Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:45 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,595,280 times

Advertisements

Karla, I am terrible with this. I will send you a pic of my "dead areas". Now, for the "stuff" that comes back every year, plants and flowers, should I cut the old stuff now? I don't want to damage the plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
hey all
I was over in OT posting the ? o the day

nms how sweet of course you did not step on my toes you silly !!!!

jeannie can you either post or dm me a picture of the front of your house ?
there are some things you can add now that will give you a burst of color

what is the "dead stuff" your talking about ? so we will know if it is "cut it back" or " pull it out"

I am sooo sore I think I may skip the wogging and have the yard work count as my exercise today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 09:15 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,169,716 times
Hey everyone!

We are having drama here this morning. My mother in law's cat is not well. She is a 16+ year old mean a s s kitty. I suspect liver failure. We are waiting for test results, but I think we all know that the end result is going to point us towards the ending of a journey. My mother in law is just like my husband, a quivering mass of marshmallow cream when it comes to being brave. So, I have been on the phone all morning calling pet crematoriums.

Shadow is sensing the atmosphere and did not want to go far from the house. She is sitting with her head on Grandma's lap.

Will keep you guys updated.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:56 AM

7,394 posts, read 19,291,837 times
Evey, I hope things go okay with the cat.
Drama for me too. They came up with this septic/bedroom issue on our house. I'm wondering if we'll ever get the place closed on. Not in a good mood right now.
I'm going to Curves this afternoon.
Hope everyone is having a good day.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:15 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,978,426 times
Good morning all!!

Charley gives great advice - we 'stole' our front yard landscaping design from various neighbors!! It could be worse Jeannie, you could have to clean up the 6 inches of snow like I did this morning!!

Leg work-out today and probaby 30 min on the bike.

have a great day and weekend!

Old 04-11-2008, 10:16 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,595,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Evey, I hope things go okay with the cat.
Drama for me too. They came up with this septic/bedroom issue on our house. I'm wondering if we'll ever get the place closed on. Not in a good mood right now.
I'm going to Curves this afternoon.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
song, I hope this is the last time I ever have to go through this drama also. I hope things iron out for you. I just realized that if we sold this week, we would be here until June. That thought alone made me call my realtor today to take another 10K off the price of the house which hopefully will get some more activity.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:03 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,344,432 times
Boy oh boy have we taken a beating by Mother Nature. Snow, rain, wind, thunder and lightning. It made for very little sleep since my poor Rusty didn't like the thunder. This morning we got blown all over the neighborhood on our walk. Thinking of heading out again in a few hours before the 4-6 inches they're talking about hit! Talk about crazy!

Oh Jeannie, I wish I lived around the corner from you. I'd gladly come on over and get started on the curb appeal. I love stuff like that. That is one reason why I am so frustrated with the weather. I deperately want to get digging in the front garden. I have so many ideas.

Charley take it easy today and do lots of stretching to help with the muscle soreness.

Keep your chin up song.

Sorry about the kitty Evey.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 PM

4,271 posts, read 15,223,804 times
Hi Everyone! Went to the gym today but it was an OK workout. Just "got through it" if you know what i mean.

I'm at the dealership right now getting an oil change. These days suck!!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
song, I hope this is the last time I ever have to go through this drama also. I hope things iron out for you. I just realized that if we sold this week, we would be here until June. That thought alone made me call my realtor today to take another 10K off the price of the house which hopefully will get some more activity.
I've ranted and I've posted in the RE forum about the problem but at this time, there is nothing I can do to control the situation but sit back and wait to see what can be done about this mess. I'm just hoping the buyer doesn't get sick of all the drama and back out. I'm trying to be calm but I feel like screaming at these people for bringing all this up now when they could have brought it up several months ago but that's not doing anybody any good so I'll stay calm (something I have a hard time with sometimes) and wait it out.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:16 PM

Any kitty updates? I'm hoping things will be okay.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:06 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,494,089 times
Happy Friday everyone! Just finished up a kind of shortened workout, looks like we might be in for some nasty weather here-naturally, it's nice and warm and sunny-can't be having that now, can we!
Foma-My son took his car in for an oil change and they told him his brake fluid failed the litmus test-say WHAT? And he needs a new fan belt-he's down in Texas, but thru the magic of text messaging, was able to tell his dad who said huh? I just did that before you left! Why are people like that? He's such a good smart kid, just gullible.
Well, time to get busy-I cranked up my stereo-talk about dating myself-and listening to music always makes things better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals