Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times

Advertisements

Even though you said it was ok you need your B-day thread title

lol I just got up
Of course I was up until 12:30 so that maybe why
Had a lot of pain last night hubby suggested I try one of his BC's (the aspirin powder) except he forgot to tel me until after I took it that it contains caffeine

So I was wide awake

Got on the scale looks like I have lost another 2 pounds
I have this new "plan" if I eat a big lunch then I have a light snack type dinner
I have also added a bunch more fruit and am keeping chocolate out of the house
My goal is another 5

Today I think we are going to run around we may even go to the nursery so I can get a couple "fall type" plants for the front pots

What fun things are going on where you live
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 06:45 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,219,750 times
Morning!

Karla how do mums do down in FL? T bought a beautiful planter with some orange/reddish mums in them for the front porch, it is definately an eye catcher! Matches the frost we had last night also, everything is covered.

OMG the shoppers are definately vultures! I never knew women/men to be the way they are, this job is sure an eye opener. Lucky me I traded in office women for store mobs!

Nothing going on here I have to be to work at noon until 8 tonight, Bob is going to have to adjust to me working again. I got home last night at 8 pm and he had not eaten! T is here to tell him what we have and Chad brought over pizza, tisk tisk he will have to remember how to fend for himself! Thankfully most of my near future schedule is mainly days

Gotta get have a good day all!

Oh, congrats on the weight loss Karla. I know that when you began losing weight it was because of the surgery, now it is dedication towards the goal!

Old 10-22-2011, 07:01 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
Good morning. It's a beautiful sunny day!!!

Karla-Aww. Thank you for the Birthday thread.

I'm sorry you were in pain "and" awake last night. Hopefully you have a better day today.

Woo hoo on the scale going down I am a little stuck but I haven't been good this week because of the packing and moving. It's time for me to get back on track

Ooh....plant shopping. Have fun!! I love it. We have to replace and move some plants around. We bought a few of those green and yellow garden plants and they got huge while we were gone.

Sandy-I love the bright colors of mums. They are such a happy plant

Oh yeah...shoppers are insane. They will stampede each other for a little savings DH and I went to an estate sale yesterday and the people were nuts. I tried to look at some kitchen pans and stuff in a big pantry. There was a man blocking the pantry with a huge box that he was filling. No one else got anything. Oh well....I really didn't need anything...but I did think about you for a pie pan

My hubby is the same. He will not eat if I am not around.

Well we got some good news and bad news, lol. First off Happy belated birthday to me. We went to the eye doctor for an exam and I have now graduated to progressive lenses instead of single vision

The good news....we went to Sam's club to check out their glasses. The manager was super nice and very helpful. The first lady we talked to was just trying to make money and didn't care about what kind of glasses would work best for us. That was the one who gave Mike a quote of $1100.00 DH and I both got new glasses with progressive and transitional lenses for $300.00 each. I can handle that The manager at Sam's told me I could check into vision insurance and she recommended one for us to try but DH wanted to get this over with. Either way, we saved a lot of money and I am happy. The manager even gave us an additional 10% off....because we made everyone laugh while we were there

Today is clean up day. I need to wash the windows and mop the floors. Then i have no idea what we will do. We did get an invite for Thanksgiving when we got here....so that was really nice.

Have a great day!!!

Old 10-22-2011, 07:08 AM

Oh I am impressed by that price savings Lisa. That is a real good deal!!!! I have to get new glasses SOON, having a hard time reading the small print

Old 10-22-2011, 07:10 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,224,652 times
Morning peeps!

Happy belated birthday Lisa!

When I got my glasses I found a great deal at Sears, 2 pairs for $99. That included bi-focals.

It was 35 degrees here this morning with a layer of frost on everything. Thankfully the blasted wind has stopped blowing, and with the sun out it really does not feel like 3 degrees above freezing. 3 of my 4 critters are outside enjoying the beautiful morning.

I did my grocery shopping on my way home from work last night, so that is out of the way. I do have 3 horses waiting for a massage and am hoping to get that done today, plus some house work.

I am sure Shadow & I will have a huge walk this morning. At the moment she is waiting so very patiently for me to finish my tea and take a shower.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Well, good morning, all. ANd a belated HB to LIsa.

Another "cool" one here today - 56 when I left for the coffee social. Warming up to mid 70's, so a perfect day weather wise here.

DH is still snoozing. It drives me nuts when he sleeps late like this. Reminds me of my first marriage. I had to tippy toe around the house till noon most weekends. Hated that. Oh, well.... I guess I shouldn't complain. It doesn't happen that often.

Sandy, it sounds like you've spoiled the man! Retail??? Never again! When we moved away from my hometown 12 years ago, I left my last retail job. It has its good points, but it also has its moments.

Way to go on the weight, Karla. It feels good, doesn't it? I'm wearing stuff I haven't been able to wear in a year or two and when I got my shirts from Lands End this week, I ordered a size down. Yay!

OK, off to make some noise (by "accident", of course!) See if somebody crawls out of bed. Too much to do to sleep all day!

Old 10-22-2011, 09:18 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,526,885 times
9:30 is NOT sleeping all day!!!!! Sheesh. We had a frost too, hopefully my vegetables aren't all fried.

Sounds like a great deal on the glasses, my husband pays a fortune for his too, and the selection at his eye doctor's is very limited. But he has transitional and the kind that get dark when you go out in the sun--can't remember what those are called. His medical pays for the check-up for some strange reason. Unfortunately, he won't shop around for cheaper ones but last time he got new ones, they had a year warranty so when he went back for his check-up, he got the lenses replaced because they were still under the warranty! That was nice.

Anyway, if I get the chance I will definitely work out later. Just checking in. Happy belated birthday younglisa. Are you still young?!

Old 10-22-2011, 01:15 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,526,885 times
Just did a short upper body/core workout that went really fast and had tons of the sidebendy things with the weights doubled up! Yikes!

Have a good day all. Now Billy's saying the 18th of Nov., so i guess that is as close a date as I'm going to get as far as making travel plans. Can't wait to see his smiling face!

Old 10-22-2011, 01:48 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Sounds like a great deal on the glasses, my husband pays a fortune for his too, and the selection at his eye doctor's is very limited. But he has transitional and the kind that get dark when you go out in the sun--can't remember what those are called. His medical pays for the check-up for some strange reason. Unfortunately, he won't shop around for cheaper ones but last time he got new ones, they had a year warranty so when he went back for his check-up, he got the lenses replaced because they were still under the warranty! That was nice.

Anyway, if I get the chance I will definitely work out later. Just checking in. Happy belated birthday younglisa. Are you still young?!
I hope I'm still young, lol. Hubby says when I turn 50, he is going to trade me on for two 25's Yeah...good luck with that. No other woman can handle him and work with him like I do, lol.

Yes....both of us got the frames, transitional, progressive, and non glare lenses for $300.00 each. I am good with that.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:10 PM

99.00 is not bad Evey I might just look into Sears if I see they are having a special, I too use the bifocals.

Lol Pattie, I call the customers "vultures", just when I am at home tho........never seen anything like it in my life. One lady had a stack of cards rubber banded together that was about 5 inches tall! PLUS she had her wallet cc slots filled too. I mean why do you need that much credit! I am sure hoping something comes through with an office job, soon! That being said tho, I am grateful to be working
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals