Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 04:48 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies
Happy Wednesday !!!

I have to drop my friend at work at 10 them I am meeting an old friend for lunch

We have been friends for almost 30 years,since I lived in NJ, he moved down here 5 years before I did
He bought a house in one of our Historic districts and is rehabbing it So I am going to meet him at 11 and he is taking me to see the house then we are going for lunch
Since I have an hour between dropping my friend and meeting him I am going return a few things at Beals which is on the way

This afternoon will be exercise time it is only gong to reach 63 today so I am thinking a nice long walk outside will be invigorating
I will probably take lola with me she has been crazy full of energy lately and it might wear some of it out of her

What are you all up to today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 05:40 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Morning!

I'm waiting for the sun to come up so I can take a brisk walk this morning. Max has yet to show his little face so I am thinking I will be without a dog this morning.

Besides my walk I have laundry, and house picking up to do, also need to get M&M motivated to put up their small stocking stuffer presents! I think my trip to the library will become a reality today and my car needs some interior cleaning too. In other words my last day off work will be filled with things I should have been doing daily for quite a while!

My little Natalie has an ear infection, she sure did look pale on Christmas day and the doctor did order antiobiotics for her over the weekend so she did not get worse. Got new pictures of them for Christmas and in one of them Austin looks like a little stinker...........lol which he is

Best get, I will be back later!

Old 12-28-2011, 07:57 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Karla-Enjoy the house.

Sandy-I hope Natalie feels better.
Good luck with the cleaning.

Cleaning and organizing to be done today. we also need to go to the bank and back to the storage building. Time to get some stuff off the motor home and packed away.

It is a beautiful sunny.....and cooler day today. I amy take a nice long walk later.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:27 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Oh, my. Errands this morning turned into an all day project.

We both walked at least 4 miles today.

Then, it was off to The City. First stop to the Credit UNion to cash a check, then to the VA to see if he can "fire" his current dr. and get a new one, then to the mall where we got my good jewelry checked and the new earrings are being sent to have screw-backs put on them so I won't lose them, stopped at the Hallmark store for a box of thank you's only to discover that they were closing so everything was 40% off so I got some good deals plus had a $5 off a $10 purchase which was better, went to the Verizon store to up our minutes and get 2 new free phones, went for Chinese, then stopped at a restaurant supply for a couple of items we couldn't find anywhere else. Whew!

Old 12-28-2011, 03:46 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Finally, I did a short workout after a too-long hiatus. What a lousy day, so far, oh well. Billy's gone, it's back to reality.

Have a good one all.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:23 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Morning ladies
Pattie - new earrings !! Did santa bring them ?

Sandy- sending get wishes for Natalie It's so hard when little ones are sick

Lisa - You have stuff that you leave in FL ?
lol every time you mention the storage place it reminds me of the show Storage Wars that hubby & I have been watching
Where they auction off the units that are abandoned
Have you ever seen one of the auctions at your storage place ?

Connie- (hugs) I know the first day with Billy going back home must of sucked

Any news from the TV folks if they are going to be putting the exercises back on ?
Does the local cable company offer them ?

Yesterday was very nice but very long The house is very cool lol it was actually cold no heat in the house,it was built in 1905
He has done a lot of work already new siding renovated the windows
Since it is in a historical district he has to keep things the same and things must go through the preservation committee.
He is doing a lot of the work himself and has found a millwork place that can reproduce the original missing woodwork pieces
It is going to be really nice when he is done. he said he is almost to the expensive parts putting in the new drywall as well as the heating & AC

We went to a great little place for lunch and I got home around 3

Got some work done and finally finished up around 6

Old 12-29-2011, 04:37 AM

Sounds interesting Karla, is he living there while renovating it? Could get mighty cold. I had friends in AL that bought a historical house and were renovating it while living there, they had heaters because the house did not have heat.

Little Natalie is feeling better but not yet up to par she should be much better today being as it will be the fifth day on her meds (Kim took her off them on Saturday thinking it was just a cold, I told her on Sunday to put her back on them because she looked very sick).

Old 12-29-2011, 04:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Glad Nat's feeling a little better, Sandy.

Yes, Karla. Santa was good to me again this year. Among other things, he brought me a nice pair of those Journey earrings with the 3 graduated diamonds. Very pretty.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:52 AM

Oh Pattie how nice I got Dr. Scholl shoes and was in 7th heaven! I would think I had died and gone to heaven if I got diamonds (actually Bob used to buy me diamonds, now his thinking is "she buys what she wants"). Lol gotta love that man!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:27 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Karla-DH likes to watch the storage war shows. In all the places we have been around the country, we have never seen a storage auction or even an ad. I imagine it's not "too" common and the people who do the auctions travel around and have a client list.

After we sold the house so unexpectedly we had to get small storage unit. We had tools, food(I'm a stocker), extra clothes, pictures, a couple of rugs and some misc. extras in the house that can't fit in the van while we are living in it. We are lucky "we" can live in it, lol. Anyway, we have been going through some of the boxes and consolidating. We have to bring it all home when we go back to TN. Yeah...we will be like Sanford and Son

The house sounds like it will be very nice when it is done. Good luck to your friend and his vision. DH and I don''t do historical homes. Too much red tape and too much money. Hubby and I don"t do well with other people's rules

Pattie-Wow...your Christmas continues. Sounds like a busy day.

I love going to restaurant supply stores. They have so many cool things

Sandy-I'm glad Natalie is feeling better. My DH is the same way. I buy what I want. I would cringe if hubby tried to buy me jewelry. I am way way too picky. About 98% of the jewelry out there I just don't like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals