Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:35 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,065,909 times

Advertisements

Combining yesterday & today that is
I was suppose to go to PT this morning but am going to cancel because I have way to much to do

So once I get the work thing caught up I am really going to need a treadmill session to get rid of the "I so want to hit someone" stress yesterday caused

I was so wound up I didn't go to bed until almost 1 am

Hopefully we are picking up the 4-runner today. It wasn't done as of 5 pm yesterday

Yikes just looked it is suppose to be 77 today shorts weather anyone

OK my cellphone just rang when I answered it some lady said "who is this" lol I said you called me who is this
Sorry I think I have the wrong number well ya think she sounded sleepy so I guess she misdialed

Well I guess I better go get the clothes out of the dryer before I have to redry them a 5th time lol

What are you all up to today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 05:53 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,210,379 times
Morning!

Welllll we have rain, north, south, and east of us has ice and fog, snow in the near future. Man what a wierd winter

I have to finish cleaning today, finish laundry, go to the library, and get a hair cut! When I get done with all of this I will exercise with Denise cuz I sure am not going to walk out there in the rain!

Wow Karla, a trip to the big state bet you can't wait. Do I see a reunion with Chaos? He will go nuts, hummmm and maybe you too! One thing I did not understand is your chix venders, don't they need the money your restaurant would pay them, why the heck did they just drop your orders?

Gotta get, busy morning.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:19 AM

Morning Sandy
You are having weird weather
We are unseasonably warm
maybe Ma Nature is having issues

The chix vendor issue was due to guess who corporate
But I am glad to say the new vendor we have been using since the 1st is working out really well (knock on wood)

I am not sure if I am going to see my buddy since he is 3 hours north and I am only there 2 real days maybe CD sister will drive him down

Old 01-17-2012, 06:36 AM

Old 01-17-2012, 10:22 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,227,048 times
Aaaawwww...I hope you get to see your buddy, Karla. If you do, give him a pet for me, ok?? BTW, I still have that scar he gave me!

Got up a bit late this a.m. cuz hubby needed a back and leg rubdown really bad, thanks to the work he did yesterday. Poor baby. He didn't walk cuz of his leg hurting and he had another job today, so he figured he'd be getting his exercise there anyway.

Me, I walked about 3 miles and did my 30 min. weights. I keep tellin Len that this takes an extra 15-30 minutes, so not to look for me too quickly. As I walked thru the door, he was getting ready to call me, make sure I was ok. It's nice to have someone who worries about me.

Still no Evey, huh? I hope everything's ok.

(Karla, don't read this) Made some roasted squash soup. It's in the crockpot as we speak. That'll be the starter to dinner, followed by roast pork with steamed asparagus and fresh veggies. Man, the 'maters are coming fast and furious.

I should do some (shudder) ironing..... but first, I have to visit my other CD buddies. (this is not Karla's CD buddy, BTW. )

Have a great day, all.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:08 AM

Awww how nice Pattie!

Can I come to dinner or ask for a shipment of leftovers to be sent to me And I know Evey is fine she posted on FB last night, TT was looking like a little piggy after rolling in the mud

I have seen rain, ice, and now snow falling up here. Our winter weather advisory has kicked in for our county also now, seems to be really nasty up north of here but it is coming here too. I just got back from haircut and library and the roads are getting slick. Thank goodness I don't work until 11 tomorrow, yes I got a phone call yesterday from boss seems they have some extra hours needing to be picked up in another department, did I tell you all lately how badly I dislike working retail!

Old 01-17-2012, 01:43 PM

afternoon ladies

well more phone work this morning to get the cameras reconnected

We picked up the 4-runner wow it looks brand new they did a great job on the detailing so good I gave the guy who did it a tip they even steam cleaned the engine
lol I had to get it out of there before my friend the GM tried to trade it on me

it is so beautiful out (sorry northern ladies) I broke out the short sleeves & sandals woudl of worn shorts but havent been diligent on the leg shaving thing

Sandy I always say about retail is everyone needs to of worked it once in their lives to understand
lol I still straighten when I am shopping and the rack is askew

lol pattie I like roast pork

Old 01-17-2012, 02:27 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,507,451 times
Today I did a 10 minute Sparkpeople kickboxing workout. Not much, but better than nothing.

The wind is really blowing here, but it is still pretty mild, at least when I went out to fetch our garbage cans, which had conveniently/miraculously blown right up the driveway!

Have a good day all. Karla, I really hope you get to see Chaos! So close and yet so far...

Old 01-17-2012, 03:22 PM

20,549 posts, read 30,332,386 times
Hello everyone.

So here is a recap of yesterday's events
So we are back home and the excitement begins OK we waited for today before we ventured down our driveway to go to town. There was still snow on the drive but we made it around the big curve, which is the steepest part of our drive About 200 feet later DH hit ice and he says "hold on" as we blow through the electric fence Well at least it wasn't the gateSo off to town we go. We figured the longer we stay there the better the dance we have of the driveway melting. On a good note we ran into the UPS driver and picked up our new Wind Generator which he was delivering today So we head back home and get through the gate. We pass the area where we slid off...no problem. We almost make it to the big steep curve and we start to slide...backwards OMG..now hubby says..just hang on....sure no problem. I love sliding down backwards on ice The curbs kept us inside the driveway for a little bit and then we bounced off and into the ditch. Hubby got us back out and within 20 seconds we were back in the ditch sideways. Ahh....finally the car stopped. Oh well...we now have to wait until we can get the tractor down to see if we can get the jeep out.

We took the 4-wheeler down, well hubby did, while I used a flat shovel to scrape some ice off the drive, to get some stuff out of the jeep. So now we are back in the house and hubby is working on the wind generator.

"Green Acres Is The Place To Be"

We did go down later with the tractor and get the Jeep out of the rocks.

I haven't been doing scheduled exercises but I have been lugging wood, walking up and down the driveway, digging holes and moving refrigerators. Today we went and picked up our new refrigerator which uses gas and electric...so on the bad days we can run it on gas and the good days we can use to sun power

I do have my exercise room set up but I am not back on schedule yet.

Have a great night.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:30 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,227,048 times
LOL...LIsa, it doesn't matter whether it's scheduled.

Sandy, you'll always be welcome at the NMS household, so if you get tired of the cold, c'mon down, girl! CHange of plans. Len took a lunch break at 1:30, so I knew he wouldn't want a full big dinner and, besides, since the customer changed plans on his pantry, Len's not sure when he'll be home. So.. dinner will still be squash soup (since it's been bubblin' away all day!) and a nice chef salad. I brought our neighbor some of the soup - she's been down all week with some kind of bug - and we still have enough for both of us.

Retail is not a fun job, IMO. I know....worked 3 or 4 retail jobs and never, EVER want to go back. Thanks for the Evey Update. Glad she's ok.

Been busy since I posted. Made the soup (which is quite the process), did some puttering around (chores, etc.), ironed, made hubby's lunch when he got home, put away dishes, made the salad for supper (except for the meat, cheese and 'maters), then finally sat my butt down at 4 and had a beer! Man, it tasted good.

See y'all tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals