Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 05:23 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

ok I have 6 weeks before my nieces wedding and want to lose 7 pounds sounds easy doesn't it yeah right I guess I am going to have to cut out the beloved M&Ms and other tasty snacks and behave myself

My sister called me yesterday and said the dreaded words I have not been wanting to hear

"let's meet on Tuesday to shop for your dress for the wedding"

She might as well of said "lets go to the dentist for a root canal"
rofl I guess she is not going to risk my "fashion challengeness" hey I can't help it if she inherited all the shopping genes

I may have to "mess" with her and pull out some really outrageous dresses to try on
Is red a good "black tie wedding" choice or maybe fuchsia

Heading out for our walk in a bit it is nice and cool out there 56 so will do 2 miles with the dogs then maybe drop ralph off and take lola for 1 or 2 additional loops . He is too little to go 4 miles have to work him up to it,

So whats on your schedule for the day

p.s. walk just got put on hold , it seems the batteries must be low on a couple of our smoke detectors, because all of a sudden karla jr is freaking out because of the beeping, poor thing she is shaking and her teeth are chattering
I found 1 9 volt and dragged the 6' ladder in the house and fuzzy robe and all climbed up and changed one used the old battery in the other one and that seemed to stop the beeping for now . I am really hating our 10' ceilings today
so I have to run to the store and by the "big pack O' 9 volts"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 05:37 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times
Good morning Karla,

Once you get the smoke detector under control, I'm sure you'll be out there walking and listening to great music and getting yourself into great shape. Seven pounds in six weeks is very doable ... especially when you know that we are watching and rooting for you!

Charley

Old 04-14-2008, 06:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good morning, all.

Lazy SUsan tried to keep me in bed this morning, but I fooled her! Did some ab work, hopped on the bike and went to the gym where I did about 30 min. weight stuff, then back on the bike, but I even "took the long way home". Who did that song, by the way? It's been in my head all morning!

Bloodwork tomorrow. What with all the ice cream, beef and visits to Buddy Freddy's since we moved here, I'm a bit worried.

Karla, you can do the 7 lbs. Just stay away from those dark choc. M&M's!

Enjoy the day everybody.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:11 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Good morning, all.

Lazy SUsan tried to keep me in bed this morning, but I fooled her! Did some ab work, hopped on the bike and went to the gym where I did about 30 min. weight stuff, then back on the bike, but I even "took the long way home". Who did that song, by the way? It's been in my head all morning!

Bloodwork tomorrow. What with all the ice cream, beef and visits to Buddy Freddy's since we moved here, I'm a bit worried.

Karla, you can do the 7 lbs. Just stay away from those dark choc. M&M's!

Enjoy the day everybody.
I believe it was Supertramp NMS. Good morning everyone. This week is "get the house ready for Spring or else". Hows that grab ya? Not sure what yet but going to pop a cardio tape in this morning and move. Karla, I have faith in you, you can do this.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:25 AM

thanks, jeannie.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:38 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Karla you can do it girl! Oh, you have got to try some bad dresses! That is too funny!

Shadow & I tried to walk this morning, but someone up the street had a moving sale over the weekend & everything that did not sell went to the curb. This included a big pile of stuffed bears, one of Shadow's favorite food groups. I couldn't drag her away so I grabbed the box & brought the bears home. Shadow is now happily disemboweling a perfectly innocent chenille bear.

Doodly squat on the agenda for today.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Morning everyone.
You can do it Karla. Sorry but you may need to give up the m&m's temporarily. Just kidding. I need my m&m's and we shouldnt have to go without them.
Charley, you doing better today? Hope so.
Leaving Austin in a couple hours and will swing back to Fredericksburg to talk to the attourney on what needs to be done to get our house closed. The owner before us added on in the flood plain. (sp) (Creek behind us but never floods) but is still considered a flood plain. Apparently, you don't need a building permit to build out of the city but you do need a varieance and he didn't have either one. Now it's our problem along with getting the house designated as a 2 instead of a 3 br to clear the problem with the septic system. Since we're swinging by when we leave here, the attourney wants us to be in commissioners court with him. At least I've cooled my heels some since Friday and I can be nice. (I'm usually nice anyway but sometimes people want me to be nasty and I hate that)
Evey, your dog and mine need to have a playdate. She loves stuffed animals and shes such a 'mother' to her 'babies'
Her and one of the dogs of my brothers have bonded really well this past week and I'm not sure how she's going to handle it when we have to leave. My brothers other dog has bonded with the parrot. He hardly ever leaves the area where the parrots cage is.
I just thought of something. When any one of us is having a crappy day, we should watch our pets. They crack me up.
Geez, sometimes I think I talk to much or write too much.
You all have a good day.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:37 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 850,888 times
Good morning all! It's here... April 14th, the last day of work for me this tax season.... yeah!!!! We always close the office on the 15th and do something fun... this year it is renting a limousine and going wine tasting. Should be a blast. Just gotta make it through today, lots of panic phone calls, panic drop-offs, just panic in general from late filing tax people LOL

Have a great day everyone!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:50 AM

Enjoy that wine tasting, JnR. Can we come too???

Old 04-14-2008, 09:21 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Charley, you doing better today? Hope so.
Thanks Song. Yes, a little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals