Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 05:53 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone,
So if hubby is on vacation does that mean I am on vacation even though you know "technically" I don't work.

The Christmas cards have all been sent
Well the "box o gifts" is on its way
So the pressure is gone lol
I even slept in till 7 am

All that is left is picking up a few things for hubby.
I think I am going to get 2 of those big poinsettia plants as a Christmas present for Chaos's daddy to put by his front door. It will look nice when his mom comes.

rofl I forgot to tell you guys when I stopped there yesterday to drop something off there was a hubbub of activity.
Seems him and his cousin were in the process of replacing the garbage disposal and they were having a problem getting the ring and collar off so they could put the new one in.
"dad" was on the phone trying to find a handyman (yeah good luck with that 6 days before christmas)

lol I told them give me a hammer and a screw driver

I only have one thing to say

"I am the Wo-MAN"

ok back on track

Today will be more mall walking
did you know if you "pick up the pace" and are carrying heavy shopping bags in each hand you get quite the work-out.
Also making trips to the car after each store increases the walking.

So as they say up north
"how 'bout you"
What are you plans for the day ?

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 06:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Taking my neighbor and my friend shopping to pick up last minute stuff for DH.

Karla, I can just see you showing up those big, strong men! Remember that commercial with the plumber lady??? ROFLMBO

Anyway, my cookies don't taste bad, just not as good as they normally do. And I made 6 dozen of them. No WAY I'm going to throw them out! LOL I'll suffer thru and eat them. Hey! Anybody want some realy nice lemon cookies?? heh, heh

Have a wonderful day, all.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:04 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
My plans include drinking plenty of coffee to keep me awake! Going through one of my insomniac phases.

Not to worry though. Going to head out the door for a nice long walk and then I think a trip to Sam's Club is on the agenda. Stocking up for Christmas Eve since we're having family over. Never done a ham before, so it should be interesting!

I'll pass on the cookies NMS ...

Have a wonderful day everyone and stay in trouble

Old 12-19-2007, 06:12 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,897 times
Good Morning!
Wednesday is "late start" day for schools here, so I got to sleep until 7 as well!
UPS tried to deliver a package yesterday while I was at the gym, so I will be playing hooky today waiting for them. I do need to get out and try to break up some of the ice and snow on the driveway(always a good workout), hopefully without breaking my back in the process. Our front steps have an inch thick sheet of ice across them and more snow is expected today and tomorrow, so I better get busy! I also have to get the house cleaned up, so will burn some calories lugging the vacuum up and down the stairs and scrubbing the bathrooms. FUUUNNN STUFF!
I finally got my cards in the mail yesterday and just have to wrap my son's gifts and finish shopping for my DH, but will wait to do that until Saturday.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 12-19-2007, 06:34 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
tet get the spiral cut one form Sams club they are soooo easy
I have a feeling thats what we are going to have.

tlb71 thanks for the reminder I have to vacuum today too.
be careful with that ice

Old 12-19-2007, 07:25 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,016 times
Good morning! Well, last minute Louise here is almost done with the shopping. Mostly on-line and just a few more items to get. I'm running my daughter's holiday party at school so I need to go out today and find a craft and goodie bags, along with umteen other things to do, like all of us I'm sure. Kathy Smith step workout this morning and I'm off and running.....have a great day!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:46 AM

I ran a holiday craft years ago when my son was in kindergarten. I found the idea on the M&M sight. You take a large sugar cookie and put a sugar cone upside down on top and let the kids use white frosting for the 'ground', green icing for the 'tree' and stick M&M's for ornaments. It was messy, but the kids LOVED it. We also used those Dove chocolates that are wrapped like presents for under the 'trees'.
Thanks Karla, I will!

Old 12-19-2007, 08:05 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Morning peeps!

I am feeling a little under the weather today, so I am going to skip getting dressed. I sent my husband out to walk the dog. He had to drag her out of the bed because I was not up & dressed. Poor dog, she really is a creature of habit.

Mostly I will sit here in my chair and drink tea.

Pattie, if you make snickerdoodles you can share those........

tet tea, I have not slept in 3 days. Maybe it is something with the lunar phase, although in my case I expect it has more to do with the cold weather & how many cups of tea I have had. For some reason I only do decaf for iced tea.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:37 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
tet get the spiral cut one form Sams club they are soooo easy
Does it take long to cook? I was just going to stick a couple of pineapple rings on the top and hope for the best. Sometimes it's hard being a vegetarian and cooking for them meat lovers. "God" only knows what my poor hubster has had to endure. I probably could've served him microwaved dog food and he would have said it tasted good!

Evey, I hope feel better soon. Stay warm, drink plenty of clear fluids and just veg all day with a good book!

Old 12-19-2007, 08:47 AM

Evey, hope you feel better soon! I think our dogs may have been separated at birth. I wear the same few pairs of pants for walking her, so every time I get dressed she sniffs them to see if they are "special" clothes. Everything is habit with her!
tet tea, I did the vegetarian thing for a few years...have a DH who was allergic to beans and a very picky son. It was like making 3 different dinners every night! Good luck with the ham, sounds yummy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals