Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Yay woo hoo today is my last P/T appointment !!

Hubby and I joked that we were getting a raise today because we would no longer have to pay almost $400 a month in co-pays !!!

I don't have to go until 7:30 so hopefully it will be light enough so I can go out back and pick some grapefruit for my P/T lady. She loves the pink grapefruit and it just so happens I have a few extra lol like 150

I am not sure what else today will hold I do have a couple errands and some laundry

Maybe I will get to the windows today since I didn't yesterday

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 05:45 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Morning!

I took my morning walk early, in the dark, because I have so much to do today!

I'm making the beef barley soup this morning and letting it cook most of the day in the crock pot (Pattie does 5-6 hours sound good on this?). I have to finish cleaning and have about 3 loads of towels to wash (God bless little girls). AND I am making my visit to the library come true today! Should be a nice one temperature wise in MI, in the low 40's, calm before the storm predictions are we should be getting 4-6 inches of snow Friday-Saturday!

Karla can you peel the grapefruit by sections and freeze it? Sounds good to me, I still have 2 left from the past visit to grocery store so it sounds good for breakfast

Have agreat day all.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:44 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Sandy, the meat's already cooked, right?? 5-6 hours should be fine; I don't put the barley in till an hour or two before it's ready to eat, tho.

Did my 3 miles w/30 min. weights this a.m. Felt good. I lucked out and got there first, so the TV channel was my choice. Last time I went to the weight room, Spongebob Squarepants was on! I'm pretty sure, tho, that whatever show they'd been watching (one lady watches I Love Lucy) ended, Spongebob came on and nobody wanted to get off the machine to turn the channel. When the Lucy lady said I could turn the channel, the other two said "Thank you!"

Not much going on. Len has a job this a.m. I need to get some groceries...I don't like this when he takes the car on me. He doesn't want to use the golf cart because he takes so many tools "just in case" and doesn't want to leave them unattended. I usually don't go anywhere but I need a couple of things. He said we'd go out this afternoon. If it's like yesterday, tho, I'm out of luck.

Yesterday, I busted butt around this house. Today, I think I'll just sit my sorry butt down and read, watch tv, start a crochet project. Sounds good to me.

Have a great day, all.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:03 AM

Don't blame you one bit Pattie, when Bob and I only had one vehicle he worked nights and I was still able to get my running around done, I would not like being left without a vehicle when I had things I wanted to do.

Thanks for the response on soup, last time I made it was not in the crock pot and I used cube steak. Today I am using left over pot roast and figured cooking time was just enough to have all the flavors to marry!

Old 01-10-2012, 07:10 AM

I'm sure it'll be great.

Karla, I forgot...congrats on ending PT. I do NOT miss it one bit. The folks were really nice, but I"m happy I no longer have to see them on a regular professional basis. And I hear ya on the raise.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:41 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Pattie 2 words "Locked toolbox"
He can put it on the seat next to him or on the back of the cart. he can even chain it to the back
lol I am sure he is going to really appreciate our suggestions

Ya know that beef barley soup sounds good I like beef & I like barley I like carrots & taters so might have to give this a try

Did my final return and a quick stop at wally world

Oh sigh I have to go 1 more tie to PT she said she didn't want to release me because of the muscle pain in my shoulder that runs to my neck she said it was all knotted up and she wants to see what happens in a week. I didn't tell her I was lifting the different chainsaws at HD on Sunday when we swapped out the ele one for a gas one
So graduation wil have to wait 1 more week

ok got to go enter payroll
bbl

Old 01-10-2012, 03:25 PM

Karla, karla, karla....when will you learn, girlfriend??? (I know...about the same day I do!)

THanks for the suggestion...hubby's tool "boxes" are actually canvas bags he's bought. They're rather neat with all kinds of compartments and such. Each one is for a different type of project. Gawd forbid we have one big tool box with all those tools mixing around together!

Old 01-10-2012, 06:34 PM

Wow. Check this out. Poor dog and owner. It's amazing how this all worked out.

Video: Dog rescued in Gulf of Mexico had just survived car crash | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

Old 01-11-2012, 04:34 AM

I saw that video on facebook yesterday Pattie, wonder why the dog went into the water instead of running in the opposite direction? Really quite an amazing story but I could not help but think why is this guy taking a video of himself fishing?

Old 01-11-2012, 05:17 AM

That was a bit odd that he likes to video himself like that. I guess the poor dog was just scared out of his mind, poor bugger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals