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Cheryl, that's the bestest news. Time to celebrate, girl! Congrats.

Sandy, how scary. I hope the kids all feel better soon and don't have another episode like that.

Karla, aren't those pulley things fun??? It was the first thing they had me do! It really does help you get back to using your arm yourself. The stretch feels kind of nice, too. Hey, great idea about shaving under your arm. Wish I'd thought of it!

Did the 2 miles and bumped up the weights to 25 minutes today.

Gotta run - gotta do some stuff before DH backs up the computer and then takes it all down again.

WIsh me luck...........

Old 09-13-2011, 09:38 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Wow, I got on here to post to you all and here was a congratulations.
Thank you all so much.
I was gone all day yesterday and didn't have time to post and now I'm going to a fire meeting/training.

Sandy, hoping the kids feel better today.
Karla, I had to do the pully thing to give my arms full range of motion after surgery. Didn't seem to take long at all.
Hubby's hurrying me up so I better go for now.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:17 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Congratulations Cheryl, that is fantastic news.

Another Murphy's Law day for me, but I saw this and thought I'd stick it in here in case some of you can use it--Karla, I know you have a Kindle, I didn't know if anybody else did.

//www.city-data.com/forum/deals...september.html

Old 09-14-2011, 05:42 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Thanks for the link Connie I am going to go look and see what they have I want to load my kindle before the cruise and free is good

Sandy that is wonderful news about the clinical trials
Sorry the kids aren't feeling good

I got a new exercise at PT you lay on the table and hold a piece of PVC pipe. Then using my left hand I bring both arms over my head
I got the over part done but couldn't bring the bad arm back
PT lady said might of tried that one too soon
lol ya think

I did good with the pulley thing
She said she is very surprised I am not as stiff in that shoulder as most RC folks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals