U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:59 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,736,623 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
ok so it has been about 6 weeks since we borrowed tets
"whittish" to get everyone motivated after the holidays

so I figured it was time to see how everyone is doing exercise wise

thats why I titled the thread
"the good, the bad & the it's a good thing you "love me"
so have you been
good
bad
or like in my case
I have been bad so it's a good thing you all "love me"

The best is since we are such a terrific family we can post how we really have been with out fear of "being sent to out rooms"

I know I have not exercised as much as I should call it winter dodrums or too much to do too little time
But I really need to get back on track.

lol maybe I do need to get sent to my room hopefully with a really good book and hubby on "dog duty" for a few hours

So how have you been doing?

p.s. also those of you in the housing market we need updates so we can recharge all the good wishes
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 05:56 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,219,775 times
Well, exercise wise? I'd have to say good. I did take a week off because I hurt my back but yesterday I had my first work-out and feel good. Whats ugly is my diet. Too much stress eating lately, no excuse, gotta get back on track. Oh, and the 5 letter word? Well, we relisted on friday and today is our 3rd showing. Jeannie

Old 02-10-2008, 06:22 AM

12,168 posts, read 16,797,662 times
I'm being consistent with my daily walk. Hubby and doggies didn't join me yesterday as he was finishing some computer work. I don't like taking the dogs by myself, as strays sometimes roam the neighborhood. I don't want to only walk one dog as it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the pack.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I'm being consistent with my daily walk. Hubby and doggies didn't join me yesterday as he was finishing some computer work. I don't like taking the dogs by myself, as strays sometimes roam the neighborhood. I don't want to only walk one dog as it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the pack.
zonababe, how many puppies do you have?

Old 02-10-2008, 07:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,318,628 times
Karla, you should have called it what it is - ugly. And it is. Lazy Susan has been here WAY too much since the holidays. And I'm talking T'giving, not Christmas. But I have gotten back into the gym, altho not so much with cardio type stuff. And, until this past week, the sugar in my diet hasn't really decreased as much as I'd like it to. I'm getting there - slowly but surely (quit calling me Shirley).

I think Susan will be here most of today, tho. We went to a show here in the community called The Rat Pack Too. OMG, was it good. We were up way past our bedtime, but the show was marvelous. Lots of singing - mostly 50's thru the 70's, and a few more contemporary songs, too. One of the two men sang mostly Frank Sinatra (and, man, did he sound like him!), the other sang a lot of different stuff and did some impressions of different people like Louis Armstrong, Frankie Valley - I can't name them all. And they had a young lady who just did a miriad (or is it myriad?) of different things. What a voice she had! She was "Frank's" daughter. Lots of funny comments - no real standup comedy, just remarks back and forth. We didn't find out till the end that "Frank" was singing with bronchitis! Boy, if he sounds that good with bronchitis, I'd love to hear him when he's healthy! Anyway, we did enjoy it and, being a BYOB function, I had one or two more than I should have, so I'm a bit tired today. Maybe I'll have to go to the pool for therapeutic reasons!

Have a great Sunday, all.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:17 AM

8,189 posts, read 30,067,645 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow does not let me get away with skipping very much! And now that it has cooled off we have actually been getting a little bit more exercise with a bike ride most days in addition to our 2 squirrel patrols each day.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,736,623 times
ok who wants to go hang out at NMS's house

you have the "bestest" times

ok lol you know the turkey breast you made is too dry when the dogs won't eat any

lol I am now simmering it in broth to try to break it up a bit
this is what I use to mix with rice (also cooked in broth) to encourage clue to eat more.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:47 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,736,315 times
Hello!
Even though I drag myself to the gym pretty regularly, my workouts aren't what they used to be and I eat way too much sugar. I am hoping to get back on track this week and am taking the day off today for a fresh start tomorrow.
As far as our house goes, we just reduced the price by $11k, have a new print ad and an open house scheduled for next weekend, so hopefully that will generate some more traffic.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
Hello!
Even though I drag myself to the gym pretty regularly, my workouts aren't what they used to be and I eat way too much sugar. I am hoping to get back on track this week and am taking the day off today for a fresh start tomorrow.
As far as our house goes, we just reduced the price by $11k, have a new print ad and an open house scheduled for next weekend, so hopefully that will generate some more traffic.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Good luck with that tlb! May I ask how long you were on the market before you decided to reduce? Preparing myself for my future.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:41 AM

8,189 posts, read 30,067,645 times
Whoo-hooo! I am loving my tax professional today!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals