Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:46 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Yay santa will be here in 7 days.
It is amazing how calm things are now that the "box o gifts" is ready to ship.
Now the fun begins. I can wander about getting the last few things for hubby.

I asked hubby where he and mil will be shopping so I don't run into them because they said they are shopping for my gifts.
The reply I got was "well if you see us go the other way"

Weell lol I told then "I may just follow you around"

I think they are going to one part of town and I will go to the other.
Ha ha it is 38 degrees and they are going to the outside mall I will be nice and cozy at the inside mall. I figure a couple one ends to the other "strolls" will equal a couple miles

Though I think I will meet them for lunch.

Hubby is on vacation until Jan 2nd so i think he needs to walk with Lola and I each morning

So what are your plans for the day.

I know some of us have been "slacking off" due to "holiday preparations"
but rofl be forewarned soon I will have to borrow tet teas "whittish"
To help get us all back on track
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 05:58 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
Whhtishhhh! ... Here it is

I'm heading out for a nice long walk soon to clear my nugget. It's supposed to snow, so hopefully I'll make it around the neighborhood before it does.

I'm making more cookies today and wrapping my son's pressies. All my Christmas shopping is done so I'm feeling fat and sassie

Have a great day everyone!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:13 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,029 times
Good Morning!
It is 6 degrees here today, but the sun is out and the snow is supposed to hold off until tonight- yeah!
I am off to the gym for a 1/2 hour on the bike and it is legs/abs day... yuck! The green and red M&M's just seem to taste better than the regular ones, otherwise I would be skipping today... motivation is LLLLOOOOOWWWW!
I absolutely have to get my cards in the mail today and Bella out for some slip-sliding on the sidewalks. Right now she is staring out the window at the neighbors trees hoping to see a squirrel so she can run around the house to various windows hoping for a better view.
Baking and shopping sounds like much more fun!!
Have a great and warm day!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:37 AM

238 posts, read 554,340 times
i'm all ready for christmas, i can't wait!!! putting back on some weight and then a definite strict diet in January lol.
I thought it was going to snow here in England but it's not We have frost which is nice to look at but getting out there is absolutley freeeeeeezzzzing!!
Oh and best thing of all i can fit into this lovely black dress with sequins on it for christmas!!!! yeah!!
I would love to thank you all because you have inspired me to continue and not give up. I know i haven't been on here for a while but i still think of you all.
Thank you xxxxx

Old 12-18-2007, 07:08 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Hi, rach. Nice to see you.

I haven't bee at the gym much either, but hey. Jan. 1 is coming soon, right???

Was going to bake yesterday, but we ended up going shopping and to McD's for lunch :0
- they have McRibs!!! But they didn't taste as good as I remember them. And I didn't feel good after eating there, so it'll be another long while before we go back there again.

Wish me luck. I go back for a follow-up mammogram this morning. This has happened to me before, and I kind of expected it, since it's a facility I've never been to before. I have dense tissue issues. Kind of rhymes, doesn't it? Anyway, they want me back, even after looking at the films from my last facility. I'm sure it's nothing. I refuse to worry till they tell me it's time to do so.

After that, I'm meeting several ladies from our cul-de-sac at the community Pub for lunch. It's Millie's b'day, so we're treating her. Should be fun.

Oh! You folks should have been here last night. Our community had the annual golf cart parade where people decorate their golf carts, then drive around the community, honking horns and singing Christmas Carols. I was at the kitchen sink, cleaning up after dinner, when they started coming thru. OMG, it was histerical! You wouldn't believe what imaginations people have. One cart had a fake fireplace on the back end! LOL Really, really neat. All my neighbors were outside, hollering Merry Christmas and waving at all the people going by. It lasted 5-10 minutes. How to get into the spirit! And it was chilly out there last night, too. Not as cold as everybody else up north, but still chilly.

Have a great day. I'll talk with you all soon.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:18 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have toured the neighborhood this morning. Shadow chose to wear her 2 tone Barbie pink jacket. She is so funny. I open the door & she beats feet back to the coat closet & waits. Maybe she is not a stupid as I think....

Husband (Mr. "I grew up in Michigan and never even owned a winter coat") has made a nice fire in the fireplace and is sitting on the hearth with the cat. It would make a lovely picture if he had brushed his hair......

Good luck Pattie and let us know so we don't worry about you.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:03 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
I have been "lurking" on the Daily Exercise journals for a while but never posted. I must say that of all the forums I've been on in CD this seems by far to be the most pleasant and friendly bunch of people Ive seen. But,..........it seems that a discussion of "daily exercise" routines and/or methods of motivation almost never occurs or, is just mentioned briefly then the conversation turns to other "non-daily exercise journal" type stuff.

Its just about 9:00AM here in LA on 12/18/07 and 51 degrees and slightly rainy. My workout this morning consisted of the following:

35 minutes of tai chi/qigong
30 minutes of kung fu
3 3 minute rounds on the heavy bag w/one minute rest between rounds
20 minutes of constant ab work
10 minutes of jumping rope

Then it was off to work and looking forward to lunch when I can eat and do my afternoon workout.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:13 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
While on lunch, if it isnt raining too hard, I'll run for a couple of miles at a fairly high pace (high for me but probably low for any other avid runner), if its raining, I'll go to the gym and do about 30-45 minutes on the elliptical machine.

Later this evening, its 3 hours of kung fu training.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:11 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Well, I'm kind of at a loss for words~~ha! We just don't usually itemize our workouts on here but ok, here goes...did my alphabet workout w/ 3Kg dumbell, 2 sets of 3 ab exercises, wall push-ups, waist/weight/side-bendy things w/5kg dumbell, and 20 min. cardio a couple miscellaneous stretching and butt ones and a Partridge in a pear tree. We do have a cardio kick-boxer on here sometimes, too-she is very cool!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:14 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
NMS ... thinking of you lady! I call them my "boob squish" sessions

I got all my cookies done. Of course I had to taste test a few with my coffee I've packaged them all into little gift bags so I can hand them out to friends and family with their cards.

Going for another walk this afternoon to burn off the cookies. Better be a long one I think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals