Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 04:31 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies
Gotta keep it quick cause I have to be out of here in a few
I "snagged" a 7:30 PT apt and told them that me that early results in Morning ladies
Gotta keep it quick cause I have to be out of here in a few
I "snagged" a 7:30 PT apt and told them that me that early results in doughnuts for them ( kind of like a i'm a chipper morning person so this may ease the pain bribe )

Got 3 new exercises yesterday and boy am I feeling it this morning

one was bicep curls easy right, especially with only a 3# weight
wow I am feeling like I used 10#s lol
for them ( kind of like a i'm a chipper morning person so this may ease the pain)

I better go get dressed
I will be back to chat more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 04:56 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Morning!

Boy it is dark out, I hear rain is in our day too hopefully I can get my walk out of the way before that begins.

Today is hubby's birthday so I have to run off for a card and birthday cake and ice cream! Going to have his favorite, besides steak, meatloaf and baked potatoes for dinner

I have another doctor appointment today, nothing like bunching them in together! When I scheduled them I did not realize that I was putting them back to back. The gastro guy yesterday said because of brother's cancer he is ordering yearly ab ultrasounds to keep an eye out for any signs of problems. Okay with me, I would rather catch something early on instead of later which is why brother is in this situation.

Gotta get and surf the web for a bit and then walk time. Nothing good out there on the job front, thank goodness I found current job!

Old 10-25-2011, 06:14 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Karla-Enjoy the donuts. DH and I always have to get donuts when we first get here....we don't have any in TN

Sandy-Happy Birthday to your hubby.

Good luck at the Doctor's.

Not much here. I have the sheets washing right now. Then I am going to do my walk/jog...and I will not stop and talk Then hubby is taking me to get new sneaks. I am going to try Famous Footwear and see what they have. I haven;t been able to find a good pair of sneakers in years. I like the ones with a little arch support...and none of them seem to have that anymore.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:34 AM

I agree Lisa my tennies are old, like five years old and I can't find another pair to replace them without looking at 100.00 shoes, and I won't pay that for them!

Walk out of the way, looking for more temporary services to call and badger about office jobs.

Dreary and wet up here, glad I only got dribbled on during my walk. Looks like we have hit a spot where the weather will only fall from here on out.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:39 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Hi, all.

Tried to get on earlier, but Mozilla wasn't cooperating.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Cassy! Hey, Sandy, I love meatloaf. If I bring a nice present, can I show up for dinner? Oh, and is there cake????

I hear you about the arch supports. Gotta have them. Now that you mention it, I think my sneaks have seen better days, too.

Karla.....you said the "D" word! THe first time she handed me a 1 lb. weight, I laughed at her...till my third rep! Ouch! I couldn't believe what a wuss I'd become!

I did my 2 miles w/20 min. weights this a.m. BTW, I'm at 8 lb. for the curls. Haven't yet managed to get to 10. Soon.... DH did his 3.5 miles plus about 10 min. of weights.

I'm very, very excited. Please keep your fingers crossed this works out.

My mother, who hasn't been in an airplane since she left the Air Force before I was born and who refused a trip to Italy because she'd have to get on one has asked my baby sister to fly down to Florida with her to visit for a week this winter. I didn't think she'd ever come down here. And for her to even think about flying (she's really claustrophobic) is a major, major step. I'd love for them to visit and I'm very excited about it. Maybe if she comes down here, we'd be away from all the drama up north and have a good visit.

PS - don't tell anyone - I'm not supposed to know!

Old 10-25-2011, 08:44 AM

Sure Pattie dinner will be at 6pm! You might be able to catch a flight, although that would be one expensive meatloaf dinner!

I don't like to fly either, that is why I take zanax when I do. Shush don't tell my doctor but I have been taking them to get rid of pre interview jitters too!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:21 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Morning. I skipped the gym but still managed a decent lower body workout. Wife suffers from spinal problems which causes her to have constant pain. Her 86 year old father lives with us so we can care for him. This morning is especially bad for her due to an all night migraine. Stayed home and fixed her dad coffee and breakfast.

Did three sets of ten for each exercise. Squats (no weights), standing calf raises, donkey kicks (not actually a kick, more of a rear leg lift for the buttocks), inner and outer thigh lifts, crunches, reverse crunches, plank and side plank for 30 seconds, and another core exercise I don't know the name of for about 30 seconds. The core exercise I did involves laying on the belly with arms straight out like flying superman. Then lift arms and legs off floor for a few inches and hold for several seconds. After all this, I did some stretching.

After lunch, I'm taking a generic Unisom so I can sleep today to get ready for my 11pm-7am shift this week (starts today and is a 7 day straight shift). Will hit the gym tomorrow morning after work. I work in a hospital boiler room and the gym is the hospital's own gym. Employees get a discount ($26 a month). Non-employees pay $40 for single or $48 for couple. How many gyms have registered nurses on staff? It's mostly elderly cardiac patients but it works.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:16 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Hi all

Happy Happy Birthday to hubby Sandy !!!
Hey can I send my hubby up for dinner!! He loves meatloaf and I don't know how to make it)

ok one would think with a bribe like doughnuts they maybe would of gone a little easy on me
but nooooo lol

I am not sure I like the 7:30 am PT lol none of my "crew" were there so it was pretty quiet
and I was half asleep since I stayed up till after midnight watching the baseball game

Ran to Target after and found a bike seat that I think will work on the exercise bike
The one is comes with is the tiny spin seat which I swear no human can sit on for more than 2 minutes
This one looks like an old fashion bike seat and isn't as thick as the gel one I got(which is so high my feet don't reach the pedals)

I was going to go do the screeroom floor this afternoon but shoulder is really sore so I am going to rethink that decision
and just work on the laundry pile

I realized this morning that this time last year I was 18 pounds heavier

ok washer is singing to me so bbl

Old 10-25-2011, 12:28 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Wow Karla! That is amazing! Congratulations

Old 10-25-2011, 01:31 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
S-Dave, that's quite the gym deal. Wish I had that. I'll have to try your superman move. I hope your wife's migraine goes away soon.

Karla, good job, girlfriend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals