Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 05:42 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

May you all have blue skies and 72 degree temps

We are going up to 86 so another day of A/C

Heading to HD in a bit to get the last bit of dirt to finally finish the raised bed
I am also going to see if they have any small trellis's that I can use for the climbing sugar snap peas that way they will go up and leave me more planting room. Might also get one for the cucumbers

I have to get payroll in then off to the airport around 1:30 Hiroko is going with us so she can see CD

How are you all spending the first day of Spring !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 06:14 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Good morning. It's Spring

Hubby and I are putting the shingles on the new shed today. All 14 bundles Then I have a CPR class to go to tonight with my stepdaughter. Busy day.

Karla-Yay for gardening. I just bought a pack of peas seeds last night. I may try and plant early since the weather has been so warm. I never use a whole pack so if the first batch freezes it won't be a big deal. I'll just plant again. Trellises have been a throne in my side. I can never seem to find the right ones. Let me know what you find. I was looking at this one to make. It looks very easy for peas and green beans.

How to Make a Reusable Plant Trellis: 6 steps (with pictures)

Have a great day!!!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:46 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Good morning!

Hubby worked till 7:30 last night. He was one tired dude and has another full day today, so he wussed out on the walk this a.m. Me? I did a bit over 4 miles, thank you very much, and my legs yelled at me for at least 3 of those miles.

Poor Len...he told a lady he'd fit her in sometime during the day, maybe late afternoon. She wanted her yard raked (which he HATES). He finally finished his other 2 jobs at 5:30, then went over to Ann's to rake. He called me about 6:30 and asked me to bring our big industrial type broom so he could sweep her driveway. He'd had no lunch and no supper and didn't think to pack a cooler with some water and soda. So I grabbed a couple of apples and 2 big bottles of water and brought them to him with the broom. He got home at 7:30 and ate dinner.

My phone must have rung while we were unloading the car. Around 8:30, I noticed it had a message from Ann. She wanted to know if Len would be able to rake today (Tuesday) since he wasn't able to fit her in yesterday. He'd been there over 2 hours, raked 3/4 of her yard and she didn't even know it! He'd knocked twice (really loud, he said), raked all around the house and her windows were open and she never heard him! She actually asked me if he went to the wrong house! I hope she notices the 5 bags of rakings he left beside the curb! He said he'd finish her up today; he was just too hungry and tired to do any more.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:27 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
You know, a couple granola bars make a good snack, and with crunchy peanut butter (or nutella!) on them, it is pretty substantial, calorie wise.

Supposed to be around 80 here today.

I hope he's getting paid a LOT to rake. What a **** job.

Got up earlier than usual and turned on the stereo, so there's been a few mini-cardio workouts going on.

Karla, how was the birthday dinner? Did I miss the update?

Pattie, sounds like your hubby is due for a vacation, which is sort of funny, since he's retired!

Old 03-20-2012, 11:16 AM

I know, Connie...yesterday, he said he's working harder now than when he worked! And lucky me...I get to pick up the slack here at our house. Oh, well...he's happy, enjoying it and it gives him some pocket $$.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:38 PM

Go help him rake and split the difference!

Today I did a short arms workout then the MMA one-whew! It was a little harder than usual, I guess because of the one I did right before. Good stuff! I love when you feel really good after a workout, it's rare for me.

Now, mh's latest project is painting the front of the garage...oh and refinishing these little ladders off the boat. Go ahead, ladies, ask me how my kitchen is coming along...........

Old 03-20-2012, 01:59 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Hi everybody,

Where has Evey been? Haven't seen her on here in a while.

Pattie, make sure he has plenty to drink. We were told to pack snacks in case of a fire. Nuts, dried fruits are a good thing to take along. Plenty of water.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:24 PM

Good thinking, Cheryl! That kind of snack stuff you could keep in your pocket, even.

I guess evey and Sue are having trouble getting on to City Data. She can look and read it but not log in and participate.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:01 PM

He has a little cooler he can toss soda and/or water in with some ice and we always have things like nuts and fruit in the house, but that would make too much sense. I did notice that the cooler was with him today.

Had a great day today. I got the car for the afternoon. First stop: Credit union. then onto JC Penney where I got some more of these really great panties that I recently discovered. Got to the register to find out they're $2 LESS than what they were marked! That made my week! I'll be going back later on in the week to get more. Then over to the jewelry repair lady. Remember the bracelet I lost?? Well, not long after it was found, I was cleaning up after the walls were painted and broke the darned thing. My buddy Lupe fixed it for me. Then, I got a hair cut and had a fun time with the guy who cuts his hair. His buddy was there and we all had a few laughs. He only charges $9 for a cut and I usually give him a $4 tip - he always fits me in and we have such fun it's worth the extra. Oh, and I like the way he cuts my hair, too.

Then on to Bed Bath and Beyond where I got coffee pods. Final stop: Publix. I picked up some ground turkey to make a meatloaf, along with some other stuff. Got in the car, realized it was already 5 - too late to make meatloaf. Then I remembered we had the stuff to make Blue Cheese Turkey Meatballs. they are sooooo good. SO that was dinner.

Almost time to head to bed. See you all tomorrow. (((waving hi to Evey)))

Old 03-20-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
(((waving hi to Evey)))
We know you're there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals