Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 04:46 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

wow was it really 1986 when this song came out !!!
I though it would be a good choice title for all of us walkers out there.
lol I can see it now
evey walking shadow doing the hand motions

I wonder how many strange looks I will get if I do it while shopping with my friend today
rofl bet she heads the other way

Today my gym officially becomes a "Y" so I am interested to see the new class schedule
Hopefully they will have some good 6:30 am classes

So how is everyone going to "Walk Like An Egyptian" today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 06:13 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times
Now I love that song...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/WalkLikeAnEgyptianSmiley.gif (broken link)...it will be in my head for the rest of the day. Good morning Karla. Although a bit sore from yesterdays weight exercises, going to do another step work-out this morning. Have a great day, oh and go Giants! (can't believe I'm saying that. )

Old 02-01-2008, 06:18 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,511 times
Good Morning!
I enjoyed my visit with Lazy Susan yesterday(too much) but it is time for her to move on, so am headed to the gym this morning. I will do 30 mins on the elliptical for some variety, then some weights and stretching. I am anticipating going way overboard in the junk food department this weekend while watching the game, so gotta burn some calories!

Well Karla I was going to "walk like an Egyptian" but now I can't get "YMCA" out of my head

Have a great day!

P.S. Go Pats!!(sorry Jeannie!)

Old 02-01-2008, 06:41 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
So, tlb, it's YOU who sent Lazy Susan back to me. I'm really ticked now. She wouldn't let me get out of bed in time to go to the gym this morning. Thanks a lot. JK

Anyway, still trying to fight this cold, which made me oversleep this morning, but that's ok, I needed the rest. I'm going to try to distract Sue long enough to get out and walk or ride a bike this morning. Wish me luck. Who wants her next???? PLEASE???

I would like to get out for a bit today. Maybe go to target, get a cappuccino (they have a Starbucks there) - fat free w/sugar free flavor of course - get hubby a Valentine's Day card and nephew a Valentines Day/B'day card. I made it to the hot tub for a bit yesterday. The moist heat made me feel good while I was in it, then I laid in the sun for a little bit, which also felt good.

Karla, I think we need to declare a food moratorium on Sunday so people can enjoy their Super Bowl snacks. Whadya think??

Have a great day, all.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:49 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Lazy Susan is at my house today. I didn't even get out of bed until 9. I will need a little more caffeine if I am going to Walk Like an Egyptian. Shadow has been out visiting the neighbors this morning, so while we were gone for a while we did not get much actual walking done. I am sure she will make up for it this afternoon......

Old 02-01-2008, 08:11 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,956,390 times
Default Happy Friday everyone - TGIF

It has been a really busy week - I haven't even had time to Wii

I do want to incorporate some walking into my schedule though. I'm thinking I could do the treadmill 2 or 3 times a week.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

Old 02-01-2008, 10:13 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,511 times
LOL! NMS, sorry I had to send her on her way, call it my revenge for all that sun and fun you guys get to enjoy down there. Besides, she made me skip the gym yesterday AND forced me to buy 2 more bags of those green M&M's along with all kinds of junk for Sunday(ssshh, don't tell Karla just in case she doesn't approve the weekend food free for all)

Have a wonderful wiikend!

Old 02-01-2008, 10:28 AM

woo hooo i am all about a weekend food free for all

but we also have to get clearance from Jeannie our food journal person

lol I don't think she will need much persuasion

Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Jeannie, how 'bout it??? PLEASE????

Old 02-01-2008, 10:55 AM

oh lol back form girls day
it was a very goofy morning I had to take benydrill last night because I broke out in hives get this we think I am sensitive to one of the meds we are giving clue the pharmacist said it could be what they use to make the drug the binder he called it because it is a different maker than the one the vet gave me

lol so 2 benydrills knocked me loopy and I guess I had residual effect

we stopped at brighton jewerly and I sorta ended up getting a necklace & bracelet

lol I am going to blame it on the benydrill :

Here is pictures lol I couldn't figure how to find them on the brighton site so had to do a google search
bracelet
Stony Point Fashion Park (http://www.shopstonypoint.com/gifts/item/109184.html - broken link)
necklace
The Mall at Short Hills (http://www.shopshorthills.com/gifts/item/108923.html - broken link)

Last edited by FLPL75; 02-01-2008 at 11:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals