Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 05:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,032,085 times

Advertisements

rofl I don't know why that song came into my head, but since it did I figured it needs to be in yours

good morning everyone

It's a brisk 45 degrees here in sunny florida with an expected high of 70
plans for the day will be hubby is going to finish the pergola I am going to do laundry i may even break out the sewing machine ok stop laughing I have a slight domestic side
we have to go to his other bosses house (not the sick one) this afternoon for a party who has parties that start at 3:30 right in the middle of the day lol

what are you doing today

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 06:59 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,164,499 times
Morning!

It is a little warmer in my part of Florida. We are heading to the dog beach today. I am hoping to get some of the wild out of my dog. She just "slapped" my husband in the middle of his back, he is bleeding through his shirt. Wild dog needs to go run & run & run......

Old 11-10-2007, 07:12 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,203,528 times
OMG, poor hubby! Bad Shadow!

Karla, I can see you bending over the sewing machine now. Wait! Is that a Bloody Mary I see next to it??? LOL

Anyway, housework today. I have one load of laundry in now, got another one to go. Gotta do some dishes, get the chisel out and clean the bathrooms, and vacuum the bedroom and lanai. Not a heck of a lot to do, but it sure beats having to do it all in one day like I had to before we retired.

At 4, we're headed over to our friends' house for cocktails and a BBQ. Actually, I guess it's a cookout, not a BBQ, but that's what we call a cookout up north.

I have to tell you....the community here puts on shows every so often, and we went to one last night that was wonderful! Two comedians, and they were hysterical! I laughed so hard, my head hurt. Hubby enjoyed it, too. But for $10 each, BYOB, it was great. Plus, we didn't have to go into town. We were actually out until 9:30 last night! Wow!

Enjoy the weekend, everybody.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:50 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,637,251 times
I just realized something here... Eveyone here (besides me, who, only by looking through the window, most certainly is not anywhere near the southern latitudes...) is from Florida!

I've just got some questions... What is BBQ really, besides from grilled food? What's cookout? Food cooked outdoors?

It's still snowy here, and EXTREMLY slippery - and beautiful. It took me almost two hours (instead of just the normal one) to walk to Ödestugu and back (I had to walk really slowly, plus I had to take about... 200 new pictures to add to my already crammed photoalbum). Ok, I made a stop at the pond too, finally, so it really "only" took me about 1 2/3 hours. But, never the less...
Something that is very interesting to notice when winter approaches is how much one has forgotten about the "nomal winter attitudes": I had forgotten how slippery snow really is when walking, especially when wearing high heels; how slowly cars drive by, and how quiet it is; the feelings of either "yes, there's snow on the ground!" or "oh, I wonder when it's going to go away..."
One question that always shows up every winter is: why does most winter shoes/boots for women have high heels? I mean, it's slippery with all the snow- add high heels to it, and you're destined to walk no more than an inch/hour. Not to mention the flat bottom sides- just as slippery on their own as ice. (I believe it it either 1.) guys who design the schoes, and wants women to become "helpless" when the snow falls, or 2.) people want to have something classy to wear, since they have to wear these bulky clothes, but still want to have something more... feminine. Maybe it's both, who knows...)

Ok, I'll leave you guys now. My amateur philosophy needs to be taken off the Internet. Plus I have work to do. Sort of...
I know I'm going out of line here, and that it is Saturday and not "ice-cream Friday", but... can we decide today is "ice-cream day"? Or do I have to mutiny?

Old 11-10-2007, 08:24 AM

448 posts, read 1,047,332 times
Well Sweden...I'm not from FL....I'm in Minnesota so Valkommen ! Or is it Velkommen? I can never remember the Swedish vs Norwegian. But there are plenty of them around here. Scandinavians in general...
We had a trace of snow yesterday. So we can talk snow while everyone else talks about the nippy 50 degree weather...They are right though, 50 degrees does seem colder down south than it does here. At 50 degrees my kids go to school in a tshirt and it doesn't occur to me to feel like a bad mom.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:45 AM

Hi again, Sweden.

Until 4 months ago, I lived in Northern New York, on the Canadian and Vermont borders, so I've had my share of snow, sleet and ice, believe me!

The way I look at it, BBQ or Barbecue or Bar-B-Q is meat cooked over coals with either a special spice sauce or dry rub (dry spices rubbed on the meat) while a cookout is just that - food cooked outside. Now, I may be wrong, but that's my understanding. Where I'm from, BBQ and cookout are the same, but some people are very picky about the differences. Either way, it's good food and good fun. Come join us??? You can bring Rance, too.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:00 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,490,776 times
Did somebody say snow? Did somebody say ice cream??? I have no problem with this being an ice cream day, Sweden, of course, I never have a problem with any day being an ice cream day. I'm with you on the boots too. Nothing more embarrassing than falling on the ice, well, except for almost falling on the ice, flailing your arms around freakishly while your feet scrabble for purchase-yeah, that's one of my personal favorites!!! Oh, anyway, I worked out some, not a bunch. Might go rake-seems like I say that every day...now, if it snowed...

Old 11-10-2007, 12:11 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,032,085 times
nms
I have been to some of the shows where my hubbys aunts and uncles live (over 55community) and I have laughed till I cried so much fun

sweden come to fla and we will take you to bbq

Old 11-10-2007, 02:12 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,682,950 times
Hello everyone!

Old 11-10-2007, 05:55 PM

Well, Rance, how've you been??? Haven't seen you around for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals