Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 03:50 PM

5 posts, read 2,478 times

Advertisements

First of all, stop caring what other people might think of you, don`t worry about it, it is your life and everything is in your own hands! You might move somewhere else and will never see those people again

You have to eat right. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and two/three snacks per day. Drink at least 2 liters of water. For example, oatmeal, or omelet, or boiled eggs for breakfast, add some berries and vegetables, a couple of Finn crisps will be perfect start of the day, a piece of low-fat cheese, vegetable soup, green salad, grilled or boiled chicken breast for lunch, fish, broccoli and quinoa for dinner, apple, plain yogurt, a few nuts for snacks. And of course, track your serving size of what you eat. Buy beautiful dishes for yourself and start eating from it.
It`s not difficult to start to eat right!
Don`t drink sweet soda, don`t eat chips, sweets, fried food, don`t eat fast food, start cooking for yourself and you will know what you eat! It`s better to eat a boiled piece of meat than fat fried sausage with white bread.

I am also on my way to lose weight and I started to eat right, to cook for myself, do fitness, dance, walk with my dogs in forest and so on. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 04:00 PM

10 posts, read 6,511 times
Weight loss is so darn hard. I love the junk food. I have to work super hard not to eat it all the time. But I am about 40 pounds overweight although I have lost about 20. I hate it as well. But it still bothers me. I tend to go up and down. I have no real advice except to say it is such a hard thing to do. But you can do it if you really put your mind to it!

Old 12-21-2018, 04:21 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
It's all about your diet. Exercise has very little to do with it.
Oh, exercise could potentially have a lot to do with it. If OP didn't change anything at all except for adding copious amounts of daily exercise, I bet OP's weight would gradually fall. People who train hard and/or exercise diligently and somewhat strenuously on most days of the week can eat a lot more food than can sedentary people, all the while remaining lean or relatively lean. And adding in hardcore strength training only helps. I do realize, however, that OP may not be fit enough or healthy enough to exercise strenuously or diligently, but OP can gradually work up to that point, barring any type of disability or major health issues. Plus, even if OP remains heavy or "fat," it's better to be heavy or fat and active than it is to be heavy or fat and inactive. Physical activity can fix or mitigate a lot.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:27 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,510,717 times
[quote=Lill-Snoppen;53138127]I'm overweight. and I'm not just saying this because i want people to say that i'm not, because i actually am. My partner tries not to point it out and make it obvious but you can tell. My partners will always say "stop eating so much, you'll turn into an oompa-loompa" and i know it's just a joke but it hurts.

Either join or start a walking group of supportive people to help each other. You need some loving good people in your life. Drop that beau if he is not helping you feel better about yourself.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:59 AM

20,657 posts, read 4,428,521 times
More Water, Less Sugar, Less Processed Foods, More Exercise.

Instead of three meals a day, switch to 4-5 small healthy meals a day.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:32 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Anybody notice the OP posted 3 months ago and hasn't been back? What's up with people who do that?

Old 12-27-2018, 10:42 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Anybody notice the OP posted 3 months ago and hasn't been back? What's up with people who do that?
Perhaps he(or she) didn't have anything to add or say to the post.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:22 PM

3,693 posts, read 2,413,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
More Water, Less Sugar, Less Processed Foods, More Exercise.

Instead of three meals a day, switch to 4-5 small healthy meals a day.
IMO,

NO sugar, NO processed foods.

2 meals per day,

Intermittent Fasting 4-5 days per week (18:6) or 19:5 or 20:4.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:02 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
OP just posted to whine and feel sorry for herself.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:37 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
Perhaps he(or she) didn't have anything to add or say to the post.
She didn't even check the post, actually. Never logged back in. Hope she's ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals