Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 04:46 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

and not in the garden

I have to dig through the dining room chairs & boxes in the guestroom to get to the closet where the suitcases are so we can get hubby packed for his trip

yup should of done that before I moved everything in there

Hubby is going to mow today
I am going to do laundry and get his stuff packed

I need to get a few more boxes so I can pack the final cabinets the spice cabinet & the liquor cabinet & junk drawer

I am really glad we packed up the kitchen yesterday it was so much easier than if I had waited and done it myself

Not sure what else today will hold maybe a couple steaks on the grill !!!

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 05:10 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good morning!

One word of advice, Karla: Keep that liquor box handy....you may need it! Sounds like you're coming along, tho. How exciting. Are you taking before, during and after photos?

Me, I'm just hangin' out here this a.m., waiting to leave for Lowes. Len and I are going together for the first batch of mulch, then he'll bring it and me home and head back for more while I start spreading. I'm good at spreading, but it's usually something other than mulch.

That'll be my workout.

I enjoyed the pool yesterday and will try to get my sorry butt over there again today. I'm sure I'll need some hot tubbin' to get rid of a few kinks here and there after spreading mulch. My back hurts already. Seriously, I woke up with a sore back, but that's not new for me.

Have a great day, everybody. CYL

Old 07-08-2012, 05:48 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Good morning!

I've walked all three miles this morning It is a balmy (lol) 70 degrees! I was so excited to see more northern temperatures come back that I was up early and ready to walk when the sun came up.

I saw your pictures on FB Karla, hopefully someone can just patch up the mess the original contractors did. You and Dana have come a long way in an afternoon! I do agree with Pattie, some things may not be attempted without a drink or two, a kitchen remodel is one

I've got to finish up laundry and clean up around here, then get coffee which I forgot yesterday when shopping. I could have finished everything yesterday but I realized that there was a Walking Dead marathon on yesterday and I have never seen the first season. Sooooo I spent the afternoon happily in airconditioning watching blood and gore!

We are finally getting a break in our warm temperatures, only supposed to be 90 today. It will feel wonderful!

Gotta get before the day gets away from me.

Have fun Karla and Pattie take it easy on the yard work.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:48 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
I did about an hour's worth of spreading mulch...12 bags. Boy, am I beat. I think I got a little sunburn on my face, too. I have a faux chicken burger in the oven. After I eat that, I think I'll head to the pool.

Hasta la Vista!

Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 AM

picked up more paint samples packed up 2 more cabinets only 1 left and of course I ran out of boxes
whoops then there is the pantry but I am going to try and fit everything that is in it into the hall pantry
why we need 2 pantry's for food stuff for 2 people boggles my mind

I kept the liquor close

Old 07-08-2012, 10:07 AM

Lol, laundry is almost done and the house is clean Now off to get the coffee I forgot yesterday and maybe a nice deli salad so I can just sit outside and enjoy the nice day

Old 07-08-2012, 10:48 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Hi all.

Sandy-Would you like to come and help me, lol? I have been working outside and the inside has been neglected.

What is Walking Dead?

Karla-It will be so exciting when you have your new kitchen. Hubby wanted to do a new kitchen for me but I have decided I would rather put up 2 dog kennels and make a 10x40 foot garden and build new beds next year since the cows destroyed about 40 of my green bean plants the other day.

You talk about only two pantries, lol. That is nothing compared to the food I store, lol.

Pattie-Good job on the mulch. I like playing with mulch..it's kind of like playing in the dirt I am probably the only person who doesn't use any tools in my garden. I do everything with my hands, lol.

OMG...we went out and hubby worked on the wood boards and I got nine 5 gallon buckets of rock. I am dripping. Break time and then back out to hopefully finish the wood part of the steps. Hmm!!! maybe there is something to that mulch....then again we do rock so we never have to do it again. Although if I had plants or flowers in it I would do the mulch. So much easier to dig and work with.

We now or will have a 44 foot staircase running along our driveway going down to the house. They are at a much slower drop than regular steps because of our hill and slope. We needed the steps for the winter when it ices up. At least we will have a level spot to walk up and down without busting our necks on the drive. I will get pictures up later or tomorrow.

I think my head is too hot to think much today, lol.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:03 PM

Pictures please Lisa Walking Dead is a tv series I watch, very icky but I love anything filled with suspense. It is about a zombie filled world, very few humans alive, and searching for a "safe" place.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:36 AM

morning ladies
Holy Moly Lisa when you said you were building stairs I never thought you meant a "wall" of stairs I can't wait to see pictures

Pattie thank again for the mulch sale info I told the "boys" and they were very happy to hear this though since none of them have a truck looks like I may be heading to lowes this afternoon with the 4runner to pick up what they couldnt fit in the car

Sandy I saw a preview of that show yup lol icky it scared me !!!

Well we pulled out 4 more of the remaining cabinets yesterday the only ones eft are the one over the microwave (its attached) and the one right next to it I needed 1 to keep some stuff I need this week

We pulled the fridge out yikes (for those that don't have FB I am taking a poll on how often you clean behind yours) holy moly lol how the hell does so much dusty yuck build up back there

I am really glad we pulled it instead of waiting for the day the construction guys came or I would of been really embarrassed

Got the laundry done and hubby all packed

lol it is weird not having cabinets on the one wall I catch myself wanting to put things where they were

Old 07-09-2012, 04:26 AM

Lol Karla, those little areas that dust and dirt hide were part of the 101 kitchen training my mom gave us girls growing up. I'm about a once a month cleaner behind the fridge. The stove, at T's house, I have never gotten out, it is too hard to pull it out because it is a snug fit inbetween the cabinets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals