Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2014, 11:13 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times

Advertisements

Happy New Year to my exercise buddies!

We have already taken a two mile walk this morning. It is beautiful here today, sunshine and in the 40's right now. I'll take it Lol, I had to carry Gracie for a mile, she sat down and was not moving.

I've been getting my stuff taken care of for the move in, I only have to call cable and the electric service. I hope to have everything done by Monday. Bob has to call cable, that bill is in his name.

We will be off to the Electronic Express this morning. I found a notebook on sale for a great price, I hate to part with the money but this desktop is slowing down more and more everyday. After getting that I may look into having someone refurnish this desktop for Bob. He usually just plays games and gets in touch with family/friends so even if it is slower than a new computer he will still have what he needs.

Thats it. Oh we stayed home (of course) and were in bed by 10:30 so no ringing in the new year here. I did enjoy a few glasses of wine, but they just helped me get sleepy!

So Happy New Year and welcome to 2014! May all of you be blessed this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 04:03 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
I waited till today for the wine, Sandy.

Happy new Year to you and yours, dear lady. It's about time you had a good year. Something tells me this is it.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:32 PM

Something tells me we finally made the right move! Hopefully my job holds out until I retire but if not, at least this state respects the "mature worker".

Never made it to the computer store, Redwings were on TV and now someone playing football. That is okay I am in a Walking Dead marathon today

Old 01-01-2014, 10:00 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Hello, exercisers! I'm joining your ranks!

About ten years ago I lost 50 pounds - basically by eating a more natural, less processed diet and by walking three miles a day. I've kept most of that weight off, but about two years ago I tore my achilles tendon and was in a cast and then a boot for 8 months and gained about 15 pounds back.

So - I got out of the habit of walking and my legs, especially the one that was injured, are really a lot weaker. But over the past week, I've walked at least three miles, at a very fast pace, four times! I am going to try to do it every day, but realistically it will probably be 4-5 times a week. I'm also using the myfitnesspal app to track my calories and exercise and I'm really excited about getting back in the healthy habit of walking. My diet hasn't been all that terrible - I actually eat very healthy foods, but when I don't track them, I know I overeat.

I know we lose weight quickly the first week, but I'm excited because this week I've already lost 3 1/2 pounds! So hopefully I can keep this up.

Today was beautiful here in east Texas. I had a hoodie on but by the time I finished the very fast paced walk, I was sweating and wanted out of that thing! Bright, sunshiny day. Great for walking!

Update tomorrow!

Old 01-02-2014, 05:22 AM

Welcome to our group, we are all beginning the new year out much better than we saw out the old year.

I have the traditional 10 lbs to lose and my approach is to eat healthy and begin exercising daily. I was doing good last year and then our company began to work overtime, lots of overtime. My job is sitting at a desk all day so the weight is all in my middle area.

We have a few regular people who come here and report everyday, or whatever day we exercise. We also just come to keep up with each other. We are a good group who encourage.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Happy New Years Ladies !!!!
Welcome Kathryn !! Where in East TX are you ?

Sorry I was MIA the last 2 days
NYE we went to dinner at the Capital Grill the only reservation we could get was 5:30
I guess I ate to much because I dozed off at 8 and woke up at 11:30

Yesterday was pretty quiet went to church with Hubby & MIL (I had no idea it was a holy day) I figure I woudl start off the year on MILs good side plus hubby said "breakfast after"

Connie how did your test go?

Old 01-02-2014, 08:18 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
I live out in the boonies between Longview and Tyler. I love East Texas! The weather in three of the four seasons is great to walk in. In the summer, we have to get out really early to walk so the heat doesn't kill us in our tracks!

Old 01-02-2014, 09:23 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
LOL, Karla. That "breakfast" thing works for you, doesn't it.

Welcome, Kathryn. Karla and I live in Florida, so we hear you on that summer thing.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:55 AM

Yeah Pattie I am so "easy" if you start of finish any request for something I would pretty much not want to do with "we can stop for breakfast" I can be easily swayed

Old 01-03-2014, 06:56 AM

Kathryn
I have never been there but have friends in that area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals