Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Sorry this is late but I wanted to feed and let Chaos out early.

Yay no more "presents" the pepto & rice worked

OK now remember you pomised not to laugh

as you know the Vet is coming today to check Clue out well in order to make sure he is the one that is having the issues with "drippling" I though it would be a good idea to have her check the other 2 so I need "samples"

So there I was out in w/c of 25 sneaking after the female greyhound with my disposable container to get a sample the second she squatted.
of course this should of been a simple thing however till you add in the "Lola factor"
All lola sees is a container so she thinks "oooo mom has treats in the bowl" so as I am sneaking lola is bound & determined to "help"

So I am out there telling one dog to stop and the other to hurry up and go

lol I now have to figure out a way to get Lolas sample she is not as high off the ground as the greyhounds

I figure one more day of "behaving" and I am going back to my workouts
I did run around the yard with chaos for about 20 mins lol does that count

What are your exercise plans for the day ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 06:05 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Running around with a dog ALWAYS counts as exercise!

I know you requested no laughing, but LOL! When I worked at the vet's office they used giant soup ladles to get urine samples. Much easier on a large dog.

It is in the mid 40's here and my dog is w-i-l-d this morning. I have yet another job interview this morning and of course she would not hurry. Nope. Had to read and answer p-mail at every opportunity. So I was out in the cold for just over an hour, alternately being dragged by a wild dog and trying to drag the dog away from a bush/mailbox/tree, etc.

I think I hear some laundry demanding attention from the other room, so I imagine that drudgery is in my immediate future.......

Old 01-25-2008, 06:46 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Sorry, Karla...I had to giggle once or twice.

Evey, best of luck on the interview.

My alter ego, Lazy Susan took over again today. I didn't sleep well last night, so dragging my butt out of bed was out of the question. Maybe I'll get LS out of my body later on and get out and walk or ride my bike or something. I hope so.

Happy Friday, everybody.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:04 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,066 times
Hey all! Missed me???
It seems 24 hours a day are not enough time to get everything done!!!

On Wednesday our wardrobe came and I don't mean the complete thing, no all the single parts. So we had about 5 hours to put it up with DS crawling all over the place and driving us nuts.
In the end the darn thing stood perfectly well and hubby wanted to add the doors.
The instructions had forgotten to tell us to do so before adding the shelves and drawers so we had to get everything out again!!!
Today is Friday and there still have to be some things done.

All the while my complete home looks as if an invasion went on. All the decoration stuff for Christmas, Eastern, etc is lying around in our bed room, guest room, hall. T
The clothes are still in their old homes but all the jackets are lying in our bathroom and all the paperboard and wrapping of the wardrobe is lying in the floor right when you enter the house. I HATE IT!!!

That's why no exercise at all over the last 3 days. Hopefully we can finish it today so I can put all things back to where they belong!

Hope you all have a great weeekend.

Karla, how is your sweetie doing?

Old 01-25-2008, 07:13 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
miguel's mom
Ahhh ok now I understand
when you said before you has spent $1500 us on a wardrobe I though you meant clothes but now I see you meant a wardrobe cabinet
OOo we need pictures i love furniture pics

evey why didn't I think of a ladle !!!
I was going to try to find a wire hanger and make a kinda holder for the container but couldn't find one

still waiting on lola to cooperate

lol nms I think we need to adopt "lazy susan" as our mascot
we can pass her around when we all need a day off

Old 01-25-2008, 09:37 AM

448 posts, read 1,049,886 times
I was thinking it was new clothes too. I was all jealous! I'm sure your new wardrobe is nice, but the clothes sounded more fun. And clothes don't make you take them apart once you get tehm half assembled....or do they?
I need a big old exercise kick in the butt. I have been lazy lately. Don't want to go to the gym. I better call my friend and make a date so I am accountable.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:00 AM

It seems I didn't found the right expression. Hmmm, need to practice my English more consequently.
That definitely means I need to talk to you more often and have to visit CD more frequently...

Will go to a Greek restaurant with hubby and the in-laws. They invited us so I will chose something extra expensive lol

Old 01-25-2008, 12:01 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Oooh Greek food rocks! Well, finished all that I am going to do for today. Guess we're in for some more snow, just heard/saw a salt truck roaring down the street! yikes, it was 30 years ago today that we had a major, major blizzard up here, and boy did um...most of us have a BLAST! But when they showed the footage from back then, those cars looked ANCIENT! That just cannot be!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:46 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,251,717 times
Hi Ladies - Just wanted to say TGIF!! I'm taking a break.

Greek cuisine is awesome. I have to agree!

The fear has been put into me regarding having kids. Now after reading these doggie posts, I don't want a pet either! heehee

Happy Friday!

Old 01-25-2008, 01:31 PM

The food was very yummie and even the in-laws behaved themselves.
I guess it takes a while, say some three to four weeks, before they get a new flip-out...

Now I'm really well-fed and lazy and will go to bed with my book.

Nite!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals