Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,103,650 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone.

Sorry I didn't get back on the thread yesterday
lol when we got home from breakfast I decided to "catch up" on the DVR stuff so I watched both American Idols and the make me a supermodel I had recorded.

They we settled in to watch both games.

At 8:30 the power went out in the whole neighborhood
I found out one of the big dogs is afraid of the big flashlight so we just went to bed It came back on around 10:30

I had every intention of getting up at 4:30 so I could go to the gym at 6 but the other big dog had me up every hour till 3 when he finally settled down
I am going to call the vet because I have a feeling something is not right, he has been losing weight, and I think may be having kidney issues he is 12 which is old for a greyhound. So I am worried.

ok sorry if I sound whiny this morning but I am so tired.

I will take Lola for a walk in a bit when it gets light not sure how much will be "wogging"

So has it warmed up at all for our "tundra friends"?

I was watching the GB game and couldn't imagine sitting there in that cold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 05:59 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,358,991 times
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your old pal, Karla.

Well, today we're supposed to be above the minus digits with some more snow on the way. I'll be heading out for a walk but not with my dogs. It's still a little too rough on them.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:38 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,615,423 times
Hi Karla, I hope your little guy is okay. Well, hubby is thrilled that his Giants are in the superbowl..still don't know how they pulled it off. I have a major headache this morning, but if it approves, I will do my step work-out. Have a great day! Jeannie

Old 01-21-2008, 06:53 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,103,650 times
thanks guys I am just hoping it is nothing serious .
As my hubby reminds me I have to face the fact that he is 12 I have never made it to 12 with any of my other greyhounds. Our vet is a mobile vet she comes to the house which makes it easier because he does not like riding in the 4 runner.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:54 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,293 times
Good Morning!
Another chilly day here, 4 right now with a high of 21, but the sun is out.
Well after KFC, chips/dip, about 15 of those Nestle Toll House break and bake cookies, and all of my fingernails(both of my teams won!), I will definitely be heading to the gym today. The focus will be cardio to burn some of those calories.
I hope your pal is o.k. Karla and wish you luck at the vet.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:21 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,222,608 times
Karla, make sure they check his thyroid function while they are pulling blood. It is tough with a geriatric dog, but there are lots of things that will make a dog lose weight. Shadow & I will keep our fingers/toes crossed for you.

It is just hitting 50 here. The wind is still blowing. Shadow went a few houses up the street & headed back. Apparently we are going to wait for it to get a little warmer. Supposed to hit 70 here today.

I watched the game last night as well. I could not believe all of the fools out there on the field with bare arms!

Old 01-21-2008, 07:29 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,358,991 times
Did you see the three girls in yellow bikinis at the game? Completely mad! I bet it wasn't just their fingers that got frost bitten!

Old 01-21-2008, 07:32 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,222,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Did you see the three girls in yellow bikinis at the game? Completely mad! I bet it wasn't just their fingers that got frost bitten!
Yes, I saw those fools out there. If you are looking for attention that is one way to get it.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:29 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,525,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
I'll bet even Paris Hilton was thinking...'look at those idiots!'

Add my fingers and toes crossed for luck for your poor puppy-dog Karla.
Well, I finished my workout, but considering all the food I ate this weekend- oh the guilt! Sometimes I have no will power.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:46 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,331,691 times
It's cold and rainy here in Texas. Brrrrrr.
I went to do the water aerobics this morning. That's as far as I've gotten. I am getting ready to go drink some hot cocoa.

Karla, Isis my doggie and I are saying a prayer for your doggie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals