Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 03:38 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

lol good morning everyone.
I got up at 4 am today because I wanted to have my diet pepsi.

I am having some minor surgery today and they said "nothing to eat or drink after midnight" because they are using that "twilight" thing which I found out is just heavy Valium with splash of "you won't remember anything" added.

Now mind you the procedure is not till 1 pm. 1pm !!.
So me being the totally logical person that you all know I am I proceed to ask
"ok so for example someone has a "procedure" scheduled for 7 am and you tell them "nothing after midnight" that 7 hours, so why if mine is not till 1 pm do I also have the midnight "cut off" ??? Good question right
Suffice to say "because" is not going to cut it lol nor answer the question.
I even asked our family Doctor and got the same "because".
Granted i love my C/F diet pepsi in the morning now it has become a principle thing. Give me a logical answer and I will stop asking

Well lol on Monday when the surgery center called to do the "pre-register" I asked again
I even said "I am not being difficult"(yeah maybe I was just a tad but I was also in full "box o gift" stress) but can you explain how a 1pm procedure has the same cut off as a 7am one.
Well ring the bells and raise the flag she said "we can make your cut off at 5 am in case you wake in the middle of the night and need a drink."
I told her I get up between 4 & 5 normally.
So i finally get the answer. She explained that most people do not get up so early resulting in the needed time span between last fluid and the procedure.

So to make a long story even longer I had hubby wake me at 4 so I could have some diet pepsi and a bottle of water.

But now I have been cut off

So no exercise for me today because I will be in a "Valium fog" lol

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 06:15 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,029 times
Good Morning!
I hope your procedure goes well and glad you got your answer finally... LOL! I can't stand not having a legitimate answer to things bugging me. I would die of thirst and starvation for sure if I had to wait that long!
Well, it is snowing again and a snow day for my son, so will probably have to skip the gym again today. I shall have plenty of snow to shovel later, so will be able to burn a few calories doing that.
Have a great day all!

Old 12-20-2007, 06:23 AM

thanks tlb
I am so wanting another glass of diet pepsi

lol

Old 12-20-2007, 06:43 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
Good luck with the minor procedure Karla.

How are you feeling today Evey? I bet Shadow is not amused!

I'm having a crazy lady day today! I've been procrastinating the last few weeks like it's going out of fashion and now it's come back to bite me. So I'm rolling up my sleeves and getting stuck in before Christmas arrives.

No walk today, just lots of manual labor due to my own stupidity!

Have a wonderful day everyone

Old 12-20-2007, 06:44 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Well, Karla, good luck to you. I'll be thinking about you today. Let us know how things go.

Hubby woke up with a sore throat and thought he was catching a cold, but I told him it was because he'd been snoring since 4 a.m. He thinks I'm right, because he's feeling better and doesn't have any congestion or anything. Men!

Well, headed out for a few trinkets to round out Santa's bag.

Have a great day.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:45 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,859 times
good luck Karla! That diet pepsi gave you some peace of mind, I'm sure. Kathy Smith step work-out this morning along with some upper body exercises with 5 and 8 lb weights. Jeannie

Old 12-20-2007, 06:56 AM

thanks guys
mental note to everyone lol try to get the first apt of the day not 1 pm

hmm i wonder do ice chips count next time I wont eat salty food the day before

Old 12-20-2007, 07:39 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Good luck Karla. Is someone going to be standing by with refreshments after you come out of the fog?

I actually got a little (and I mean little) bit of sleep last night. I am dragging, but I did get dressed today and walk my dog. She can tell I am not right and for once did not drag me all over the neighborhood.

We are helping out a friend with a Christmas gift. Her mom just had bariatric surgery. She has lost almost 100 pounds and is ready to get some exercise. She has been looking everywhere for an adult tricycle that is rated for the weight her mom is still carrying. Well, I managed to find one on freecycle.org
We picked it up and have been giving it a little TLC. New tires go on today and I will get to test ride around the neighborhood to make sure the brakes are adjusted, seat is level, and all of that other fun safety related stuff. I am sure you-know-who will want to come along.

That is about all of the plan I have for the day.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:59 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
Well, you should be in your surgery by know Karla - somewhere in la-la land. Hope to hear from you soon. I've always wondered the same thing: why the cutoff time is always at midnite!

Last weekend was fun. I'd never gotten a full-body massage before. Both my gf and I got Swedish massages. The lady was really strong, too, and she was like, "Goodness, you are REALLY knotty!" My girlfriend is really athletic so she was knottier than me. I was a little shy with the whole naked thing though. Yikes!

I everybody is doing well! Here's a little pick-me-up. A friend of ours "elfed" us so we elfed our friends and fam. It's pretty cute and it got me in the holiday mood (it's sunny, dry, snowless and not very cold and Phoenix so getting into the holiday spirit has been tough!). http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1510734302

Old 12-20-2007, 04:33 PM

hey all
I got a call at 9 am saying the Doctor was running early and could I be there at 10 . lol no problem
I was so bored I was ready to go out and mow the lawn
It was interesting I remember saying my nose itched and next thing you know I was waking up in the recovery room wondering when the cotton bush grew in my mouth.
lol the nurse brought me diet coke yay

I had a small cyst removed form the area between my eye and brow, she said it was under the muscle so thats why the twilight . so also removed a couple moles
so I don't know yet how many stitches I have.

I guess the stuff they gave me is wearing off because i am starting to feel the
"discomfort" kind of a slight throbbing. we will be trying one of the pain pills

thanks you all for thinking good thoughts for me .

your all the best (((hugs)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals