Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 04:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,145,906 times

Advertisements

lol and I am making sure to have everything caught up today

I have school this morning I think the kids have to have the posters for the fair done today

I have some more paperwork to finish
I want to get on the treadmill today it will not be as much fun as walking to calif but maybe I can find a travel show that gives me scenery to watch

I think I am going bed shopping The mattress at the Hotel was firmer than ours and I didn't wake up each morning sore so I have a feeling ours may be too soft

I also think I want to go king size this time I liked having the extra room

I am waiting for the wells guy to call and let me know when he is stopping by I haven't been able to turn on the irrigation and we have had no rain so I may be setting up the hose sprinkler

Pattie I read something about a fancy new hair color did I miss the picture ?

Has anyone heard from Lisa ?

ok well I better get some work done before school

What are you all doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 05:23 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,229,486 times
Morning, just stopping in to say hello and welcome home Karla I got a kick out of some of your pictures New mattress? Didn't you just get one last year? Oh well, a good nights sleep is worth the hassle. See ya.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,281,228 times
I understand, Karla. I need a firm mattress, too.

Yeh, I dyed my hair turquoise. The pictures are on the Good thing happened thread. I'll come back w/ the spot they showed up on.

OK, busy day. Did not walk. Did 3 loads of laundry, 2 are hanging in the garage. That was done by 8 a.m. Started making a cheesecake for a friend's b'day. The graham cracker crust was all done by the time Diana showed up at 8, also. Did an hour of torture with her - mostly abs and butt stuff. After she left, I made the filling for the cake and put that in the oven. While that was baking, I showered, then "fluffed" up 12 fake Christmas wreaths for the beautification committee. Then I printed the tickets for the next Entertainment committee, delivered them and the wreaths after I got the cake out of the oven. I must say, it looks and smells wonderful. I sure hope it tastes as good as it looks.

I realized that, in the 4 weeks before i leave, I have a ton of stuff I have to do, including decorating the house for Christmas. I always decorate the weekend of T'giving, but since I'll be up north, I'll have to do it sooner. Plus all the other stuff I have to do...I think it was easier when I was working!

Lisa's been around, but not exercising much. She's been hanging out on Community Chat.

OK, gotta run, pay bills.

CYL.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:00 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,547,161 times
Personally, I don't think a firmer mattress is the answer to not waking up sore. It probably puts more pressure on your joints, instead of absorbing your body's weight. What about a waterbed?! There are different kinds now than back in the surfer-wave days of old.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:07 PM

THe waterbed gave me awful backaches. I had a lovely firmer mattress between husbands that was perfect. They have enough give that they don't bother your joints. The mattress we now have is ok, but I still get occasional pains.

Karla, go to post #5693 on that thread.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:33 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,547,161 times
There are different kinds of waterbeds nowl There are hydraulic ones with coils that fill when you lie down on them and there are some with layers of fiber in them.

My problem is that I can only lie on one side, just a certain way, without it hurting my jaw on the opposite side, and if I roll over and am on that side (which I do during the night, unfortunately) it hurts so badly it's riduculous. Plus with the degeneration in my upper neck, I try to keep it level, oh blah blah, whatever. It sucks. The End.

ETA I did a short workout called pilates fusion that I found on the BeFit site, pretty hard, she has you do push-ups with holding it in the middle and pulsing, that's a new one on me! There are some moves in that, that I am sure are going to be coming back to haunt me tomorrow. I am so out of shape and weak now, it's pathetic. But, I am going to look for more of this gal's workouts because she looks tough!

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 10-24-2012 at 01:44 PM..

Old 10-24-2012, 05:52 PM

Evening all! I'm popping in to let you all know our good news, Bob got a full time job! Just in time as his contract is over on the 9th of Nov! Happy campers over here now.

UMMM about exercise, non for me today.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:29 PM

Well, Sandy, I would guess that all that jumping up and down from excitement qualifies as exercise. Congratulations to the hubster. He deserves it.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:17 AM

Lol, you could be right Pattie Got sick from the UTI meds my doctor gave me, need to call and get something else, oh joy!

Old 10-25-2012, 05:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,145,906 times
Morning ladies
Woo hoo Sandy Congrats to Bob !!!!! that is such wonderful news
Is is the same distance as the contract job?

Pattie I love the hair !! Turquoise is your color but I also read it was only temporary hey that way you can try all different colors !!!

Connie I remember water beds A friend of mine got one of the new ones where each side is a separate channel
The sleep comfort ones are the same way each side can adjust
I had considered one of those however I sometime end up in the middle and I have heard the middle isnt comfortable because of the chamber edges

Here is a tip I used to keep me from rolling onto my shoulder after surgery
Put a pillow behind you and it will stop you from rolling over you can also go get a wedge style pillow that will do the same thing

Sandy your correct on the mattress Since it wasn't so long ago that I did this maybe 2 years I learned a lot and this time I am a "informed" shopper. I also noticed dips have started forming in our pillow top
Ours will go to the guestroom because that one is 11 years old and was a really cheap one

The kids at school were in rare form lol they wore me out but we finally got the posters done for the fair
A few of them are very good and I think they may have a chance at winning

Got a bunch of stuff done yesterday finally the trip laundry is done
I am just about caught up
Did I mention CD is coming in tomorrow night
I can't wait to see him he's pickup the new truck on Saturday then we have a surprise B-day party for a friend plus he is bringing his GF so he doesn't have to make the drive back alone
Cant wait to meet her too We have spoken on the phone and I have seen her on the cameras at the store
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals