Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 05:56 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning Happy Tuesday
I am changing the title to help keep it more in line with what we post.

I am going to work on some of the strengthening exercises for my neck. The NP (who rocks btw) was explaining to me about the bone spurs and stuff the exercises will help keep up the strength. She also said that it isn't until I have severe muscle weakness before they go the next step when thy go in and "clean up" the spurs and the narrowing.
I am considering looking into getting an injection in the area. Who she explained it is they basically "bathe" the area with cortisone. This will reduce the inflammation which is causing the pain.

for the "stuff" today I have payroll

Also today would of been my Mom's 83rd B-day

Oh I am starting the "stop the effects from stopping smoking meds" today
I got the ok that there wont be any interaction to the meds the PM doc has me on.
We are hoping that it will help with the "edge" I seem to be on.

Hubby seems to be doing well with them so lets see

What are you all doing today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 06:29 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Good morning

So far today I have done steps, lol I did them twice already! But the work is piled up so that will probably be all that I accomplish on this work day.

Have a good one!

Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
What neck strengthening exercises do you do, Karla? I had to stop going to the chiropractor because the radiation is going to burn the living daylights out of my neck, plus I can't imagine getting 'cracked' on top of everything else.

Thanks, and you're right now that I think about it. Increase weight, decrease reps. I do need to work up my stamina, too, but I will have a hard time with that because I'll be burning off calories that I need.

Felix, why don't you just leave, and shut the front door on your way out.

Have a great day, all. I'll be back to report my workout.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:07 AM

Connie

I have a series of stretches that should help it is a good upper body work out that others may want to try (like the side bendys that work so well)

Sit on a chair
Hold the seat bottom with your right hand and use your left hand to gently stretch your head to the right hold for 10 secs repeat 10 to 15 times
then do the reverse stretching the other way.
the next level is putting your hand behind you on the chair behind your left side (instead of holding the bottom) turn your head to the left and use your right hand to gently stretch same hold time and reps.

I will try and scan the band work out to build up the area for you all

Old 06-25-2013, 11:08 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Man, I wish I had the time to follow folks around judging thenm.

Still in NY, but have a plan to get back into my program once I return. I'll have to start out a bit more slowly thanwhen I ended - 1 - 1.5 miles instead of 2-3, but I'm sure it won't take long to get back to my speed and endurance. Since I've kept up with the strength training a bit, I don't think it'll be as much of an effort to get back to twice weekly on my own in addition to my weekly program with my trainer.

Yes, connie, Karla's right about more protein. It'll help, I mentioned my BIL going thru a very similar program and they did the same thing, My sister said that his exercise and beefed up food intake made a big difference in his recovery. He's been cancer free for 14 years now, which is way beyond their prognosis.

I ordered lifeline for mom today. it'll be billed to me directly and makes me feel good that I am finally doing something for her, even from 1700 miles away, plus it'll give sis and BIL some relief and less worry. Me, too. She didn't want me to do it, but I didn't give her a choice.

Take care, all.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:57 PM

Okay, so I am back to report my workout.

Did a short Be Fit workout with cardio and fun stuff like burpee broadjumps, push-ups and stuff, then I did some Arnold presses and finished with 3 rounds @ 6 ea. of Bulgarian split squats.

Now, I have to find something to eat.

NN corralled poor Billy while he was mowing, asked him to help her clean her eavetroughs. She cannot have a conversation with anyone without trying to get something out of them. It is sickening, and I have had just about enough. If he is too nice to say something, well....we all know that I am not, and his father is most certainly not.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:46 PM

607 posts, read 1,393,127 times
I mowed my grass today; that's my exercise for the day. No actually I'll do my real exercising (jogging) this evening when it starts to cool down some. It's been around 90 around here the last few days, with the humidity making it feel more like 100, so my daily workouts just have to wait until evenings.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:18 PM

Hi football 45013 welcome

lol actually a lot of folks don't realize that you get a good workout while mowing. It takes me 45 mins to mow so thats 45 mins of walking and depending on how many turns you make it works your upper body too.

Its been so humid here too what part of the country are in.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:03 PM

607 posts, read 1,393,127 times
Oh believe me, I know it's a workout because it looked like I had been swimming after I was done lol. Mine takes about 45 minutes to mow also. I live in southwest Ohio.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:54 PM

Welcome football45013! I am in Northwest Ohio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals