Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,053,142 times

Advertisements

As you head back to Texas

Morning ladies
Happy Tuesday

It is suppose to be really rainy this morning 70% chance
So I think it will be inside activities until later I can enter payroll this morning
I do need to go out and return a few things maybe later

Yesterday hubby and I went to lunch and wally world to pick up some important things like TP
We drove past the mall and holy moly the parking lot was packed, glad I wasn't in there

Going to be busy the next few days oops wait if I add in FIL's arrival Friday afternoon it is going to be busy until N.Y. Day

lol I am looking forward to Jan 3 when everything goes back to normal

Rofl I just asked Hubby "what are you plans for today" no response I looked and well I guess he is already doing them (he went out to the woodshop and I didn't have the light on in here so he wasn't sitting on the couch like I thought)

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 05:17 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,207,622 times
Morning!

Well yesterday at work began slow and we were getting ready for inventory, when I came back from lunch smack............they were there Hit pretty hard and then when I went to leave at 3 pm (remember I had to be at work at 6 am) my replacement had not come in! I called the manager and she sent another girl over from the sportswear department so I could leave, don't know what happened but I needed to get home, eat, take a long bath, and get to sleep! I was utterly exhausted and slept for 12 1/2 hours last night!

Just going to hang out with M&M today, I do need to get a 2012 calendar and a trip to the library might be a good thing but other than that nothing on my list of to do will get any attention!

We are getting rain right now, supposed to turn into a snow/rain mix, we will see what happens, I guess snow is in our near future tho which is good the ski places need to make their money this year and need real snow

I'll stop back later when I wake up a little bit more, just wanted to say "I survived". Lol!

Old 12-27-2011, 06:38 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,501,224 times
Thanks for the good thoughts, Karla. He's in the shower now, and naturally it's a nice crappy-weather-morning for the drive up to Detroit. Stayed up late doing last minute laundry and all that, but at least he won't have to when he gets back!

Might [finally] get back to working out today, maybe. Think I'll call cable and see what they plan to do about replacing exercise tv. Even though it was on the 'free VOD' we still pay a ton for our cable bill and it is a--what's that divorce saying? It is the style to which I've become accustomed.

Sandy, that sounds like a much needed and much deserved rest!

Old 12-27-2011, 07:03 AM

Be safe driving Billy to the airport! It might be time to begin planning your next vacation to the wonderful state of TX! At least he is state side now and you don't have to worry about him in harms way

Snowing up here now, sticking to the grass so I am sure the winter sports places are dancing about now, yesterday the ski area here in GR made snow and that is not exactly the ideal situation to be skiing and or snowboarding in.

Girls are playing with the newest video games they got, T is late for work, and I am still in pj's and robe enjoying the lazy morning!

Old 12-27-2011, 07:07 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,318,969 times
Good morning!!!

Just waiting for my last dentist appointment next week and we are heading home....of course we have to watch the weather.

Karla-Holidays always throw me off. I am ready for things to get back to normal.

Sandy-I'm glad you made it through. And you got some well deserved rest

Connie-Good luck with cable.

I need opinions here When I get home the weather is bound to be brutal so I'll need to get some DVD's. I have noticed since I hit my last birthday things are starting to go more south....and I need some help.

So what are your favorite DVD's for exercising?

Pattie-What do you do when you do your weights?

OK..off to do laundry.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:37 AM

Lisa the only DVD I have is Denise Austin and I really like her total workout, she has you working on all parts and adds weights also. The only thing is you really need to change things out otherwise the body will get used to the type of workout you do and begin to lose impact value. I have not worked out to Denise in a while now so I will bring her out after the school vacation is over. I know Karla has quite a selection of workout DVD's so she can bring in a better selection.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:50 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,218,959 times
Hi, all.

Did 3 miles this a.m. with 1/2 hour weights.

Lisa, I don't know if I can explain what I do. Each exercise is done 12 reps twice. There are 2 machines I work on. One is a "lap bar" (That's what Len calls it). Standing up, I pull down 30 lbs. Sitting, I can do 50. I also do something like a sit-up while pulling the 50 lbs.

We have a leg machine that I do 100 lbs. on. I usually do these 3 times. I also exercise my ankles and calves by holding the weight out, keeping the knees bent, and just flexing my toes toward me and back. I do these reps twice.

I do the side bendy thingies. In case someone doesn't know what these are, I have a 10 lb. weight in one hand. Feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent. Bend toward the side where the weight is, letting it drop down towards the floor while raising the opposite arm up and over the head. I do 12 per side, usually 4 times each.

I'll be back in a bit to explain the rest - lunch is ready.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:44 AM

Still in pj's and does not look like I may get out today! Max got into something and got horribly sick in the family room, poor little guy thought he was going to be in trouble I just got done steam cleaning the mess up with a hand held cleaner and will probably steam clean the entire thing over the weekend).

Finally got M&M off the DVD games they got for Christmas and they are happily playing a board game and I have some piece and quiet T has a cold, so I really do need to go and get lysol to spray the door handles and light switches.

Pattie how in the world can you lift 100 lbs with your legs, man I would be hurting from now until next Christmas! Good job!

Old 12-27-2011, 12:29 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,218,959 times
Sandy, legs are really strong; after all, they have to carry us around all day! Besides, I've been doing this a while. Believe me, I didn't start out at these weights. You have to find where your comfort zone meets challenge without hurting yourself.

For the rest, I use 8 or 10 lb. hand weights, depending on the exercise:

Hand curls
front lunges
side lunges
squats (and I squeeze my butt cheeks together when I come up from the squat)
shoulder scrunches

I do one that's like a rowing motion
ANd the one that's really helped me is where I kneel on a bench, put one hand on it, and keeping my back straight like a table, I lift the weight straight up and slowly lower it back down again. This has made a big difference in my back; I still have a way to go, but I'm getting there.

OK, I have a nice ham in the oven. I'll be steaming some asparagus, throw in a couple of sweet 'taters to bake and I've made a nice cole slaw. See you all later.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:37 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,053,142 times
Morning ladies
Well yesterday didn't work out the way I planned
I was so busy with work in the morning that I didn't have a chance to get out of my jammies until 12:30 lol

So there went my plans for the day because by the time I was done hubby was done in the workshop so we hung out

My favorite workout DVDs are the walking away the #'s one
I have a set of Pilaties but don't really like them

lol Pattie part of your workout sounds like my PT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals