Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:03 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,065,909 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies

I slept a little later because I was up so late and realized yikes it is an hour later

So now it is rush time to meet out friends

Stopping at Home Depot after to get some soil and watermelon seeds I cleaned out the bed in front of the screenroom it gets full sun all afternoon so will be perfect to grown watermelons

I better go get dressed
I will be back after to chat more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 07:19 AM

261 posts, read 356,534 times
I've always tried to plant flowers and never succeeded, sounds like you are the woman to talk to when the time comes. We will have to wait for next year. We just put in our house in August (doublewide on 200 acres). We got it all set up and liveable but didn't have time for landscaping. This spring my husband and father are going to scrap off the entire yard and redesign it so it doesn't get so muddy during spring.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun babysitting. I could just picture the dog trying to get under the sofa. We have a black lab puppy who is 8 months old and hasn't realized he's gotten too big to get under our bed. Last night I was in bed and he was under it trying to get out. He was really struggling so rather than help I called to my husband and told him the bed was giving birth. He got out and I yelled "its a boy". LOL.

Anyway, bright and sunny here in NY. Heading into school now to finish some grading and lesson plans. Its going to be close to 50 degrees so going to take my daughter for a walk, maybe go see the baby calves that were born this weekend.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:20 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,210,379 times
Morning!

Well Karla I remembered to set the clocks ahead last night, so I went to bed at 10 pm instead of 9 pm
I do admit that I looked at the clock this morning and said to myself "whew, I slept in, in real time it is 7 am). Hahahaha I usually am up by 5:30 so I slept in today.

I've already had my walk this morning, it is a beautiful 41 degrees on it's way to 63! We are supposed to have mild weather for this next week, March and April can be cruel up here tho and we could still see snow. Right now my mind is saying "begin Spring cleaning".

Gotta get, yay Cheryl on the new home, May is a perfect time to be moving!

Morning Sunny, we were posting at the same time! Karla is the plant lady and her flowers are beautiful! Pattie and hubby don't do too shabby either, her hubby has HUGE "mater" plants.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:22 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,227,048 times
Yep. We're the 'mater champs. Sunny, Karla's actually a Master Gardener. Cool, huh? DH is talking about planting some squash in our "grow boxes" to see if he can get some going this year.

He's taping off the partition between the kitchen and sitting room and then will paint that. We're painting both sides of it "Western Brown" which is a reddish chocolate brown. Then we'll see if we want to paint the surrounding kitchen walls that color (not sure if it's going to make the room too dark) or paint all the other walls a med. beige (Imperial Beige). Neither one of us ever liked the color the kitchen turned out - it was supposed to be Terra Cotta, but it has too much of a pinkish tinge to it - but we never wanted to say anything to the other! So it's gone...soon.

I'm wasting time, waiting for him to finish something so I can start cleaning the room he's finished and start moving things back where they belong.

LOL...my neighbor called a few minutes ago and wanted to come over and shoot the breeze. I started laughing and said, "Boy, is your timing perfect! The stove's in the dining room with the sofa, the sitting room's in the living room and the living room's on the lanai....." I asked if we could do it some other time and she said yes.

OK, off to say hello at OOH. CYL

Old 03-11-2012, 12:13 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,307,480 times
Hi everyone,

Karla, what kind of dog were you with last night? Sounds kind of like a St. Bernard with the big head and all.

The house we're getting is very well landscaped with plants, flowers, some kind of a rhubarb plant and I think some grapes. I told the sellers the other day that I hope we don't kill it all. A friend of mine in Texas was up here about 2 months ago and brought me an aloe plant which I was told needs a lot of sun. We didn't have a lot of sun at our other place because of all the pine trees. Our rental we're in now has some decent sun and the house we're moving to has a lot of sun.
I'll ask advice from you all but there's probably a bit of difference in your plants in Fla. compared to NM plants. We're still going to be in a mountainous area but the altitude isn't going to be as high as here even though it's still high altitude.

I slept in this morning. This springing forward messes me up.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 PM

I didn't sleep in; I still woke up at 5:30, even tho my body thought it was 4:30.

Cheryl, we have aloe and it couldn't be easier to keep. We actually have one that is flowering! I didn't know they did that!

Old 03-11-2012, 02:30 PM

I've had aloe too Cheryl and did not kill it

You gals it is sooooo beautiful up here, nothing could keep me in today (not even Spring cleaning). So windows open, deck furniture out, and I have a good book I'm reading. Cleaning can wait until a rainy day!

Old 03-11-2012, 03:20 PM

You go, girl! It'll still be there when the rain hits.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:40 PM

I did Pattie! Besides warming up lasagna for dinner I did nothing besides outside things

Old 03-12-2012, 04:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,065,909 times
Morning ladies
Whew Well yesterday was non-stop yardwork day
It was perfect weather for it cloudy with a big breeze

I edged & w/w this is the first time since the shoulder surgery
and yay I am not really sore this morning
Hubby mowed then we went to work in the backyard

We decided to put in a raised bed right in front of the screenroom where the butterfly garden usually is so I had to transplant the couple of thing that survived the 6 months my non-gardening restriction.
We are going to grow the watermelon and cukes as well as seasonal veggies

Hubby got out the ladder and picked the remaining grapefruit & oranges
Both of them are covered with blossoms so he said lol "we have to remove the remaining "stock"
I have 2 of those reusable grocery bags full
looks like I may be doing some juicing

Then we trimmed back the one branch of the bottle brush tree that is shading the lemon tree

Then I headed into the screenroom to clean that up
We finished around 2 it was really nice to be doing the joint yard stuff again

lol we were both worn out and I had a bogo coupon to Mimis so we went there to eat

Cheryl - is your Aloe regular aloe it so they do not do well in full sun they get brown and hard
They do better in filtered sun. I have only had blooms once or twice
oh the dog is a German Shepard and his dad is around 130 #s so see why I call him a horse

Sunny - 200 acres !!!!! Drool I would have so much fun with 200 acres and baby cows now I am really jealous

If they are going to be scraping & redesigning having them redo the slop and run off angle should help with the muddy issues

Pattie - send pictures I can't wait to see the colors we need to do some repainting and those colors sound great

hey has anyone heard from Lisa ? She hasn't been here in awhile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals