Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 04:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

I week from today we leave
Today in the "what I have to do before we leave list'
is
drop pants off to be shortened
go look at new luggage
take hubbys suit to the cleaners

I can't wait to see if this "jaunt" wears me out as much as the haircut did

I know hubby is also going to mow the lawn sometime today

No fall temps yet we are still at 89 & 90 so it will be weird beringing out the cool weather clothes

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 05:28 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning!

I have been up for quite a while now, still trying to get to know this new fb and see what changes I made and everyone else has made. I think this is the beginning of me not using fb anylonger but time could change my opinion.

Maddie has a game this morning, I'm going to have to begin getting ready for it in awhile. One of their players went home sick yesterday so I have a feeling they will be a girl short, sniffles can play volleyball but a little girl with the stomach flu can't. Goodness I pray I don't catch all of this stuff!

Looks like it will be a cloudy and dreary day here, dark clouds are beginning to move in, have not checked the weather yet to see if it will clear out, kinda doubt it.

Karla are you getting excited yet?

Old 09-24-2011, 05:28 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good morning.

Karla, for those of us with senior memories (not that I'm like that!), would you give us an overview of your trip? Where are you leaving from, where are you going, when will be back? Inquiring minds want to know!

Wow. only a week away. I'm jealous. I know you guys will have a terrific time while the rest of us are sitting around, doing our boring, mundane routines. That's ok. We wouldn't have it any other way.

Gotta run to Comcast and grab a 3 pronged splitter so the tv in the bedroom will work. I really miss it. I'm not a good sleeper and I've been known to wake up in the middle of the night and turn it on. I'm usually awake for good somewhere between 5 and 6 and I like to start my day out with news and weather. I'm going crazy without it!

Not sure what else is going on in the NMS household today. I got the laundry caught up yesterday, but still need to put some of it away. I should get the chisel out and do the bathrooms. Maybe that'll be my project today. I took one of dh's ambien and am still a bit groggy, but feel more rested. I woke up to go to the bathroom and couldn't believe it was almost 2 a.m. I'm usually awake 3 or 4 times by then.

Oooo....good news...12 lbs. down, 2 inches off the waist! Woohoo! I do miss my after dinner sweets, tho. I would kill for a cupcake or an ice cream sundae. Hot chocolate with peanuts and whipped cream. Oh, my.

Remember Neighbor Jim?? The guy that we helped after his wife/my friend Millie died? Seems his son is visiting him for the first time since Jim and my hubby's knock-down/drag-out 3 or 4 months ago. He showed up that weekend and this is the first I've seen any family there since. It's good he finally has some company.

My BFF and her hubby promised to bring down some fresh NYS MacIntosh apples when they come next month. I can't wait to bite into a nice, crisp, freshly picked Mac.

Well, that's all the news that's fit to print here in Pine Lakes. I'll be chatting with you all later. Have a great day, ok?

Old 09-24-2011, 05:29 AM

Hi, Sandy. Anti-bug thoughts headed at ya, girl!

Old 09-24-2011, 05:38 AM

Oh Pattie I guess I did not realize that Jim was still there, glad he is no longer a problem to hubby and you though. Thanks for the anti-bug thoughts

I went to the apple orchard down the street and bought honey crisp apples (they were pretty pricey but all of us love them), I actually had one for an after dinner snack yesterday. I also bought the girls freshly made pumpkin donuts with cinnamon and sugar on them...........yummy. Might just have to go back there and get some and surprise Tricia at work with a hot one!

I take ambien almost every night, have since I went into "the change", I would be awake most of the night if I did not take it. As it is I usually only sleep until 3 or 4 and then I am off and on.

Gotta get.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:45 AM

Mmmmm.........donuts.......................with cinnamon and sugar..................

LOL...

Sandy, I'd kill to sleep for that length of time. If I kept track, I bet I wake up anywhere from 4 to 8 times/night. SOmetimes I see every hour. It sucks, to be blunt.

PS - fresh fruit, mostly pineapple or apples, are the only thing keeping me away from sweets.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:49 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Good morning ladies.

Karla-Too bad you weren't closer. You could have our luggage set. We bought it for the cruise last year and will most likely never use it again. We really don't need luggage when we RV.

Ooh....I bet you can't wait for your trip. Don't wear yourself out today.

Sandy-I am so oblivious. I didn't even notice the changes on FB...then again I am not on much. I only go on to check on the family.

Ooh..apples....don't you love the Fall? I like Macintosh and Braeburns. I'll have to try Honeycrisp I was at the grocery store in NY and they had a white bag filled with apples. It said $1.88 and I thought "what a deal" so I brought them up to the check out....only to find out they were $1.88 per pound Why would they bag them if it was a by the pound price Yeah...I bet they catch a lot of people that way.

Pattie-Woo hoo on your weight loss. I am getting back on track. I think I gained some of your loss

Funny..I just realized the apples and the mallomars in NY were the same price. Now I know why I gained a little weihgt while I was away

Not much happening today. Hubby is still sleeping...men I never sleep that long

Speaking of apples maybe I will get the apple picker out and see what apples I can get. We have at least 50 apple trees around the property but they grow wild so the apples can be hit or miss....the birds and cows eat them

Have a great day!!

Old 09-24-2011, 07:25 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

What a glorious fall morning here! 49 degrees with bright sunshine, on the way to the mid 60's later today. There is rain on the radar, and we will take every last drop we can get.

I have a couple of pear trees in my yard and I have been snacking on pears for about a month. I love pears. Just like at Lisa's, they are hit or miss from tree to tree, but the one tree is putting out perfection.

Shadow is still in bed. Cool mornings she waits for me to drink a cup of tea, take a shower, and get dressed before she gets up. I see a HUGE walk in our morning.

Later I have to run into town to get a few groceries and there is always the laundry.....

Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Ooh Evey I love pears. I wish we could swap a couple of trees

Old 09-24-2011, 02:08 PM

Pattie not sure how you feel about sleeping pills but I have used them for years and I can also go without too although the sleep is not as restful. I just explained to my internist that I had problems going to sleep and staying asleep and they ordered ambien for me. Most nights I only take 1/2 some nights I have to take the other half to stay sleeping. I never have any problems if I forget to take them, like withdrawl or anything. Just an idea thrown over to you. It really does help to have a good nights sleep.

Girls lost their games, the other team had a server that kept getting rotated in when it was time for the "other" player that could not serve. So every rotation she ran back in, man she was good for a 10 year old, going to be something in her high school years if she sticks with it. It was still fun tho, and the girls were all high spirited about the game even though they lost.

Having internet problems over here. Our internet was out, Tricia and I had to call Comcast and instead of correcting our wireless they got the regular internet running. We need the wireless connection up because that is how Jesse has us connected to Tricia's computer. I just hope he can talk me through fixing this! Right now we have Tricia's computer running and that is all.

You guys are so lucky having apples and pears on your properties, if only for baking purposes. I'm going to get out and get a bag of macs for baking and see what I can come up with next week.

Best get, hope all have a great day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals