U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 04:52 AM

17,835 posts, read 30,929,026 times

Advertisements

Good morning all my fine exercise buddies

Happy Monday !!

As soon as it gets light I am going to head out and dump the soil into the raised bed it will be a great upper body workout
My lower body will also get a workout from squatting to spread the dirt

I have a couple packs of seeds and lol 1 eggplant plant to put in
I am not sure if I like eggplant I keep forgetting to cook the ones I buy but it is a cool looking plant

CD will be over later this afternoon (he is working out this morning) and we will go over work stuff and I will finish gathering the info I need to get the taxes over to the accountant

We are going out to dinner tonight for his B-day(which is wed) not sure yet where we are going

lol do you all want to come with !!!!!

What are you all doing today?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 05:50 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,633,829 times
Morning all!

Got two miles out of the way this morning and am ready to get cleaned up for this beautiful day W. MI is supposed to have.

Bob got the crab grass preventive down yesterday and some bug killer (T has grubs and nasty ants). I am hoping he got the preventive down early enough, this 80 degree weather has everyone surprised. Usually in MI April is the month to treat your grass but everything is blooming right now. We are supposed to have warm weather up until Thursday and then the temperatures are going back down, hopefully not below 40 tho.

Karla sounds like you are having fun with CD! Where you going for dinner?

Gotta get, I'll be back later.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,770,550 times
DH and I walked 3 miles this morning and I did my 30 min. weights. He decided he needed to get back to walking, even with all the work he's doing. Glad to have him doing it again.

Absolutely, Karla....I'll be up in a few hours.

Hi, Sandy. Enjoy the weather.

oooo, I forgot to mention....we got our tax refund today! Lookout Bealls, here I come!

Old 03-19-2012, 01:00 PM

7,358 posts, read 17,959,699 times
Hi everyone,

Snowing and windy today. I'm just piddling around the inside of the house.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:23 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,392,278 times
Today I just did an arm/butt/abs workout, I think that about covers it. Couldn't do one that I wanted because I was waiting to hear from the dr or pharmacy about my prescripiton issues.

Hope you have fun at the birthday dinner. Oh-speaking of that, guess to tried a burger w/fresh pineapple on it? Billy! Had one on his trip to Corpus Christi. He said it was really good--and he's sort of reluctant to try new foods.

Good luck with the grubs Sandy, we had [have] them in our backyard and they are a BIG problem. Moles in the front, grubs in the back. Moles eat grubs. Need a plan here!

Sorry to see you're having snow and wind, Cheryl, it's sunny and warm here today. Finally drying up to, thank heavens.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:29 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,633,829 times
Have a good Tuesday all, I am off to work.

We had grubs in our old house up here Connie, big pain especially if your hubby puts lots of time and money into a lawn

Old 03-20-2012, 05:33 AM

17,835 posts, read 30,929,026 times
Morning ladies

Well I would say I got quite the workout yesterday
I moved and dumped close to 800# of soil
I ran out and headed back to HD and got 8 more bags(needed more but "someone has the 4runner)
I have the first 2 parts of the bed filled and planted
the watermelon seed basil seeds are in as well as the 1 eggplant plant and I picked up a pack of sugar snap peas and planted them also

Need about 5 more bags of dirt(which I will get this morning) and I can finish

ok so I hurried up yesterday because I had a 1:30 Dr apt well lol I get there and she says "um your apt isn't until tomorrow" /smack
Since I have to take CD to the airport at the same time I rescheduled it for wed

We ended up going to this New Orleans style restaurant (they have great burgers) they also have this appetizer fried bow tie pasta with spinach artichoke dip. I usually just order the pasta but ordered the dip this time cause of cd & hubby. Guess what I tried the dip and it was good

We had a really fun time just chatting and hanging out

Pattie I need to get hubby motivated to exercise he had been doing great with the eating healthy and has lost some weight
Was there any motivation tips you used on your hubby that I can try?

Connie - pineapple on a burger hmmm sounds interesting
tell Billy his Auntie Karla is on the same page as him with the food thing
A good grub control will help reduce the moles since it will mean there is no food supply. Don't waste your money on any of the "mole controls" they did a study at the head extension place and there is nothing that works
I think the funniest one is the little windmill fan thing that send vibrations into the ground. If vibrations worked you would have no mole issue near highways

Sandy your weather sounds amazing !!!

Cheryl Snow !!! wow hey I will gladly send you some of our heat

Old 03-20-2012, 07:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,770,550 times
Karla, I think my dedication to exercising - setting that example helped him along. That and the doctor saying "do it or die!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals