Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 04:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Our football game is blacked out because not enough tickets were sold
So I think I am going to work on the yard. After all the rain we had I have tons of weeding and pruning to do not to mention a date with the bleach and my screenroom floor again lol blame it on the rain

Now that the evenings have gotten cooler we will start to spend some time out there.

This will give me a good upper body workout

Evey we are so glad you have come out from under the boxes
how does shadow like the new house ?

So what are your plans for the day ?

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 06:52 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Good morning. Think I'll take a bike ride this morning. Got some chores to do first. It's beautiful out there - 70 degrees, low humidity. We went out on the porch for coffee again this morning. Sat there and read the Sunday paper. Heaven.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:21 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,752 times
I did some packing and cleaning and cooking today. I'm glad our vacation finally arrived. Tomorrow morning hubby, DS and me will start our mini-vacation. It's not far away where we go and we'll only stay for 4-5 days. But I'm glad we'll get out anyway. The weather is supposed to stay fine for the coming week so we can take lots of walks and do some things.

My only exercise planned for today is a walk I'll take with a friend and DS.

See you all next weekend!
Take care!
Diana

Old 10-14-2007, 07:30 AM

Enjoy your vacation, Diana. Sounds like fun. Even a few days is good to get away.

Just got back from 20 min. bike ride. Found a new route around the community and didn't get lost once! DH always asks me where I'm going, but I can't tell him, because I go where my bike takes me!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:13 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

Karla, Shadow is just loving having "her own" house again. Dogs are not allowed on the furniture at Grandma's house, and Shadow is nothing if not a couch potato. This house is also a welcome relief for my cat who is very much a people person and got chased out of the living room every time she stepped into it by the cat who "owned" the house. We are on a triple lot on a quiet street. Lots of squirrels to chase.

We have gone on a long walk this morning to explore. Shadow & her daddy are now stretched out on the couch together watching a movie.

Oh, someone had asked about my new Tempur Peidic mattress that I got. It is incredible. I can't sleep if the mattress is too soft, so I got the high density bed. They come in at least a couple of different densities to give different levels of firmness. I highly recommend this bed. The problem with a memory foam pad over your existing bed is that it will likely be too soft, and too tall for your sheets. I have tried a bunch of different foam pads over the years and never did find one that was comfortable.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:08 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,101,365 times
Chloe and I had our nice morning walk today.... It looks like it is going to rain? Anyways, Have a great day everyone!

Old 10-14-2007, 11:47 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Well, shoot I just hit the spacebar and it applied my rep points before I signed my name and it also jumped the page down when I hit it again-is this a new phenomenon or am I just reallllly slow-well, okay, I am, but is this the way it's always been? Going to try and sneak a few exercises in today-there is another testosterone outbreak in my yard/driveway/garage again today. whoopeee...
Got in a few exercises after all! Mainly for my arms/shoulders and the ever popular side-bendy waist one!

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 10-14-2007 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: had time to add on!

Old 10-14-2007, 02:18 PM

Lucky you, fuzzy. Send some of that testosterone this way, will you?

Thanks for the note about the rep points - I'd have been wondering all day who did it! I keep trying to give them out, too, but I mainly visit this thread and the computer insists I spread the love before I can hand out more! Darned thing! And, BTW, your flower pot looks nice!

OK, Roast chicken, pasta salad, spaghetti squash and BJ's frosted cookies for dinner. We're having cocktails now, so you'd best hurry or we'll eat without you all!

Take care.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:22 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
ok I am confused lol
can someone explain the space bar rep thing

I hit my space bar and it just took me to the end of the thread

ok mowed,edged & ww'd
dug up a couple plants and took them over and planted them in the school garden.
entertained the neighborhood once again by vacuuming up the edges after I edged
and if that wasn't enough entertainment I then decided to adjust about 4 sprinkler heads
one of these days I wil learn to do this without it becoming a wet t-shirt contest.

evey I went and got one of those memory foam mattress toppers oooo it is so nice
the sheets fit because I always get the extra deep ones.

if this holds up to the dogs constant laying on it during the day we will look at getting the "real one"
I kinda like the softness do they have that in the real ones ?

diana have a great vacation

nms I am on my way save some for me !!

Old 10-14-2007, 07:46 PM

448 posts, read 1,049,981 times
Funny! I went shopping today and bought new deep pocket sheets for my memory foam bed. I must have been subconsciously infuenced by the forum. I lost a set and have been using some cheap walmart sheets that keep popping off on the corners. How do you lose a set of sheets? I am suspicious they were in a laundry stack that got "stashed" quick when company came over. I will probably find them in the back of the kitchen pantry or someplace stupid like that.
Doncha love a new bed?
Rainy and cold here. The gym is only open 1-4 on Sundays so Power walking in the mall was it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals