Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:03 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
I guess Lazy Susan came to me after she left Pattie's house. It worked, I did not get out of bed until almost 9.
Good thing her NN didn't show up with "Lazy susan"

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
And Mr. Karlas surgery in the bone, that seems like it would be painful afterwards. If they're taking it out, are they going to replace it with something else or leave it be and it heals?
the rod is kinda like hollow tube so the DR said the marrow will quickly fill in the space left by the rod.
I was worried that if they took it out would his leg collapse
the bone was broken in 3 places but it was years ago so it is all healed

hmm why is it men "think" they are good patients yet us wifes know the real story

mine doesn't like to be asked "how are you feeling, is it any better or are you feeling better "
I mean come on how can you not ask the question !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 10:15 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
Charley, I wish you all the best for the surgery. Keep my fingers crossed!

Karla, also for Mr. Karla all my best wishes and cyber hugs that everything will be alright soon.

I had a bike tour to work this morning. The sun was shining, I had my iPod with me and the fast music made me drive my nearly 6 miles in 27 minutes. Afterwards I was beat! I was read like a tomatoe and sweating but I felt great.
As it rained in the afternoon my dad came with his truck/transporter (?) and picked me up.

No more workout today. Will share a pizza with my mom for dinner and afterwards it's tv evening.

Have a relaxing day all!
Diana

Old 05-15-2008, 10:47 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
Hi everyone.

Thanks for all the kind words of support. The surgery will be the 30th because I want it at a particular hospital where I know the quality is far better. (I was a hospital administrator before retiring ... and no, it's not my old hospital).

I'm really frustrated. I spend a lot of time on line with a variety of activities, including CD. I can stand for brief periods of time and type, but then I need to lie down for a while to rest. I really feel very unproductive and I hate that. I'm also very inactive and that is going to lead to weight gain - particularly annoying after I lost the first 17 or so pounds.

So May will be a long month, but I'm going to try to continue to be as upbeat as I can. Karla, keep asking the questions and giving us the truly vital information, such as today being National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! It's the interaction with my CD friends and whatever work I can do on my online flea market that will get me through this month.

I hope Mr. Karla's procedure is successful and as free of pain and discomfort as possible.

Charley

Old 05-15-2008, 11:51 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Charley, what is the recuperation time for this since you're getting a general? hopefully both 'our guys' can be up and at 'em in record time! Can you do a recliner if you're really reclined or is it too painful to get up? It's too bad you have to wait, but having the inside scoop is always worth it. [unless you get caught for insider trading!]
Did about all I'm going to do, exercise wise, about an hour, now I better get busy. Dh has a dentist appointment, so he'll be home early.
Have a good one, if you can!

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 05-15-2008 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: not always worth it!

Old 05-15-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Charley, what is the recuperation time for this since you're getting a general?
From what I understand, recuperation enough to go home is probably about three hours after the end of the procedure - and once I can prove that I can urinate.

It wil probably be four to six weeks before I can fully resume normal activities.

Charley

Old 05-15-2008, 02:25 PM

hey all
well todays exercise was my trip to Sams club
I got one of the flatbeds because I was buying dirt & pots and water omg lol trying to push that thing without taking out half the merchandise in the aisles was a challenge
so between that and the lifting and carrying
I am good to go

charley we wil keep you motivated
you know you can do arm exercises
you did see the chicken dance thing on the ? o' the day

ok does this make me an "evil wife" lol I asked the DRs nurse if she would have the ortho dr "write" him orders to walk at night once the incision heals to help the "strengthen" the area
I keep suggesting we walk at night and he says I am too tired
so this way the Dr is the one telling him

now I have to call and "yell" at the landscapers because the plant material they put in the boxes under our neighborhood name sign are planted to low

I mean wouldn't you think !!!!

Old 05-15-2008, 02:26 PM

have them turn on all of the faucets in the bathroom that will do the trick

Old 05-15-2008, 02:35 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
I am happy to report that I did not do a darned thing all day long other than hang out on CD, read, nap, and now I'm watching TV between CD visits. Isn't it great when you achieve your goal???

Old 05-15-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I am happy to report that I did not do a darned thing all day long other than hang out on CD, read, nap, and now I'm watching TV between CD visits. Isn't it great when you achieve your goal???
We've had similar days today.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:02 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Must be in the stars. We're making up for lost time on CD from yesterday. LOL
I hope you're relaxing as much as you can Charley.
That's amazing how Mr. Karlas leg is going to heal after the rods are taken out. Glad to hear that.
I got a really good haircut today and that made me happy. I finally found someone that knows how to cut hair and I'm moving. Ugh.
My exercise today was walking but I've been slacking off a lot since I've been in San Antonio.
Miguelsmom, I'm curious as to where you live. Your time is always so different when you post, like exercising at 3 in the morning for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals