Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 06:02 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Wow lol I slept till 7:30 :eek

So how is everyone today

Hearing tet talking about sledding made me realize that adults need to let the "kid" in them out
So today is "act like a kid day" rofl I am going to let you all use your imagination

hey evey isn't there a playground where you walk shadow

I was invited to one of my students from last years butterfly class 9th birthday party today, It is at Dave & busters so I told hubby we were both going ooo I hope they have skee ball

I may try to get the lawn mowed before but lol now that I slept so late I am 2 1/2 hours off.

For all of you new folks that have just recently joined us, exercise is not required on the weekend. You can if you want, but you won't get "sent to your room" or the dreaded "whittish" if you don't

So "how much of a kid will you be today"

hmmm coloring sounds fun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 06:38 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,019 times
Hi Karla! No time for a work-out this morning. Kevin has two basketball games at 10:00, I'll take him to game A, and his father coaches game B, so he'll be there. Humm, act like a kid day? Okay, well my girlfriend's surprise 40th birthday party is tonight. I'll make sure to do something very immature there... Have a great day! Jeannie

Old 01-05-2008, 06:57 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Wow! 40! I remember those days quite fondly!

Act like a kid day. Can I just sit around the house, watch cartoons and pout if I don't get my way???

TOday, I'm going to eradicate all the dust bunnies that collected under the Christmas decorations that we put away yesterday. I re-arranged the living room/sitting room areas yesterday and the cats have decided that the sitting room is theirs when I actually put that nice, big, soft, comfy recliner in that room for mama to be able to relax and read in peace and quiet. Looks like I lose out. Oh, well, that's what happens when you live with 4 spoiled rotten but pretty kitties.

Happy Saturday all.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:01 AM

lol jeannie your going to a 40th b-day party and I am going to a 9th b-day party
hmmm it will be fun to compare notes.

lol nms our 3 dogs have taken over most of the furniture in our house, try moving a 70# greyhound when you want to sit somewhere lol I go the the treat jar and yell "treat" they all come running I quick give out treats then I run to grab a spot on the sofa

Old 01-05-2008, 07:43 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,424 times
Good Morning!

Act like a kid day sounds like a good excuse for a Wii marathon. My DH has his Naval Reserve duty this weekend, so he won't be home during the day to participate. I guess that means I get to come in 2nd, instead of 3rd!
Saturday evenings we usually go to extreme bowling, where they turn the lights low, use glowing balls, and play loud music. Fun for everyone, but fits the kid category nicely.

Karla, I love greyhounds and didn't know you have one. We have had a couple of friends over the years who have adopted and I used to "pet sit" for them on occasion. Very gentle and graceful creatures. We would like to adopt one, but Bella is an off leash romper and it is my understanding that most greyhounds have to be kept on leash or they will run away. Has this been your experience?

Old 01-05-2008, 07:45 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,224,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Act like a kid day. Can I just sit around the house, watch cartoons and pout if I don't get my way???
If you ask him, my husband will tell you that this is me......

Yes Karla, we do have a couple of playgrounds. Shadow loves to climb up the jungle gym (sorry, no pics of that yet) and has gone down the slide a few times. Too bad I didn't see this before we walked, but some of us have dogs that really don't let sitting at the computer happen before the walk.....

Cool, I don't have to do the laundry. I can go watch cartoons!

Old 01-05-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post

Karla, I love greyhounds and didn't know you have one. We have had a couple of friends over the years who have adopted and I used to "pet sit" for them on occasion. Very gentle and graceful creatures. We would like to adopt one, but Bella is an off leash romper and it is my understanding that most greyhounds have to be kept on leash or they will run away. Has this been your experience?
tlb we actually have 2 greys both retired racers. Yes they have to be kept on a leash if they are not in a fenced area,they are sitehounds so they get very curious if something catches their eye.
I always joke that they run 40 mph and even when I was 20 years younger I couldn't run that fast to try to catch one.
I was involved with our local adoption program for 14 years we had it in the adoption contract that they must be on a leash if not in a fence.

here is a picture of me & the kids that hubby took on my 50th b-day
they are great pets they are real couch potatos they sleep 14 to 16 hours a day.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:43 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,424 times
Karla, NO WAY you are 50! So nice to put a face to the name. Love your babies, they are so pretty and I bet the little one has learned how to keep from getting trampled. I used to work at a vet years ago that had two resident greys for blood donors, they were the sweetest, quietest dogs I have ever seen. I always felt bad for them sitting around in their cage day in and day out

Old 01-05-2008, 08:43 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,224,652 times
Is the grey one the dog that gets you up because of thunder?

Old 01-05-2008, 09:47 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post

lol nms our 3 dogs have taken over most of the furniture in our house, try moving a 70# greyhound when you want to sit somewhere lol I go the the treat jar and yell "treat" they all come running I quick give out treats then I run to grab a spot on the sofa
now thats funny! Karla, I love that picture! Those kids of yours will keep you young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals