Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:08 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times

Advertisements

It is really blowing here too. Hopefully it blows away ALL my leaves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 04:22 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
40 to 50 mph winds in GR, power out and things blowing around like crazy, the wind is expected to exit our area about 1pm. I'm with you on the temperature thing, 50's this morning and freezing now, down to 31 tonight and expecting rain/snow mix. I am going to pretend that it is summer out and African hot!

Old 11-09-2011, 04:51 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Hi, gang. Looks like everybody's been busy today. We didn't get home till 4. Ran all over town trying to find just the right soup bowls for T'giving dinner. FInally found some neat ones at World Market for just the price I wanted to pay! Win/win.

Got some new sneakers - very light, with lots of support. Had some fun with the clerk, too. I can't help it. I still like to flirt.

Got some booze at the booze supermarket, too. About the only thing missing here is the turkey! I see PUblix has the yogurt we like on sale 20/$5, so when we go buy some, I'll order the bird.

Have a great evening, all.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:14 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Sandy-Who is Luntz? Now I have another author th check out. So many authors and not enough time

Connie- Sandy did well on explaining. MY DH and I remodel houses in FL, live in TN, re do land in TN, and travel in a motor home. The house we are in now is a remodel from last year.

I like the groomers that come to the house. It is so much less stressful on our babies...and it saves on gas

It's all good....Billy is coming home.

Evey-Oh yeah...I love the banana laffy taffy...although I haven't had it in years and probably won't. I really don't want the dental bill if I eat sticky stuff.

Pattie-What kind of yogurt do you get? There are so many choices now...low fat, no fat, Greek, probiotics...geez I need a class to figure out which yogurt to buy

The showing went well...now we wait and see. I hate waiting.

Have a great night.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:11 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
Morning ladies

lol ok add me to the banana Laffy Taffy how did I not know about this yummy treat until Wednesday

I also have a groomer that comes to the house (thanks for the reminder I need to call her Lola is looking really shabby) it is so much easier

When I had the big dogs I would have the mobile vet come here too. Now I just drive and meet her.

Connie - is there any chance you can call and try and switch your tickets Maybe if you explained the situation going heavy on you son returning from deployment there would be no change fee
If not will there be other parents there that maybe you guys could meet up with

Pattie - What time is T-Day dinner I would love to come to your house instead of (shh mil)
Sounds like you got some really great deals

Sandy - I hope your ankle is feeling better Might want to look into one of those ankle ace bandage "socks" it is like a sock without the heel & toe

Lisa - fingers crossed for the showing
remember we are pretty good with getting houses sold I think we are up to 3 or 4

School was fun we had the kids out planting veggies in the raised beds

Got home picked up the things from the breakfast bar counter before the CL got here
I really like how she cleans my house is so sparkly
Hiroko stopped by around 4 and visited for 1 1/2 hours

lol I cooked dinner even though I didn't want to mess up the nice clean kitchen

Oh I got this new face cream that has 20% Glycolic that is suppose to help make your skin look younger. It must be bringing up the junk deep in the pores because I am breaking out grrrrr

ok off to start todays thread see you all over there

Old 11-10-2011, 03:53 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Oh Connie Lutz is John Lutz, really good author. His books are the only ones that scare me, murder mysteries is what he writes. I'm trying to read all of his books, yesterday I found two at the library

Old 11-10-2011, 10:13 AM

Karla, I'm telling people to be here for 2, we'll probably eat around 3. Something tells me we're going to have plenty of food......

Old 11-11-2011, 04:07 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
Pattie I bet the food will be nice and hot at serving time too
Something I don't see on T-day

Old 11-11-2011, 07:06 AM

Oh, no! Sounds like my mother. She used to cook all the veggies and stuff either the night before or early the next morning and put them on the back porch to keep cool (notice I didn't say "cold"). Then, she'd take the turkey out of the oven and, as she was carving it, would ask us to put each dish, one at a time, in the microwave for 2 min. each. Yeh. 5 lbs. of mashed potatoes nuked for 2 min. There were usually 5 or 6 different sides that needed to be nuked. By then, the turkey's all carved and sitting on the table. The only thing that was hot was the gravy, because she'd made that after she carved the bird. "Oh, the gravy'll heat the stuff up." Actually, the gravy got cold from the cold food. A couple of years ago, I got her one of those buffet crock pot thingies...my whole family thanked me!

My sister finally convinced her to let her son do the cooking for T'giving (he works in a restaurant and has gone to culinary school). The only thing she has to do now is make the pies.

It's a wonder we never got food poisoning from her putting the food out in the back porch. Sometimes it was ok, but sometimes the sun would beat in on it..... Oy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals