Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 03:35 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Today is the end of year party for both of my classes at school so I ordered a cake decorated with a garden theme for each class and we will be handing out their certificates for completing the "butterfly" class

I ordered 1/2 sheet cake for each so there will be plenty to share with everyone here
I don't think they know we are coming so it will be a fun surprise

exercise wise not sure what if any I am going to do today did so much yardwork yesterday I think it carries over as credit for today

I am still sorting through the wedding pics to find one to share that wont scare you all off lol had some red eye issues in most

they are calling for more rain this afternoon looks like we might be back in the Florida summer pattern of rain around 3 pm in the afternoon we haven't seen it for a few years

So who wants cake !!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 03:42 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
Me!!! Me!!!

I already have this appetite.

Can't wait for lunchtime b/c I still have some ice cream in the freezer which will be my dessert.

I've been away from the exercise thread for a long time mostly b/c of the great weather. I've been out with the kid a lot, walking and playing in the garden, so no serious muscle workouts.

Today I (hopefully) start my step aerobics class again. Although it might be a tad too warm. If we don't do a step aerobic class, we'll go on a bike tour through the forest which is much better with this hot weather.

Karla, can't wait to see a picture.

Have a great day all!
Diana

Old 06-03-2008, 06:05 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Karla, I LOVE cake! Yestereday, I went to BJ's for kitty food and they were handing out samples of chocolate torte! It was SOOOOOO good. I thought about going back in disguise, but I don't know how that would have gone over.

Mmom, walking and playing outside counts as exercise...stop in anyway! we miss you when you don't.

I did my bike thing today - rode around the perimeters of our community and our "sister" community next door. Yep. Both of 'em. Took me a good 40 minutes, but it's worth it.

We had t'storms all around us from noon till 9 p.m. yesterday. I shut the 'puter down and never turned it back on because the thunder kept up all day, even tho we never got a direct hit. We did get some rain, tho. Like Karla said, it looks like our summer pattern of rain every afternoon is starting. Here, tho, it's been around suppertime, so that kind of puts the kabosh on grilling outside. Bummer. And I'm not going to tell DH that there's a 40% chance of a t'storm on Sunday afternoon, because that's when his flight is supposed to land! Keep your fingers crossed on that one, ok?

Gotta run. Need shower. Stink.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:56 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,621,282 times
Good morning! A beautiful sunny day in NJ! Going to do some kind of a work-out, maybe Kathy Smith's upper body, then try and enjoy some of this sunshine. This was posted by Charley in Community Chat and I wasn't sure if everyone got a chance to read it...

Originally Posted by CMTAD
Through the magic of a laptop, a vnc connection - whatever that is - and my son, my office computer now appears on this laptop so now I can lay in bed and watch the monitor. Typing is difficult but HELLLLOOOOOOO everybody.

The pain when lying down or standing up is manageable. The pain transferring from bed to a standing position or visa versa is unbearable. Tomorrow, my wife goes back to work and I am on my own. Good luck to me.

Thank you all for your support and your kind words. I appreciate everything very much. If someone would be so kind as to pass my message along to Karla's exercise thread and to the off-topic thread in Delaware, I'd appreciate that. This too so long to type that I don't really think I could do it again for a while. Thanks so much

Charley

Have a great day everyone!

Old 06-03-2008, 07:09 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Wish we would get some rain. We had a little bit a couple of weeks ago, then right back to crunchy grass. We have the summer temps, just not the rain.

Yesterday afternoon we went to one of the local animal shelters to walk their grounds. They have 40 acres that they allow the public to walk. Shadow was having a ball. There was a small wooded area so we could get out of the sun, and they have a HUGE enclosure full of geese (very scary).

This morning we took a quick walk around the neighborhood. Just too hot for Shadow and not enough shade.

When I suck down my one cup of caffeine I have a few errands, and some laundry that I have been ignoring.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:44 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
I just finished up my exercises for the day, and also have laundry piling up. OH well, at least it's summery stuff instead of a bunch of flannel shirts [dh] and sweats[yours truly]! Looks like we might be in for some storms later, so I better get busy-or not.
Think I am going to investigate ornamental grasses to put in my old bucket thing that I painted and turned into "art" Saw some in the Menard's sales circular, looks like it might be what i am looking for-although I know diddly about that sort of stuff, it looked cool. Better than a "Gazing Ball", which I will never understand...

Old 06-03-2008, 12:01 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
fuzzy red fountain grass is very cool if if is a sealed bucket that you can keep really wet you might even consider papyrus

I also have never understood the gazing ball thing however if you should ever see one that is "schoolbus yellow" this is a great way to attract lady bugs to your garden they will help keep the aphids at bay

evey arent you afraid that if you spend so much time at the animal shelter that you may come home with a friend for shadow

thanks for the update from charley jeannie

well the parties were fun the cake was really good

they even had pizza !!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:09 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Where's our cake????

Old 06-03-2008, 12:10 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
actually it's a metal bucket sort of shaped like maybe on old milk jug-I can't find any similar pictures online- I don't believe it-I just did a search to see what i could discover and I saw this: Old Milk Jug Big Metal Container Great Yard art! churn
May 24, 2008 ... I Have this old metal milk churn, It what the dairy use's to put the milk in. Great for flowers in the Garden. Call
[I deleted the rest.]
===================
but the page is expired and I couldn't see the picture...how funny is that?
it's about knee high with a spout/lip on the top.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:39 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
Just came back from my step aerobic lesson. After such a long time I'm really exhausted but it was great and really reviving!

Off to watch some TV now

Good night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals