U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,588,083 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Back to the "grind"
It should be an interesting week with getting things ready to switch things over from corporate to us
Lets just say some people aren't as organized as others(ie me)

I have PT at 8 then I have a couple errands to run

I wanted to get up early so I would have time to hit the treadmill before PT but yeah that didn't happen
I stayed up late watching the World Series Game

Didn't see anything at the nursery annual wise so I ended up getting 2 small Camellias to put in the big pots
These bloom from December through May so that will be nice
I can add some trailing petunias to the pot once the weather gets cooler

What are you all up to today ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 05:57 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,824,154 times
Morning!

I'm up and waiting for it to get light out so I can take my walk. After that I gotta get ready to go to my 10:30 doctor appointment. THEN I am meeting my son for lunch. It will be finish laundry day today.

Bob has gone over 24 hours now without a cigarette, yay Bob but he is just a tad off he got up at 5:30 and began to get ready for work, hummm what ya doing honey, him...what time is it, me........5:30, him........turns off light and goes back to bed for half hour. It's okay I was already awake so I just layed there resting. Tomorrow is his birthday and he wanted to quit before that. OH and he has not used a patch yet, just cold turkey.

Karla how much longer do you have for PT?

I watched Walking Dead last night, AMC version of zombies gone crazy. Funny thing is I got caught up in it and may be watching it ever week now.

Gotta get, nails need to be painted before walk.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:03 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,588,083 times
Morning Sandy
Yay for Bob !!

I asked last week and she said 6 to 8 weeks
I might find out more when I see "Ortho Doc" on Wednesday

Old 10-24-2011, 07:27 AM

20,545 posts, read 28,624,364 times
Good morning!!

Karla-Good luck at PT today.

Sandy-Congrats to Bob. When Mike with smoking I read that he should cut the caffeine for a bit. The cigarettes and caffeine counter act the effects of each other. When you take the nicotine away, the caffeine will make you tense and on edge. Just thought that could help. switch to decaf for a awhile...it really does help take the edge off.

Hubby and I are trying to recoup and adapt to being back here in FL. Our systems are out of whack and the coffee is horrible. We go through this change every year. We aren't used to drinking water with so many chemicals Back to buying water here.

We did catch up with some old neighbors and most are good. Our old house looks great. They painted the inside of the house with "color" and it looks great.

Then we caught up with our old next door neighbors. They are doing well...the same really but that is good. They did tell us some bad news. Our old pool man died this summer. He was in the fishing club and he was out on a boat with friends. A storm came in and tipped them over. He drowned..and he was only 53. It really makes you think that life can be really short so you better enjoy it while you can. You just never know when your time is up. Also our insurance man who had pancreatic cancer last year passed in August. He was also young, only 52. So some sad news around. My hearts go out to their families.

DH and I having been cruising the neighborhoods checking real estate. Our first house when we came back to FL 10 years ago is in foreclosure We called the agent to see it. We talked with him and his wife for about an hour. Then Mike put in a very low offer At least that house doesn't need much work...we already did it, lol. Seriously though....our offer was very very low so I'm sure the bank will turn it down. It's too risky to go to high anymore. Homes are just not selling. Anyone who sells now for a decent price is very lucky. I think this housing mess is going to drag on for many more years.

We splurged last night and went to Publix for snacks Yup..picked up candy..you know, for Halloween then as we were walking down the freezer aisle, a woman starts talking to Mike. She is telling him the ice cream is BOGO so we end up getting that, and chocolate syrup, and whipped cream She was a funny lady. We talked to her for quite some time exchanging recipes and listening to her jokes. Yeah....Mike and I have never met too many strangers in our lives, lol.

So since I blew my dieting/exercising last week, I am back on track today. No more sweets for me for awhile and back to walking this morning. At least it is nice out this morning.

Then I have to give the dog a bath, do laundry..and I have a dryer, wash the floors and clean up. Hubby's sausage and peppers is already on the crockpot.

It's gonna be a busy one. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 08:28 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,824,154 times
Okay 2 miles out of the way now I have to hurry and be ready to leave in 25 minutes, gotta love that wash and wear hair!

Wow that is a lot of PT Karla, but when one thinks of all the action our shoulders have it is no wonder. Are you feeling any better?

Lisa, lol if I were to suggest Bob drink caffine free I may well have my head bit off, especially now with the withdrawl I know he is feeling, I am lucky that he said see you tonight! He stayed in the basement watching tv all day yesterday so he did not have to talk to anyone, only came up for popcorn, dinner, and ice cream!

Gotta get, have a good day all

Old 10-24-2011, 09:33 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,214,150 times
Good morning, all.

Another beautiful day. For the first time in my life, I think Fall is now my favorite time of year!

Sandy, if dh does quit "real" coffee too, he might want to just back off a bit. If he quits cold turkey or just goes to decaf, he could end up with nasty, nasty headaches. I learned that one the hard way. But congrats to him and best of luck to you both!

And I do love that wash and wear hair!

Best of luck to you, too, Karla. Sounds like you have some challenges in your near future.

Lisa, you and Bob are looking again, huh?? Surprise!

DH and I walked separately this morning. No, no trouble in paradise.... our snowbird friends are arriving sometime today and I had told them I'd turn on the a/c for them, get the house unstuffy. The funny thing is, it probably won't even turn on, it's been so cool here. So I walked over to their house and back and he did his 4 mile trek. We'll have to measure my path, see how far I walked. It took me about an hour, so I'm figuring around 3.5 miles. I haven't done that distance in a while.

Remember not too long ago I got in trouble because I pushed a box of kitty litter against the valve to the toilet and it leaked?? Well, what goes around comes around! DH pushed something against the valve under his vanity sink and it leaked. Luckily, he's very organized and everything under there was in covered plastic containers. ALl that stuff is out of there, he pulled out the bottom of the vanity so the cabinet now opens up to the sub flooring. So....new project time. Just when we were getting it all together, now we have to do this. I wasn't planning on this for a year or two. He wants to replace both vanities, etc. Something tells me we're not going all wood this time like we did in the kitchen. The sad thing is the carpeting in there is only 2 years old, but we have a big chunk of it leftover, so he'll have to patch it wherever the new cabinets don't cover the flooring. Oh, well..... Who can complain? It'll be nicer than the stuff that was there, right?

Shower time. I'll see you all soon.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:23 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,732,324 times
Today I did a short upper body workout and vacuumed. Boy is that thing making some strange noises. I wish it would quit p*ssing and moaning and just DIE!

Have a good one all.

Oh FYI, i finally figured out how to post a picture again, I put up the one of the World Trade Center beam from the County Fair in yesterday's thread at the end.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:15 PM

14,089 posts, read 26,231,663 times
Hello. Been playing around the gym since they moved to a new location. Today I got serious. Starting a split routine. Today was 30 minutes walking on treadmill (fallen arch and bad ankle on right foot). Moved onto the weight room to work upper body (back, chest, shoulders, upper arms, and lower arms). Performed strict form and light weights for 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps. Did back and chest first. Had to go much lighter on the upper arms due to the work they did helping with back and chest. Tomorrow is 5 minutes on treadmill followed by lower body, abs, and core exercises. Hate seeing guys lifting heavy weights while cheating by using bad form (swinging body wildly to get momentum to get the weight up.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:55 PM

6,728 posts, read 9,071,732 times
Sandy, tell your hubs that he can do this. I quit a 55-year, two-pack-a-day habit. The trick is to tell yourself that the cravings will come like waves on the ocean. When they crest, wash your hands, wash the dishes, take a shower, take a walk. Suck on a straw for the first three or four days - that's the hardest time. Soon the cravings will be less and less until one day, he'll think,
"Hey, I haven't thought about smoking all day. How'd that happen?"

Old 10-24-2011, 06:40 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,732,324 times
Or what works for me was thinking, oh, i don't smoke anymore. Waking up in the morning and getting that thought through your head--that 1st one in the a.m. is SO important, right? So, just put it off for 5 minutes, then another five, etc. etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals