Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 07:37 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies
I am home !!!

and lol exhausted I'm not sure if it was the 15 to 18 hour days or the on my feet for that long
or that I am not 22

It was a very productive trip plus a fun one the t-shirts were a hit and as weird as it may sound it is almost as if now that they all "match" as in uniform wise there is a certain stronger work place proudness

Connie- How was the follow up apt. p.s. You must of had a different bone density test I never had a shot.

Sandy I know you had such a good time with the girls

Pattie Passport !! did I miss a out of the country up coming trip?

Well I am on my last load of laundry from the trip whew or should I say phew spending the day in a F/F restaurant the smell of frying sticks to everything

Time to write checks

What are you all up to

I missed you guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 10:45 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Welcome back, Karla. You might get that FF smell out of your clothes, but you'll never get it out of your nose (or brain). All I have to do is think back to my days of working at Mr Hero's and ugh, that smell clinging to my chic orange-plaid-polyester uniform comes back full force.

I have had a terrible cold this week. Started over the weekend, got through Monday not too bad considering the long day of tests, etc, but Tuesday I was so sore from coughing and the feeding tube site, every time i sneezed oh God it hurt so much. By the time I went in yesterday, I looked a wreck. Poor red nose and under my nose, coughing, what a sicko. No exercise; I'm having a hard enough time breathing!

SO, it turns out that the reason for the shot for the bone scan was that it was not a bone density scan, like I thought, but was a bone scan for cancer. They even gave me a card to keep in my wallet for a few days in case I went to an airport or something, because I would be emitting radiation that I guess a sensor could detect --although I don't know details about that because it wasn't really relevant to me.

The f/u yesterday, he said the same thing. Wait another 6 weeks and do another scan OR I can start, but he wants me to get stronger. I told him the exercise routine that I was doing and he said that sounded really good--because he initially told me about a program they have there. I might not be any kind of fitness expert, but over the last several years, I have done TONS of different workouts and have learned from them.

He said there are 2 diff. types of chemo options [something like that] one is erbitux, the other is taxol and carboplatin. The erbitux gives you an "acne-like rash" on the face, neck, chest and shoulders/back area. But they give you a cream for it....yeah. He said I could live 2 maybe three years. Well, that is NOT several like he said before. Of course, there are no guarantees about any of it. I don't' know what determines what.

That's all for now, like that isn't enough. It was finally nice out yesterday. Came home and opened a couple windows, and let some of the dust out. Not quite as nice today, but it is sunny and around 60. I'll take it. Have a good day, all.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:14 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hi, ladies.

Connie, I've heard of folks being "given" weeks to live and they ended up hanging around for years, with a decent quality of life. May your story be one and the same. And I hope your cold goes away soon, too.

Karla, So happy to hear you had a good time in Texas. I'm sure the shirts made for a more united group. Good for you.

I'm getting the passport card for my trip to NNY to visit mom. The past couple of years, someone will say, "Let's go to Canada for Chinese food." But I couldn't because I had no passport. I could go to Canada, but they might not let me back into the States! So this time, I'll be ready.

The renovations are moving along. I wouldn't say at lightning speed, but at least we're more into renovating now than demolishing. There are now 3 out of 10 of the house windows installed. We have lanai windows, too, but we haven't started installing them yet. Len has finished rewiring the living room area and removed the sliding glass door, which we have decided not to replace, it opened up the area so nicely. the walls for the LR are patched and ready for paint. Next on the list is to paint that half of the ceiling over the LR area, then the walls, then install the floor. After that, we'll move the furniture from the front half of the house (DR and kitchen) and he'll either paint those areas (ceilings too) or move out to the lanai to replace the windows. If he doesn't get the windows done out there, he'll have to wait till after the rainy season, June - November.

I help when and where I can.

I did get to exercise with Diana today and, once again, she beat me up. I'll be sore tomorrow.

Nice to see you two. I hope things are going well with Sandy.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:46 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Wow, Pattie--how does Len know how to do all that stuff? That's an amazing undertaking.

I know what you mean about the passport. We can drive to Detroit, and the bridge is right there to Canada, but now we can't just drive over it if we want to (not that we ever did). Mh went there on at least one of his boating vacations too, before they changed it.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:08 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Hi girls! Happy Friday! It is so nice to see all of you here.

Karla, that grease smell is horrible and so is a restaurant smell, I worked in restaurants back in my younger years and always had to shower when I got home! I'm glad your trip was good. How much chicken did you bring home?

Wow Pattie that is BIG renovation! As in maybe you would be done by the Christmas holidays?

Connie the body is not a tire and no one can put a life span on it. Here is to YEARS of a long life for you. I thought it was a bone scan instead of a density scan, did you get the results of that too? Hugs my friend, I am always here. I'll PM you my number in case you ever just want to talk.

Well Gracie and I started out on a long walk but I looked up and saw dark clouds coming in so we turned around. My guess is we walked 1 mile. We will do it again tomorrow, supposed to be a great weekend.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:59 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Morning ladies

I went and got tide for smelly clothes lol I think it is the sports one. The clothes are good to go the suitcases are still out on the screenroom I have this bag of stones that absorb odors it is called gonzo odor eliminator. this stuff really works
and once it has "soaked" up lots of smells (you can really smell the smells in the stones) you put it out int he sunshine for 8 hours and it "recharges" it

They worked great in the closet where I and storing all the my records took the smoke smell right out.

So I may put the suit cases in a big trash can with one of the packets.
I didn't take my good purse so its ok

If I didn't say it before or if I did I have to repeat it Fast food workers do not get enough respect

Connie as to what the Dr said he doesn't know you or your support group like Sandy said I know folks they told to get their affairs in order and one outlived the Dr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals