U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 06:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,912,912 times

Advertisements

I am not sure what time your surgery is but know we have good thoughts going

Maybe Billy can get on and let us know all is ok.

Pattie I am so sorry to hear that Marge isn't doing well sending good thoughts to Her & Fred.

Heading down for my follow up with the pain doc for my neck I think the PT has helped so I wil see if we can continue that. I am going to call before I leave to see if he is running behind.
I do not want a repeat of the first visit where I sat in the exam room for over an hour

I think there is more rain expected for today
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 09:14 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,443,324 times
Good morning.

Marge is still hanging in there and Fred's still hanging onto hope, even tho they've told him she'll not make it thru this, that she has too much wrong with her.

Connie, good thoughts coming from here, too.

My exercise today was 2-1/2 hours of weeding at Fred's house. I need to go back another day and do about an hour or two more, but the rain started getting heavier and I didn't feel like taking my shower outside this a.m.

Good luck w/ the doctor today, too, Karla.

Hi, Sandy!

Old 06-04-2013, 03:44 PM

5,453 posts, read 7,915,057 times
Hi all.

Just stopping in to see if Connie checked in, guess not. See you later.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:52 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,912,757 times
Sorry for being so late here. It went okay. They did a triple endoscopy and took the growth off my tongue. They gave me a general, and one minute we were talking about country music (because there was some playing in the background--good thing they knocked me out), and the next minute I was in recovery. Had some back pain so they wheeled me down for a chest x-ray, which was okay, thank God.

Came home and slept like a rock for a few hours. The thing on my tongue was different than he thought, he couldn't just snip off the base, it was bigger so he had to cut more. And...at one point, right before surgery in the million Q&A's I was doing, I asked about being on voice rest. The nurse didn't know, so he went and got the doctor, and I am NOT on voice rest! I am so glad I asked but am also glad the Super Bowl isn't on or anything!!

Thanks for the good thoughts.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:02 PM

5,453 posts, read 7,915,057 times
Glad to hear you are okay Connie. I was waiting to hear

Old 06-04-2013, 10:07 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,912,757 times
So far, so good! Thanks.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:07 AM

Morning all
Connie glad to hear it all went well and I know your happy not to be on "voice rest"
Are you having pain ?

The PD visit was "interesting" when I got there the for my 9:30 apt waiting room was packed uh oh So I asked the older couple next to me what time their apt was 9:00. So then the fun began they said they always have a wait. So of course we had to discuss it. then this one lady was called back then she returned then was called back and returned so of course we had to ask . She said they were calling people back to get vitals then sending them back to wait until there was an exam room available. Of course by now the "instigators" we were there were 3 more people involved in our "How long will this be" lol when someone got called back we would say "see you soon" and then "we missed you" when they returned minutes later. Yup if the staff knew in the back how they were being "discussed" we would all probably still be there waiting.
I didn't see the DR I saw the NP. This was actually a good thing. She took her time answered my questions.
Sine ti seems that the PT is working they are continuing it. They also ok'd trying the medical laser so going to try it at PT today

Old 06-05-2013, 06:28 AM

Now the wait to hear the results, Connie. Glad you're not on voice rest. Good thoughts continue.

Karla, what's the laser supposed to do for you?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:02 AM

Pattie it is pretty interesting. It is a deep treatment using a laser(kinda like the ultrasound treatments) that goes in to help reduce inflammation and promote healing. It felt pretty good and I notice some improvement

Old 06-06-2013, 11:49 AM

Cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals