Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2011, 05:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,033,908 times

Advertisements

Not the one I thought it was all day yesterday

Hubby went out in to the garage already to work on a new segmented bowl project

I am going to straighten the house and get some laundry done

I think the 2 miles walking DVD will be todays exercise

I have some hand watering and light pruning to do outside today

lol I am not leaving the neighborhood today !!

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 07:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,204,584 times
Hi, there.

Been awake since 3, up since 4. If only I could turn my brain off.

Just got back from the social. Hubster's at the library (I think he really went Christmas shopping). Not sure what I'm going to do. With all our errands yesterday, I decided to treat myself to a Starbucks. Didn't quite get the top on all the way and, after about 4 or 5 sips, I noticed a warm sensation in the general vicinity of one of "the girls". Yep. Coffee (with cream, no less) drips all down my nice, white blouse. We walked all over the mall with me looking like that. So today's chore is to try to get the coffee and chicken grease from when I spattered it on me cleaning up last night off my blouse, which I've only worn 3 times.

I might do our Christmas cards, but, then again, I might not.

Catch y'all later.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:50 PM

Hi Pattie

Well the house is picked up and the laundry is done

I think I need to get hubby to pull the dryer out and clean the hose & vent it took 3 cycles to get the towels dry

Yikes the friends we went out with last night brought their dog over to meet our kids omg lola was very very bad she growled and snapped
yeah no play dates will be made

I haven't started the cards lol though they are all ready on the kitchen table

Pattie of course you had to be wearing a white blouse I never spill on dark color ones

it is very overcast and gloomy here if it was 25 degrees colder I wouldn't be surprised to see snow

Old 12-10-2011, 02:27 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,491,671 times
Hello ladies. Did my 16 miles grocery shopping today. Bought a pomegranate, for the first time, have to see what the heck to do with it! Wanted to get a bunch of goodies for when Billy gets here, plus stuff so I can make his favorites and teach him how to do it. Went for haircuts too and to the library-boy were they busy! I love our library, it is so popular around here, all of them are pretty much. Toledo/Lucas county has a fantastic library system.

Bad news about lola barking at your friend's dog. I kind of wondered about the poplarity of dog parks because I never really thought that dogs all got along together enough to congregate at parks. Oh well. I am starving, so off to eat.

Have a great Saturday night all.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:09 PM

connie, I love pomegranates. You cut a slice off the top part where the "crown" looking thingy is. You'll see there are 5 or 6 segments. Slice down thru the rind, but not completely thru, where each segment is. Pull the fruit apart and you'll find those juicy little seeds. Some say to do the following under water, but you don't have to. Run your thumb thru the seeds and they'll "pop" off the rind. You'll have white papery stuff and also rind. If you do it in a big bowl of water, the white stuff and the rindy stuff will both rise to the top and the seeds will sink to the bottom. It takes about 10-15 minutes to do this. Then you scoop the stuff off the top and drain the seeds thru a colander. They're best eaten cold, but are they good.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:23 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,491,671 times
I just watched a video on how to clean them and am glad I did, because evidently that juice will stain about anything! Thanks for the tip about how to get the seeds out. Can't wait to try it!

Old 12-11-2011, 04:46 AM

Wow I remember back when I was 16 or 17 back before the health benefits became know, we would eat pomegranates. lol we would pick the little seeds out to eat them. We would have stained fingers for days

Hubby got some more of the lights on the bushes. We didn't use the bush lights because I took the big bushes out
So now we need to go pick up strands to put on the remaining foliage
Hmmm I wonder if we could drape the bush lights over the cassia's
or it they would be to heavy

Old 12-11-2011, 05:20 AM

Connie, I always clean mine while wearing a cranberry colored shirt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals