U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:24 AM

17,833 posts, read 32,004,600 times

Advertisements

The baby !!! They are flying back from Phila & I am meeting them at the airport this morning so I can see him & get my cookies lol

There is also this very cool very loud musical plush I saw in the airport store last time so I am picking up one for him

lol it should be very entertaining for my sister as she makes the 2 hour drive to take him home

This afternoon will be yard work for my exercise so I can get the yard waste out for tomorrow pickup

What are you all up to today ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,942,904 times
Morning!

I'm back from my fall walk this morning. It is beautiful outside, no fog just cooler temperatures. Fall is my favorite season!

I'm finishing up laundry, and thinking that maybe I should do the living room drapes also, but we will see on that.

I also have budget work to do while doing the banking, should be interesting.

Ummmmm as a Grandma Karla, I gotta tell you, the noise making toys are to torture the parents, not the grandma! Lol, I'm sure that your sister will not mind, anything our grandkids do is "wonderful music".

Have a good one all!

Oh Lisa in case you read this.........I had someone dig up an old post I placed, it was about flipping homes and how my BIL does it for a living. Well I told the person to read some of your posts and if they had questions to ask you. My BIL is kinda shady with what they do, they sell their "knowledge". Not good for someone looking for honest answers.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:13 AM

Oh I gotta share. Today's is Natalie's first day of preschool and I just got off the phone from her, she is excited! K's pregnant hormones are sending her into an emotional fit, thank goodness her hubby is going with her to drop of Nat. Nat promised she would call me when she got home Ahhhhh they grow so quickly.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:34 AM

12,983 posts, read 13,963,390 times
Just got back from MRI number 2. Fun, as usual. She made me a disc w/this one and the previous ones, too. I looked at part of the other ones last night w/Billy. Weird stuff, that's for sure! Tomorrow is the nerulogist appt. Should be interesting and hopefully enlightening.

Karla, have fun--I am sure your sister will appreciate a loud music toy for her baby. *ahem* Getting him a drum set for Christmas?? It wasn't til I became a parent that I understood about things like that or things like giving someone a toy called the slime pit that makes actual SLIME!!! Evidently that is hard to get out of the carpet and stuff. Ooopsy.

Yesterday we went to the Greek festival downtown, but we got there too late---all the pastries were packed up, we didn't get any! But I did have a gyro and it was delicious, so we got another one to bring home.

MH is somewhere east of here on the boat. Said it was windy and raining last night. He better not turn around and come back home!!!

Old 09-10-2012, 03:30 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,512,368 times
Hey, Connie,...could he please pick mine up while he's at it?? THanks. I hope you get some good news tomorrow.

Well, I was all set to walk and do weights this a.m. DH asked if I could take the car in to get an oil change. Sure! So, I found out they open at 7 and I was on my way to the dealer at 6:45. Got there at 7:15. Long story short, at 9:15, they called me into the office and said the car needed a whole bunch of work. I agreed to the oil change, tire rotation and balance, and replacing the brake light. They wanted another $1100 of stuff done, NOT INCLUDING 2 new tires. Uh, yeh. I got Len on the phone and I know she heard him from across the desk. It wasn't pretty. And it took them another hour and 1/4 to do the stuff I agreed to.

I did a bunch of other things, too, and got home at 1. There is a turkey in the oven, all stuff, ready for me to baste one or two more times and serve for dinner. Yummmmmmm..... Got a 13 lb'er, so c'mon down, everybody!

Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 PM

I thought you just got new tires last year Pattie! I hate, hate, hate it when people take advantage of someone bringing in their cars. Oh, btw it would not hurt to make a complaint on that stunt..........might get you some money back.

Add another good wish from me Connie.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:07 PM

Oh, they only did the oil change, tire rotation and balance and the new light. THe $1100 did not and will not happen.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:15 PM

I had one of those quick oil change places do that to me once, told me I needed all sorts of extra things done. I'm sorry to say I believed them and what should have been a 15.99 oil change cost me much more. Sigh, I do hate car stuff.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 32,004,600 times
Morning ladies
You know many times I have heard that when women go in the "problems" with cars show up.
Hubby makes sure his mom calls if they try and "sell" her lots of repairs
It is especially true at those 15 min places.
My sister's oil changes run her close to $300 because she drives a mercades

Connie do you and Billy have any fun plans while your hubby is out on the boat you could always come down to visit us

It was so fun seeing the baby even though it was only for a few minutes I found him this cute bouncy toy that sings "if your happy & you know it clap your hands"

I did learn do not run in the airport in heels my foot went over and its a good thing I caught myself or I could of broken my ankle

I ended up spending the afternoon on the phone interest rates have dropped so low we are going to refiance the house I can save 3 % !!!
Our C.U. quote me 2.5% on 15 years. it will save us over $400 a month if I continue to pay what were paying now I can cut that to maybe 11 years

I am suppose to get a call today from them to start the process

Old 09-11-2012, 07:02 AM

Smart move, Karla.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals