Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2014, 06:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

Whew I can't believe it is Friday already this week flew by

I have some work stuff to lol work on
then woo hoo this afternoon our new family room sofa is being delivered
I stopped by where my sister use to work and they gave me a great deal
I got rid of the one in the formal living room because it was old and no longer matched the new paint scheme
and the one in the familyroom well lets just say I don't like it

This new one is really comfy not to mention the fabric stands up to everything you can even clean stains with bleach and it doesn't remove the color and you would thing that would make the fabric stiff and rough but no it is so nice and soft
plus the frame and springs have a lifetime warranty

lol hubby favorite part is it matches with the paint so no re-painting

exercise room this afternoon

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 09:37 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
Nothing happening here. It's 3 degrees. Kept hearing this sort of thudding on our roof last night, like a random thud every few hours, and I can't imagine what it could be. It isn't anything melting because it was around zero or below. Kind of creepy.

Time to find something to eat. And do.

Happy Friday.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:33 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,809 times
Maybe something (think bird) frozen on your roof? It sounds icky and spooky.

Good morning. It is Saturday and I didn't feel like starting a new thread so I will just post on Fridays thread being as I have been absent this week.

Gracie and I have been out for a mile walk so far today. It snowed this morning and still continues to slowly fall out of the sky. Should be stopping soon and hopefully melt because I have a 12 noon hair appointment. My stylist is coming in from about 5 miles out and north of us so hopefully she will make it safely.

I have been slowly packing this week and will attempt to pack up everything left today besides the kitchen essentials and bathroom essentials. Next Saturday can't come fast enough. We are still having problems with the property manager contacting us (or rather he is not returning calls and NOt scheduling our walk through with him). Bob went to the codes office yesterday with pictures of peoples back patio areas filled with garbage bags. They are sending someone out on Monday to speak with property manager. I'm going to print pictures I have of the mold filled cabinets and submit them the week following our move. Hopefully, someone will make this place become more responsible, hopefully.

Besides packing and hair color nothing else on my weekend schedule. Hope you all are doing well.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:03 PM

It's a good thing I was sitting down as I read your post, Sandy because the shock of your property manager giving you problems almost made me faint...So, you have mold in your cupboards? That place sounds like a real mess.

It's a tropical 15 degrees here. I don't know what those noises could have been. I didn't hear it at all yesterday, and it was about as cold (I thought somehow it might be cold-related, like the house 'settling' kind of thing?). It was creepy. I don't think there are any branches that hang over the house, so I don't think any birds froze and fell off their perches, or any branches fell, but that would make sense. Mh looked but didn't see anything. He didn't go all around the house,though. There is too much snow for that.

Have a good day.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:03 PM

Kinda spooky if it is house related, how much snow is up there? Hopefully not enough to damage anything.

Connie I have pictures we took upon move in that would shock you, THAT is why Bob flipped out the first time we came in here. My hands had holes in them from the heavy duty cleaning agent I used the first week here (after I saw holes/cuts I got gloves). This is like the projects, I kid you not, and our town is so nice and expensive houses right across the street. Oh well, we will be out next week and I am going to have Bob take care of the walk through (now that would be something to have a picture of ).

My sister and I found out on Facebook that our uncle died yesterday. My aunt (his sister) was going to call us today and her SIL posted it for all to find out, I find that very tacky. He was a great man and will be missed.

Gotta go, boxes won't pack themselves

Old 02-08-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
I am going to have Bob take care of the walk through (now that would be something to have a picture of ).
Heck with pictures, how 'bout some video!!!

Old 02-10-2014, 05:35 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times
Morning ladies
Sandy sorry to hear about your Uncle and Your Aunts SIL is the reason the phrase "Do not post this on facebook but ........." has become part of our vocabulary

gosh I wish I lived closer they would learn the true meaning of CD's favorite phrase
" You really don't want karla to have to call"

But just a few more days and hopefully the "Code" people will see the mold and fine the owners and even threaten them with not allowing people to live there

Connie The creepy noise could be the house complaining to "Ma Nature" that enough is enough"
On the bright side, with all this snow there shouldn't be drought conditions this spring and summer, that caused so much devastation to the farmers last year

We had a pretty uneventful weekend
The new furniture came Friday I really like it lol Lola really likes the chair and a half
The throw pillows I bought for the other couch really look nice lol of course I have a mice pile of the "matchy matchy" ones that come with .. Maybe I can recover them

Old 02-10-2014, 12:55 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Eeeuuuuwwww, Sandy. I know you'll be glad to be out of that dump. I'm glad you, hubby and Gracie didn't get sick from it.

Connie, do you think your thuds might have been ice falling off a tree or another level of the house onto the roof??? Or maybe even onto the ground from the eaves. We had a lot of ice storms where I came from and the big thing was icicles falling into the ground. They could make a "nice" big thud.

Karla, it sounds like the whole family's enjoying the redecorating.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:37 PM

Our house is only one level. I don't think there are any branches that hang over our house. It couldn't be icicles, either, because they'd just be falling onto snow--I don't get it. Although I can imagine it making quite a noise when they break off and fall. It seemed to come from different areas on the roof, but my hearing is so screwed up still, that it's hard to say for sure. We did just get a new roof a few years ago, and they replaced a lot of wood underneath, so whatever it was, I don't think it's anything horrible. It was SOOO cold that night, but it wasn't the coldest night we've had.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 02-10-2014 at 02:23 PM..

Old 02-10-2014, 04:37 PM

Lol, Karla I thought "how can I get my Karla on?" It will be fine and we will be out of here in 5 days

Living room sound so nice, you should post pictures. You are right about the SIL, he will post anything on FB!

Pattie, think about it I have been more sick since we closed up the house for the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals