Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:28 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times

Advertisements

Glad to hear that Clue is not in extremis. Treasure every day that you have with them, their lives are so very short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 10:34 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Karla, that's really good news. I hope Clue will have some time longer around you and be fit and happy!

I see that all of you are well so far. I caught another cold. Since DS was born I have them on and off and it's just disgusting. One day I'm feeling really good and the next day it caught me again.
So since Tuesday I've been sneezing, my nose has been running and my throat is sore.

Moreover my muscles are screaming at every move.

I gave a TaeBo lesson on Wednesday evening. We had six teens who wanted to look what it's like to train with us so I made an extra hard class. All my other women didn't mind b/c they are really fit but the teens really had problems. After 10 minutes there were sweating and red as tomatoes.
Afterward I attended another 30 minutes workout. So I had 10 mins warm up, 30 mins TaeBo, 20 mins muscle exercises, cool down and stretching.

Too bad the body always knows when you've overdone it.

Did some grocery shopping and cleaning today and also had some exams preparations.

DS is already asleep so I will do some ironing and afterwards watch DVD with hubby on our sofa.

Have a good day!

Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Happy, happy b'day, tlb! And many more. Wish I didn't look a day over 37! LOL

Haven't walked yet. Right after I posted this morning, the EMT's came to take away a neighbor lady who lives by herself. Another neighbor lady and I followed the ambulance to the hospital. Laurie, the lady I went with, asked Chris if she wanted us to take her dogs to the kennel, so we called them and asked if they had room for her 2 furkids. They did, but we had to be there by 12, and this was about 10:45. Not knowing how the dogs were going to handle 2 people who weren't mom coming into their house and trying to take them away, we headed back. They were angels! I got 2 blankets from my house, put them down in the back of Laurie's car, and off we went. We got back a few minutes ago, long enough to grab some lunch, then we'll head back, let Chris know the dogs are safe so she won't have to worry about them, and then come back because Laurie has a 3:00 meeting. Whew! Am I excused???

Old 02-08-2008, 11:07 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Just got finished with my second walk. The bottom of my drive is leathal due to thaw one day and then freeze the next. My poor old girl slipped and went spread eagle this morning. I was in tears as she couldn't get up at first. Thankfully I was able to lift her and she seems ok now. I wish I could get the ice off but it's nigh impossible with the ups and downs in temps. Plus the county hasn't removed any of the snow build up which adds to the problem.

Sorry, enough of my going on ...

Happy Birthday tlb and Karla I'm so happy that Clue is doing ok.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
mns how lucky your neighbor is to have you

tet whew that is scary I am so glad she is ok
she might be a little sore I would call your vet and ask if you can give her a buffered aspirin
advil & tylonal are bad for dogs but my vet had me give lola a buffered aspirin after she was spade

Old 02-08-2008, 11:55 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Well, karla, it is good to know that Clue is doing ok, keeping that weight on is a biggie.
Happy Birthday, tlb, i'm having the big one this year-but I'm not saying which big one! After much dawdling, I went out and shoveled our driveway and sidewalk, plus my snowbird neighbor's 2 sidewalks yesterday. Wish I could recommend something to help you with the ice situation, tet, i'd call the county and tell them to come by and give you a scrape off. I know when we put calcium chloride down you could just hear the ice cracking. Anyway, I worked out today and gotta get busy-hubby is taking off early for a doctor's appt. should be rolling in any time now...but you never know! Happy Friday all!

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 02-08-2008 at 12:31 PM..

Old 02-08-2008, 12:17 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,187 times
Thanks to all for the wonderful B-day wishes!
Karla, I am so glad Clue isn't suffering.
NMS, hope your neighbor is o.k. and you are definitely excused!
Hope everyone has a great afternoon!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:07 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Hi everyone,
No major exercise for me today. Doing last minute things for the open house tomorrow. Gotta go sweep out the garage.
Karla, happy to hear you have more time with your dog. My brother's dog has had cancer for a little over a year and he's doing fine.
Happy Birthday, TLB. Hope you're having a great one.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:06 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Hi there, I'm going to hang out with you fit n fun folks. I want to get into shape, and I don't mean the shape of a circle! For the past two days hubby and I have been taking the dogs for a long walk. We want to make it a daily habit. Karla glad to see you didn't have to make a decision about Clue. I had to make that decision three days ago with Prudence. TLB hope you had a happy birthday!

Old 02-08-2008, 05:08 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
zonababe, I am so sorry about your loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals