Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 10:42 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Going to head out with Lola in a bit
then going to meet a friend later to walk around our town center for even more exercise.

They say it is going to be almost 80 today time to break out the sandals !!!

So whats on your list for the day
Sandals, how I wish at least spring would come soon!!! When I put all my clothes into the new wardrobe cabinet I counted how many pants and skirts and shirts for spring/summer I have and I can't wait to wear them, let alone my most loved flip flops!!!

Did the town center thing this afternoon with DS and hubby. Basically I looked for a new stereo equipment for my classes. I would also need a head set microphone b/c our gym got new flooring and now the whole thing is echoing. Even when I'm talking as loud as possible I can't drown out the music and the women in the last row don't understand me. However it will be pretty costly so I have to talk to the club first.

So I did a lot of running around there and also bought something for DS and some new pants for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Well, Mr. Evey got the job. He is now a maintenance man at a beach resort.
Evey, congrats for your hubby! We have the same problem at the moment with hubby looking for a job but it is rather difficult this time of year to find something in the building branch.

But we will do fine and find something for him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnR View Post
Hi all! I have been lurking around for the last month or so and reading your daily exercise posts. Looks like a fun group! I really need to get off my lazy duff and do some exercising, maybe if I joined your group it would give me incentive to actually go for walks or some sort of motion! Still getting over my lingering cold/flu, so if I may join your group I will start on Monday. Hoping to get hubby to join in with me, we go in erratic spurts of walking, playing basketball and then doing nothing for weeks. LOL Thanks!
Hi JnR, good to see you here! Hope we will see you more often from now on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Headed to the pool.
The pool?? How great does that sound?!?! Wish I could go swimming more often...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 10:48 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
LOL Karla! This little princess won't even consider getting in the water until it hits 85. It will be many months before the water gets warm enough for me.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:20 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Great news Evey!

My walk this morning was WONDERFUL. The sun was shining and it really helped clean all the gunk from my sinuses My next walk is going to be even better! Hopefully the ice on the roads will melt some more. I think I've forgotten what grass looks like. Another month or so for us too before the landscape changes color.

Got the wall painted. I just need the hubster to help me attach the shelves. I am loving it so far. Once I get all the books and stuff on them I'll post a pic. Heading up to the bedroom next to paint a big test square. It's currently a "God" awful green at the moment ... achooo ... if you get my drift!

NMS, I'll glady head your way with my paintbrush and roller. Can we have vino with the warmth too?

Old 02-22-2008, 11:49 AM

Here is a link to the site for the place Mr. Evey is going to be working. Welcome to Silver Resorts :: Apartment-style and hotel accommodations across from beautiful white sand beaches (http://www.silverresorts.com/index.asp - broken link)

Old 02-22-2008, 12:30 PM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 850,656 times
Evey - Looks like a beautiful place he will be working at!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome... looking forward to being part of such a fun group!

It's raining here today, so no outside activities. Does doing housework count as exercise?? LOL

Lazy Susan has been at my house a lot these past few weeks, as well as her friend Sickly Suzie. Gotta chase both of them outta here!

Old 02-22-2008, 12:38 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Alrighty then, did a big old workout, then got some bad news. The Girl Scout cookies are in~and my dh ordered 12 BOXES. Think he's trying to earn a badge or something!?! But, it did snow again so I can go shovel-yipee! Have a great day everybody. Eighty degrees...I want me some of that! Welcome, JnR!

Old 02-22-2008, 12:41 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,511 times
Congrats to the hubby Evey! Looks like a beautiful place to work!
LOL! @ water temps in the 60's, I don't think they ever get up to that here. Even on the warmest day, I take a light sweater to the beach. Bella on the other hand, loves cold water! If she had her way she would be out there now standing on top of one of the massive chunks of ice floating around. Now the hose is another thing all together, she thinks that is some sort of torture regardless of the water temp.
Welcome JnR!

Old 02-22-2008, 12:41 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Evey, the resort looks great. How I wish we could take a vacation there.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnR View Post
Does doing housework count as exercise?? LOL
Housework ALWAYS counts!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:02 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
NMS, I'll glady head your way with my paintbrush and roller. Can we have vino with the warmth too?

Vino, margaritas, daiquiries, you name it, girl!

The pool was beautiful. I'm so glad I went. Gotta run and check out Mr. Evey's resort. Oo! It's beautiful! Maybe we could have a CD exercise group gathering there!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals