Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 04:54 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times

Advertisements

omg I am so sorry I missed your day on Thursday

For some reason my birthday reminder did not notify me

I know you had a wonderful day !!!

Gonna be another scorcher today

Headed out to meet our breakfast friends in a bit then maybe a stop at walmart

Not sue what else is on thebooks but I can promise it will be inside stuff

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 05:02 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
Good morning!!!

Just popping in to say hi. I have not been on the exercise wagon latley. I need to go down and have nms's personal trainer kick my butt, lol.

Sandy-Happy Belated Birthday.

Did you have a good day?

Old 07-01-2012, 05:50 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,219,750 times
Thanks all!

I thought I took my birthday off facebook, does it still show to my friends? I did that because I read somewhere that between your e-mail and birthdate that it was a step closer to identity theft. Anyway Karla don't feel bad, I don't do birthdays anylonger. I just thought it was funny that BOb's Mom finally came off her high horse and sent me a card (she still gets her yearly b-day card, Christmas card, anniversary card, and mother's day card. I bet Jack had something to do with it, he is asking Bob when I am going to visit........NOT!

Okay, I just got back from my walk and Max had to stop at every blasted mail box between here and oh for about the last mile we walked. I guess that means I got my exercise but it did not count on taking any inches off. Next week I am going to stop at Dunham's and see if they have one of those exercise hoops filled with water, I guess they are wonderful for helping with the waist. Oh and yesterday I used T's weights to work on my bat wings on my arms! Bob said to me "do I hear something cracking". Lol, yup my shoulder.

Gotta get. Things to do and I still have a few loads of laundry. See yah!

Old 07-01-2012, 02:25 PM

I worked with the weights again, 5 minutes up and out. I am not quite sure but for this lady they feel like 20 lb weights. Now on to the next, looking for that hola hoop

Got carpeting cleaned, house cleaned minus one bathroom which will be put on tomorrow's list, most of the rugs are washed and put back out. Now back to the deck and another book to read.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:26 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Hi, gang. Back from visiting DH's uncle, sister, sister's SIL, and their grandchildren (2 boys, one girl). I have decided that I will no longer mourn my lack of G'kids. Came home, fed the cats and immediately poured us each a good, stiff drink.

Belated Happy B'day, Sandy. SOrry we missed it!

Len's sister brought dinner - burgers and dogs, the world's most tasteless mac salad, chips and we brought cupcakes - store bought since Len decided to tell me an hour before we were leaving that I should have made something, even tho when I asked him yesterday if he thought I should he said Linda had it all together. So, since I had such an unsatisfying dinner, I made popcorn to go with our drinks. It was good to see Linda, meet her SIL and g'kids, and see Bob. And I saw a part of Florida I've never seen before. Here's a clue: One road on which we traveled 45 miles was named Florida Cracker Trail. I expected to hear Dueling Banjos at any moment. It was a nice trip. And I'm tired.

I think you should allcome down and use the trainer. We could probably get a great group discount!

See you tomorrow.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:35 PM

I would love to use the trainer Pattie, but alas it will have to wait until I win the lottery

Humm was that road anywhere near the glades? I think we (meaning my Mom, Dad, and I) traveled it years ago. Nothing but swamp!

AND let me guess, mac salad from a store, am I right? The stuff that they sell up here in the stores is horrible, my ex-SIL thought it was great and I always made mac salad and pot salad to take to her house, hummmm could be she did not really know how to cook. She once said to me, as the rabbit stew was cooking in the crock pot, "he made it so it will be good." Gulp we did not stay for dinner.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:50 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
I explained to the trainer I couldn't afford weekly sessions, but occasional consultations. She understood. I wanted her to know up front that I want to pay her, but can't do it regularly at this point in time.

No, we went north, so nowhere near the glades, but in cattle country. Not quite as unpopulated but still country.

Not store bought. Even that has SOME kind of flavor. This had absolutely none. She made it with macaroni, Miracle Whip (which I hate, but I couldn't even taste that!), black olives and celery. Oh, and I think she used one hard boiled egg in the whole salad. There wasn't a hint of any kind of flavoring, not even salt and pepper. I usually throw a little dijon mustard, at least 3 or 4 eggs and onions in there and use green olives, sweet gerkhins and a bit of the pickle juice.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:15 PM

I don't like Miracle Whip either, only real mayo although I must admit I do like the mayo with olive oil. Some people just should not be allowed in a kitchen, now I am a good cook but my oldest daughter is an EXCELLENT cook. I do like my pot roast better than hers tho.

I found my hula hoop, at Walmart Not bad in price and good reviews about it also. So I am going to order one for myself, lol if I am visiting the chiropractor soon please don't say anything.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:17 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,526,885 times
Belated Happy Birthday to you Sandy! Is that hula hoop like a regular one, as in you have to actually do that hula-hooping craziness? I probably couldn't do it anymore, let alone with water in it!

Old 07-02-2012, 03:59 AM

It's an exercise hula hoop Connie. I am assuming it is like a bike, once learned always know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals