Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 05:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

good morning everyone

It is "tater day" at school today in "butterfly class"

We will be putting up bins and planting "taters" in the Butterfly garden

Hence the need for the chicken wire
only while I was shopping for the CW I found a plastic version which I think is going to be much more "hand friendly" than the wire stuff, because every year I come home from "tater day" all scratched up.

The kids love this project because they get to use the "big hammer" to help pound the rebar stakes in the ground.
I finally(lol took 2 years) came up with a way to prevent the "They got to hit with the hammer more than I did"

Each child gets to use the hammer to hit the rebar as many times as they are years old.
7 = 7 hits.

When I get home from school miss Lola and I will be going for out walk .
So what are your plans for the day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 06:03 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
My workout ... cleaning the house! The dust bunnies are on the attack since they were left to multiply over the last few days.

Because it's going to be minus 20 something outside thanks to the windchill, my dogs and I will be taking a very quick walk to the corner and back. The good news it stopped snowing and the sun is trying to shine.

"Taters" as in spuds? Try netting over a frame if it's the critters you're trying to keep out. Don't forget about the slugs mind. Sink a cup into the ground and then fill it half way with beer! I suppose since there are kids involved you could go with alcohol free!

Old 02-19-2008, 06:26 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
Karla, then I might hit more often than 7 times lol
The butterfly class sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Tet, I had the problem with the dust bunnies myself so I made hubby vacuum them all away yesterday.

Today he even helped me by wiping the tile floors in kitchen and bathroom so I was left to iron two basket full of clothes.

Already took a short walk with DS and hubby this morning.
I guess it will be the only workout I get today b/c this evening I only need to sit in my classes and listen to old grampa teacher explaining all secrets about accounting and billing. Lots of fun, you can believe

Old 02-19-2008, 06:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
tet yup spuds

we use the chicken wire around the rebar to make a bin and grow them above ground
we use compost & pine straw.

the beer is a good idea for us teachers, especially after having 40+ kind running lo0se in the garden

lol I have lola bunnies instead of dust bunnies

MM was one of the few who admitted to ironing on yesterdays "? o' the day"
id the postage wouldn't be so high I would send you mine

don't forget to visit todays ?
I think you will all like the national day

Old 02-19-2008, 07:27 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning Peeps!

Shadow & I have done our tour of homes this morning.

The pine trees are pollinating and I am having so much trouble breathing. Not to mention all of the green dust all over everything. Yuck!

Old 02-19-2008, 07:53 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
Yup, Karla and more clothes to be ironed in sight.
Just took down some laundry from the dryer and put on the next. So maybe tomorrow or the day after another two baskets.

Good training while watching TV, you don't sit around so "useless"... lol

Old 02-19-2008, 09:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Not sure what's going on today. We just got back from BJ's. It's amazing how you go there with 2 or 3 things in mind and leave $100 poorer.

I do need to iron some of my sleeveless blouses. Maybe I'll get to that. And I want to keep on walking, so I'll try to get that done too.

It's a bit cooler here today. It's upper 60's right now, should hit mid 70's. DH likes it cooler. I prefer the 80's myself. Poor me, huh? ;-)

Have a great day, all.

PS - I'm Irish, so 'tater day is every day! LOL

Old 02-19-2008, 01:14 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
nms-I bet that Downy wrinkle release stuff would work great on a sleeveless blouse, I love that stuff! Anyway, spent half my morning getting outraged at our medical insurance website's convenient online capabilities-telling me I have my birthdate wrong-helloooo? etc. etc. had to stop. Worked out for a while til hubby called from the store getting a prescription for his elbow again-a medication with heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure (which he already has)& liver failure listed as possible side affects-for an ELBOW problem!?!? Right about now I feel like either screaming or crying for about a week. But, think I'll poke around on here for a while instead-it always cheers me up!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:49 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,347 times
Hello!
Went to the gym this morning and did some lower body exercises, some abs/pushups, then 45 on the bike. We have been eating so much garbage over the last few weeks, that I need to step it up a bit.
I went to Target hoping to find some new workout pants, as mine are getting worn out, but no luck. I'm planning to check TJMaxx tomorrow to see what they have. Other than that, not much going on here.
Hope everyone has a great evening!

Old 02-19-2008, 02:59 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Thanks for the tip, Fuzz. I've never tried that.

Rode my bike over to my friend's house and pumped my little legs off. Man, was I winded when I got back home. I'm determined to keep Lazy Susan out of my house! Gym time tomorrow.

Enjoy the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals