Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 05:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

I just have to say thank you for all of the support everyone has offered.
Yesterday was rough. But in a strange way having the vet come here to the house made it more peaceful, Clue did not like riding in the car and going to strange places and knowing I wasn't adding that stress to him when he was feeling weak already was a blessing.
The vet also made sure the other 2 dogs said goodbye, she said that will help them understand that he didn't just disappear from the house.

I am going to borrow "lazy susan" from everyone for a day or so just till I get things together and make sure the other 2 are settled.

Ok so let hear what your exercises are
heaven only know if getting the gold star has added extra "ummph" to tets
"whittish"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 05:17 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
I don't even know what to say Karla. I'm all choked up and teary eyed over here. I just hope you know how fond everyone here is of you. Going to do a step work-out this morning. Hopefully the new contract will be signed today or tomorrow and then my husband and I are going to tell our kids were leaving in 5 weeks. Hang in there my friend.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:18 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
I've always got extra ummph in my whtishh!

I'm so glad that Clue was able to rest in peace in his own home with his family around him. He was one lucky pooch to have such a good life. Keep your chin up and keep smiling Karla.

Well, it looked spring might have sprung yesterday, but alas, there will be no daffydills poking their bright little blooms through the ground anytime soon. Got more snow overnight! Oh well, just makes dogging the icy patches more fun on our walks today.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:30 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Sorry, Karla. It is sad to lose a family member like that and animals are family members. You have a good vet to be so understanding.

I am just puttering around the house today. It is supposted to get up to 62 today, but I am still freezing.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:33 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,187 times
Karla, I second what Jeannie and Tet said and maybe you should hang out with Lazy Susan's sister Relaxing Rita. Nothing lazy about taking days off after what you have been through.
I am headed to the gym this morning for cardio and the rest. We have another storm moving in this afternoon, so need to get to the grocery store too as the cupboards are bare.
Have a good day

Old 02-26-2008, 05:48 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
omg and you wonder why you guys are so terrific

rofl Lazy Susan's sister Relaxing Rita the diet pepsi went spewing when I read this one

thanks for a well needed chuckle

tee hee I wonder if she has any other relatives hiding out there to sneak up on us

Old 02-26-2008, 06:38 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times
I'm so sorry, Karla. what a wonderful vet you have. I'm sure it helped everyone (the other pups too!) to have the vet at the house.

Today will probably be a cycling day at the gym - maybe, yoga as well.

Take care all...

Old 02-26-2008, 07:12 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Karla Lazy Susan had more sibs! Shopping Shelly and Party Patty are the fun ones!

Old 02-26-2008, 07:19 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Karla, I'm glad you have such a nice vet. I know how much that can mean. It's always a torture for the poor cuties to travel and then be anxious what awaits them.
Clue was glad to be around you and your family and I hope he'll rest in peace.

I can send lazy Susan over. I don't have any space for her here at the moment. Took an early walk with DS this morning. He got up at 6 a.m. and it's hard to keep him busy this time of day. So we went to the bakery and fetched fresh buns and some pieces of cake. B/c the butcher doesn't open before 8 a.m. we took a round in this area where you can rent small gardens and then got back to the butcher. Meanwhile hubby set the table and prepared DS's breakfast and we had a nice breakfast together.

B/c getting up so early is pretty exhausting how does that come??? I took DS to bed again and had a nap with him at 9 a.m. (!!!) I always tell him it would be better for him to sleep in till 9 then he wouldn't be sleepy by 12. lol but I guess he knows that with the early bird and so

Hubby went to his parents and brought their dog so we got up from our nap at 9:30 and went for a longer walk. This time I was more jogging and racing to and fro with the dog.
The poor thing doesn't know what running and racing is. She's a cocker and my in-laws think she doesn't need much time outside. So she's also pretty thick, poor thing.
She had a great time running around and we could even let her loose from the leash in the woods. I guess she was very exhausted afterwards.

Also did some sports while DS watched. He found it very amusing and giggled the whole time while I was doing sit-ups.
Must be I look very funny doing my exercises.

Okay, off to classes in 30 minutes.

Have a great day all!
Take care
Diana

Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,958,333 times
Karla, I'm so sorry about Clue. I've recently been through this and know how hard that was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals