U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:26 AM

17,835 posts, read 31,436,327 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

thank you to fuzzy for suggesting todays title

As you know it is "Super Tuesday" in what 20 states ?
and it is also "Fat Tuesday" the big blow out before Ash Wednesday In New Orleans. Though more and more I have seen "Mardi Gras" celebrations at quite a few of the bars all over the country

So yes it is yet another "celebration" exercise thread

lol ok now I have that song in my head

I have a follow up Dr apt at 8:30 then school at 9:15
today we are having the kids so a service project We are going to have them make Valentines and we are either going send to a Nursing home or Veterans Home.

I will do my walk when I get home from school .

Ok I found out that the first class starts at 6 am at the gym/Y

lol not sure if I can get out that early it would mean going back to getting up at 4:30am

Going to have to think about that

So how will you spend your "Super Fat Tuesday" ???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 05:29 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,929,595 times
I'm going to spend mine painting, shovelling and walking!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:14 AM

8,190 posts, read 29,796,637 times
Shadow & I toured the neighborhood this morning. I took the camera hoping to get a shot of one of the birds of prey that hang out. Man, I think that camera must weigh 20 pounds!

A friend told me about a new park (well, not new, just one I didn't know about) that Shadow & I will go check out this afternoon.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,112,778 times
I went and checked out today's question and saw that it's National Pancake Day, so we went to McD's and had breakfast! LOL

Not much going on today. I'm finally feeling human. Let's hope it sticks this time.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:57 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,715,716 times
Hello!
I went to the gym and did 30 on the elliptical. It is snowing here, so there will no doubt be some shoveling this afternoon.
UGH! Fat Tuesday, how I miss those days! We lived in New Orleans for 4 years and boy do I miss the good family time that is the REAL Mardi Gras celebration. It's all about staking out your spot on the parade route, stocking up on Popeyes chicken, king cake and red beans and rice. Tossing the football around in between and before parades and the kids running around having a great time.
Have a great day!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:36 AM

17,835 posts, read 31,436,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I went and checked out today's question and saw that it's National Pancake Day, so we went to McD's and had breakfast! LOL
lol hey it may start a trend
let's see what food day it is to plan our menu

back from school

The kids did a great job on the Valentines
we decided to send them to our local hospice

ok It is hot here I had to put the a/c on in the car and I see it going on in the house

ok off to pay some bills

Old 02-05-2008, 11:55 AM

7,360 posts, read 18,258,085 times
Hello everyone,
I went to water aerobics this morning. I haven't done anything exercise wise in about 3 days and then I went out of town yesterday so I missed out.
Felt good to get back in the water again.
We have open house on Saturday so I've been doing some extra cleaning and straightening and will be obsessing about that until the day of the open house. Ugh, I just want to sell our house and get to NM permanately. (Sorry, had to vent on the last part.)

Old 02-05-2008, 12:12 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,655,298 times
Pazcki-wow, when you see it spelled out like that, it doesn't look like something that would taste so GOOD! Thankfully, we didn't buy any, although I have a feeling the apple fritters we got have a comparable amount of calories. So, I did a big workout again today, too bad feeling guilty doesn't burn calories!
Had a layer of fog roll in yesterday around 5 p.m. and a nice round of thunderstorms starting around one a.m.-I even heard some rumblings about 5:30 when my husband and my kitty had their little morning ritual, ''come on dad-the food's in here-follow me...''' ''ok ok ok...' well anyway, have a Super Fat Tuesday!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:54 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,929,595 times
I can see the black top of my driveway all the way to the road!!! Even managed to get all the ice and slush shovelled out of the garage. I kept to my earlier post ... shovelling, painting and walking. Got to head on out the door again with the pooches so they can go make a deposit!

Have a wonderful evening folks.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:46 PM

4,271 posts, read 14,597,191 times
Hi Gang - doing well here. Went to work out at 7am today. I haven't woken up that early in a LONG time! Happy Fat & Super Tuesday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals