Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:59 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times

Advertisements

Karla, you do not want a camel! They hock big ol' nasty luugies. Blech!

Charley, you will need to check in with us frequently today so that we can make sure you are o.k.

For my friends in the snow belt- do you people not have snow blowers? Cause I gotta tell ya, my lazy a s s would not be shoveling all that heavy white stuff over and over and over and over.....

Shadow & I have done the neighborhood perimeter patrol this morning. I am a freecycler and I have some people coming by to pick a few things up this morning. Somehow Shadow always knows when I would like her to hurry and those are the times when she moves the slowest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 09:40 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Morning everyone.
Charley, happy to know you know your limits. Hope your feeling better now but check back in later and let us know.
Karla, a camel? How cute but they spit.
Jeannie, sorry to hear about the buyers. That happened to us back when we were supposed to close in October but they bailed out so we had to start completely over again.
Thanks to you all for the good vibes and keeping fingers crossed for us all getting these houses sold. Is there 3 of us trying to sell on here or more than that?
I did water aerobics this morning. My hamstrings and glutes are still sore from yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow in the aerobics class, we'll work something other than the legs.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:52 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Charley, you will need to check in with us frequently today so that we can make sure you are o.k.
It's been a pretty good day today. I'm catching up on lots of paperwork and getting ready to do some traveling next week. I'm really OK. I decided I'm going to wait one more day and I've postponed my walk until tomorrow.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:59 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Oh, Karla-you can RIDE a camel!!!
I see you have lost another pound, Charley-that is great! Just take it slow and easy, like the tortoise and the hare [well, sort of?]! Kind of breaking my tradition and posting before my workout, since I didn't really fall alseep until a certain person's alarm finally went off around FIVE.
Ok, now I'm done! The sun is shining, no snow in the forecast-things are lookin' up!

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 03-11-2008 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: worked out in time to fit it into this post.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:52 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
A camel!!!! Oh Lordy, I can just see what Lola would make of that especially if it tried to sleep in her bed!

Slow and steady, slow and steady now ... Charley

Well, I just put a huge dent in the cookie jar! I need the energy since I've just finished painting the bedroom and I'm now off to start on the bathroom. When the hubster gets home we'll be hanging the mirror (weighs a ton!) and the curtain rod. It'll be nice going to sleep in a bedroom that doesn't resemble the inside of a pea!

Did my morning and lunch walks with the pooches. It is absolutely gorgeous outside. Mid 30's, sun shining with a slight breeze ... even got my window wide open!

Along with the woooooooooooossshhhh of good lucks for our home sellers, here's a whhtishhh to stir up those buyers!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:22 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,200 times
Hello all!!

Charley, take it easy and hope you feel better.

Best of luck with the house, Jeannie, I'm sure all will work out.

Well, I was supposed to do a Back work out today but I got an interesting phone call at the office this morning. It was our local police department to let me know that our dogs (3 labs) were outside barking (it was about 7:30am when they called) - well, our dogs aren't supposed to be outside during the day!! The police were treating it as a potential breaking/entering. Turns out, my wife forgot to close our sliding glass door when she left this morning and the dogs were just having a grand old time chasing each other in and out of the house! Our neighbors saw them and thought they were spooked by something so they called the police. The police went into the house to make sure everything was OK and stayed outside until I got home!! So, since I work out at the gym in my office no weights today.

But, since it is 65 here in metro-Denver - c'mon Spring, you can do it - I'm taking the mutts, um lovely dogs, to the 160 acre dog park here on the outskirts of Denver!

Have a great afternoon/evening everyone!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:28 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Hello all!!

Charley, take it easy and hope you feel better.

Best of luck with the house, Jeannie, I'm sure all will work out.

Well, I was supposed to do a Back work out today but I got an interesting phone call at the office this morning. It was our local police department to let me know that our dogs (3 labs) were outside barking (it was about 7:30am when they called) - well, our dogs aren't supposed to be outside during the day!! The police were treating it as a potential breaking/entering. Turns out, my wife forgot to close our sliding glass door when she left this morning and the dogs were just having a grand old time chasing each other in and out of the house! Our neighbors saw them and thought they were spooked by something so they called the police. The police went into the house to make sure everything was OK and stayed outside until I got home!! So, since I work out at the gym in my office no weights today.

But, since it is 65 here in metro-Denver - c'mon Spring, you can do it - I'm taking the mutts, um lovely dogs, to the 160 acre dog park here on the outskirts of Denver!

Have a great afternoon/evening everyone!
RedSox that story made me laugh, I hope you don't mind. Well, we were just told our buyers are applying for an FHA loan. Anyone familiar with those? No work-out today. Lazy mode, or lazy mod, either one.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:31 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
FHA has a few criteria that the home has to meet, which I am sure that yours does. I remember them being nit picky about the number of smoke detectors, the window locks, and a few other things that I could have cared less about. They also have a smaller downpayment requirement.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:54 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Charley !!! you be careful don't make us come up there to make sure you are not over doing

In case you didn't notice we get pretty protective of our exercise buddies
Charley, Karla is absolutely right. You take it nice and slow and we might take your exercises in our plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
oh I forgot
the lady from the adoption place called me back last night to fill out the application.

OMG get this she has a Camel !!! a real live 1 yr old baby camel that she rescued from this guy
A camel, oh that would be so much fun. Too bad they also need a lot of care. But at least you live in the climate for such a great and beautiful animal, even though it might spit from time to time lol

Did only a short walk this morning with my mom and DS. Otherwise sitting around in classes a lot this evening so I'm really tiered now. My exams are creeping nearer and nearer, only three more times evening classes, then a whole week of preparations after Easter and then the two big days!
I still have lots of work infront of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals