Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 05:24 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

I started this before going to back to yesterdays thread in case Connie checks it before her tests

We are all sending you good thoughts that it goes very fast

Hey hmm I wonder if you'd be allowed to talk if so you could call me I could chat easily for an hour

I know there is something I have to do today but for the life of me I can't remember
I do remember someone asking will you be around on Thursday

Hopefully I will remember lol I guess the 85 kids yesterday drained my brain more than I thought.

Exercise today I think will be digging up the back garden around the bird feeders I want to put pavers down because I am tired of pulling the sprouted birdseed plants

What are you all doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 06:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Did a good 4 miles this a.m. Tried doing intervals, but my left hip said, "Oh, no, you don't."

Gotta run...off to finish helping hubby clean the house...the folks are coming on Sat. This afternoon, he has an appt. with the VA, then he's taking me to the Chinese restaurant that he didn't take me to the other night.

Connie, let us know when you get back.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:07 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
No, no talking, no moving. They will put a coil around my head for the brain scan of it, it's 2 1/4 hours in the 'tube' like that, only time off is when they pull me out to inject the contrast. But all they do is slide me out then I go back in. I looked at a bunch of different tapes to listen to, something to keep my mind busy.

I'll check in when I get back, if they haven't carted me off to the loony bin.

Did I miss something, whose 'folks' are coming in on saturday? Folks as in parents or what?

Karla, that is going to be hard to read 12 books by December. How old are these kids, as in, what kinds of books do they/can they read to get credit? Like Go dog, Go? or like Huckleberry Finn?

Old 09-06-2012, 12:09 PM

Oh, you didn't miss anything. DH has been working on a guy's house and they've been away but are returning on Saturday.

That's the best thing - keep your mind off it.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:58 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Okay! That was interesting. It wasnt a coil around my head, it was more like a cage that my head went in and closed over it. Then the neck part, a bar sort of thing went across like by my chin. Different things on the bench for each, but that might have been to get me 'situated' right.

Lots of binging and banging and brrrrrrrrrrrrrrt brrrrrt brrrrrrrrt etc. It was open, though, so it wasn't bad. She had some music there, classical, and headphones.

Anyway, Billy picked me up, we stopped for ice cream and I am home. Oh and she burned a disc for me to take to the doctor but said be sure to get it back, because it is MINE! Maybe I'll check it out later, see what it is!

Old 09-06-2012, 03:59 PM

Glad that's over for you, Connie. The noises those things make can drive you nuts! And ice cream with Capt. Billy...what more can a girl want!

Old 09-06-2012, 04:21 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Glad to see that you are home Connie.

Hi ALL!

Old 09-07-2012, 04:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Connie they are 3rd grade. I have seen some of the books they look like fun reading.

I am glad you survived and what a nice mom & son date after surprise.
I always wanted to look at the disk they give you after the test but never did When will you get the results?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals