Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 04:41 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

There is nothing on my "have to get done to do list" for today

I may actually take the day off

I would like to run to the mall and just wander I do want to exchange some candles I got

But I may have a hang around with a good book day

Anyone else want to do the same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 08:02 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Sounds good to me, Karla!

But I already started puttering.

First, I went to the coffee social. Our table usually consists of 3 couples, and my neighbor Chris and me. One couple (LOL..the wife is Nosy Neighbor's cousin - remember Nosy Neighbor?) is a bit cranky on occasion, but today all they did was b**ch, b**ch, b**ch. The wife has gotten forgetful and she asks the same things over and over again. Today, they bought tickets for a dinner. Well, the tickets were numbered and she had kittens because her and her husband's numbers weren't consecutive. We spent about 10 minutes on that. A little later, she asked me how our neighbor was doing (the one whose son is in jail) and I said she's fine, but her 58-year-old son had a major stroke and almost didn't make it. Well, the husband thought I was talking about the jailbird son and started with "he shoulda died, he's nuthin' but a piece of s**t...." I tried explaining that it was a different son, but he can't hear and he just kept ranting about it. Then the "meeting" part of the social started where the different organizations each get up and tell us what's going on in the community. After that, there's a 50/50 drawing and a bigger drawing where you have to be there if they pull your name. As the MC was calling the next to the last speaker, the husband hollered, "50/50!" and the wife started in on it, too. So the speaker said his piece, then she called up the last speaker and the husband cursed out loud and the wife started with "oh, come on!" I tell ya, I think I'm joining another table if they're going to keep this up.

Whew! Thanks...I needed to vent that.

So I had some pent up energy when I got home and started cleaning the fountain which sat all thru the rainy season, manufacturing algae. I sucked out all the green/brown water, hosed it off a couple of times, pulled out the hose and made sure it wasn't clogged. Then I poured in a bunch of bleach and some more water and have it running. I'll give it about an hour and see how it looks, whether I need to scrub it or not.

I may go over to bring some shirts to Marty that are way too big for me. I'm not sure. It depends on how I feel when I'm done with the fountain.

OK, gang...that's my day. I hope you enjoy yours.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:43 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
today I did a short ~ 12 minute upper body workout, pathetic but better than nothing. Got my plants uncovered and still have to get the ones out of the garage, so that will be my 'walking workout' back and forth however many times it takes.

Time to try to eat something.

Karla, I believe your husband could make a lot of money if he were to sell his work. To me, it's like a work of art, something to treasure. He makes such beautiful things.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:54 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Afternoon all!

Add me to the list about Dana selling his works of art! He is a master at that!

Rain, rain, and more rain up here. We were going to take Natalie and Austin to the Rockford Harvest Fest (they are trick or treating this afternoon at all the local downtown businesses), but Kim made the executive decision to stay home. It is cold (as in winter coat cold), and even when it is not raining it is damp and icky.

Made a big pot of chili and some chocolate peanut butter brownies this morning. Now watching The Walking Dead marathon on AMC. Good day to sit back and enjoy some horror

Old 10-14-2012, 04:41 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Morning ladies

Pattie they need to add a few shots to your coffee at the coffee social
Yeah if they keep that up I too would find another table

Connie I am hoping we have a winter where I will need to cover my plants we had a really bad weed & bug summer because we didn't get a freeze last year

Sandy lol can I borrow your winter coat for our trip next week With the low of 30 I will need it

Hubby ended up painting the familyroom I got sent to HD for painter tape and stopped at my girls day friends garage sale up the street I picked up a $110 handbag she had marked for $10 and a really nice picture frame for 75cents

3 walls are done there is just the TV wall and computer wall to do. the computer wall is going to be all about timing because he is going to have to dismantle the desk and the computers
Not sure if he is going to do it today or wait til we get back I can't be with out the computer during the week

I "supervised" and read
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals