Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:30 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
I found out yesterday that my gym has "donated" the building to the YMCA
I called to see how this would change things
I should of put on my "dancing shoes" because they did a nice "tap dance" around my questions.
What I was able to "drag out of them" is that the the sauna and hot tub in the locker room as well as Day spa are going away.
When I asked what was going in the locker room in their place I was told probably more lockers. Sigh the reason I chose this gym and pay more per month is they limit the number of members plus with the higher monthly fees it helps keep put the "lets see if I can put on tons of make-up and perfume and see if I can meet men" folks out. So you don't have to worry about having to wait in line or not being able to get in a class.

She also said (lol as most of you know I will dig till I get the info) that the monthly fees will be going down. Which will mean here come the crowds.
Sigh

She also said there would be someone on site to answer any more questions so I guess this means they will probably not replace the teacher that left for the monday spin class
That means Mondays will be body pump instead.
lol I will stay after class today to get the "scoop" (I am in a contract for the year and need to find out if I have options)

I will also be doing yard work today since I didn't yesterday I want to get everything bagged for yard waste pick up tomorrow.

so whats your schedule look like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 05:38 AM

hey missmousern

here is another for you to take to curling

January 7, 1932 1st game played at Orchard Lake Curling Club, Mich

Old 01-07-2008, 05:58 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Good morning, all!

Well, after a weekend of porking out, I did consider skipping the gym this morning, but I perservered and went. 35 min. of weights, so I did a good workout. Now, I need to get my aerobics part going.

Karla, I'm sorry about the gym. It stinks when you find a place you like and then they change it on you. I miss my gym buddies back north and the gym itself, but, hey, this one's free! LOL

I think I'll make a quick trip to Publix and maybe Wally world today (have to return a toilet seat - got the wrong size). I may ask our neighbor to come over to dinner tonight. Let's see - how's roast chicken, pasta salad (corkscrew pasta) and spaghetti squash sound?

Enjoy the day, all.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:01 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,711 times
well i dont know if i will be making it today. Had a Basketball tourney on Sat, played 5 games then a league game on Sunday. On Sat. I got elebowed in the throat right in the adams apple. Then Sunday rolled my ankle a little so i will probably be resting today i will get back at it tomorrow though.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:06 AM

Ouch! I feel your pain! Hope you feel better.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:12 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,511 times
Good Morning!
It's the usual 30 mins on the bike and some weight work for me today. I took the weekend off, so will do some upper and lower body today. Then it's off to the grocery store.

Karla, that's too bad about your gym. I wonder if you can get out of your contract since it obviously won't be the same gym you signed up for?

NMS, I miss Publix and wish they had them up here. I worked for them when I was in high school down in Orlando. Very nice stores with great produce.

The Juicebox, 5 games, good for you, sounds exhausting! Hope the neck and ankle get better soon.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 01-07-2008, 06:37 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,711 times
thanks guys i tend to be a little to "over excited" when i play but things are getting better already thanks.

and Karla srya bout the gym also i go to the YMCA in my town and it is ok im small town so not all tha many people. they have just recently in the last 4 mths redone the weight room and cardio equip. they finally got into this centry.
Is there another gym close to you that you could try?

tlb yes very exhausting i was wipped out during the 5th game but we won the tourney so it was well worth it.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:13 AM

ok juicebox now the 100 freethrows and the other 50 things makes sense you play b-ball

rofl I have a brother in law that tends to get over excited while playing

I am going to go to the meeting to find out my options, as long as they keep up the high standards that the old gym did I won't have a problem.

tlb71 I didn;t think about that new "management" should voidthe old one

lol my next door neighbor who also belongs called and we "discussed it" for about 40 mins lol she has some friends that teach a couple classes there then my friend who teaches the spin class I take called so now I won't make my 9 :30 class.
I did find out that all of the less mills classes body pump, body step etc will be going away because they are licensed. they will have to be replaced with the instructors own versions the spin instructor said that most folks are only trained in those.

As I said I will give it a chance. Hopefully because I only work out during the day the changes will be minimal I can see the overcrowding happening nights and weekends.

lol nms the chicken sounds good to this "selective eater" I will have to pass on the pasta salad and veggie but then I have more room for desert :

Old 01-07-2008, 07:41 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
LOL Karla! You & I must be cut from the same cloth. Although I do put ketchup on things, it sounds like we skip the same stuff.

Shadow dragged me all the way around the park this morning. this place is huge, with baseball fields/soccer fields/tennis courts/swimming pool/etc. Usually we hang out in the park/dog park area. Not today! We did the complete tour, looking for bunnies, squirrels, ducks. I am exhausted!

Getting ready to go pick up MIL & go shopping. I am on a mission to find a chakra pendant. This should be entertaining.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:02 AM

I never made it to Publix, so the dinner tonight's out. Helped hubby with yardwork instead and am too pooped to make a big dinner. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals