Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

to drop my car off at 7:30 am this morning, when I was making the apt last week
But when the alarm start going off at 5:00 lol well lets just say the snooze button was well used
so now I have 1 hour to get my morning posting done and out of here

My friend next door called at 10pm last night and asked if I could come over and sit with the kids, she was having a really bad kidney stone attack and her husband was going to take her to the ER
He called at midnight and said they were admitting her so he didn't get back till 1 am
So thats why there was snooze button action this morning

Some good new the folks at the S/T disability called and said they approved Mr Karla to be out till the 16th
So I am hoping the 3 P/T apts this week will have him walking by then

Major rains expected today so after I drop the car then take him to P/T at 9
I think it will be inside clean the house time

How are all of our "family" doing that are up in those storms ?
I saw some really bad pictures on the news from WI with houses floating away from the rain

tet U OK ?

Is it me or has the weather the past couple weeks been really "wacky" hail in FL, major rains in the midwest, 100 degree temps in the north
what has ticked off mother nature ???

So whats your exercise plans for today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 04:55 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,520 times
Nice to hear you got some good news from the S/T Karla. Hopefully all the physical therapy will have your hubster on the move soon. I hope your poor neighbor feels better soon.

We're ok here. The worst of the weather is hitting the southern part of the state. My heart goes out to all those people who are being hit so hard. I know it seems trivial in view of what's happening, but my major complaint is that the weather is really messing up my gardening plans! Just when I think I'll be able to plant my lawn, bam, they forecast more severe thunderstorms. I don't need all my seed washing away I've given up on this week and am now hopefully looking at Monday (and hoping the hubster can get the day off!) to get it all done.

Heading out for a walk soon then I need to blitz the house. Have a great day everyone especially you jeannie ... any news?

Old 06-10-2008, 05:02 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,046,835 times
Glad to know that Mr. K has a little extended time to return to work .. and Tet, glad you are avoiding the severe weather. Our weather will break late this afternoon and we are already being warned about the severity. Our schools will be closing at noon today as most of them lack air conditioning.

Today will be just another day to relax for me. I'm probably back to about 70% of my normal self and doing OK. Having recalibrated my scale, I'm just under 270. See what happens when we don't exercise? So viewing the glass as half-full, only 80 pounds to go!

I hope everyone continues to stay cool and free of violent weather.

Charley

Old 06-10-2008, 05:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times
tet I have seen folks put down a light layer of straw on the seeds to keep them from blowing away the straw then breaks down into the soil

charley so happy to see that your felling better
now remember all scales are different heck even moving it around the floor gives you different readings

I use it as a gauge up or down also lol a 2# can of veggies is a good tool to help make sure it is reading right

Old 06-10-2008, 05:23 AM

238 posts, read 554,532 times
bad morning this morning. i worked till 1am this morning and couldn't sleep so i watched some tv to help me doze off; which it didn't. so it's now 2am and i can't sleep, and have college in 7 hours. then i got my sudoku book out and managed to do three of them before falling asleep with my pen on me, so now my bedding is full of black ink marks :s and to top it off my phone ran out of battery during the night so my alram didn't go off and i woke up 10 mins before i had to be in lesson. NOT a good day!!

But now im at college (half hour late) and going strong lol so gonna go for a walk with just the one dog today, Ryley, because Shadow was at the vets today having an autopsy because he has a huge lump on his back, near his tail. Fingers crossed its not cancer!!

Hope you days are all going well.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
charley so happy to see that your felling better now remember all scales are different heck even moving it around the floor gives you different readings.
True, which is why we have an exact spot for it.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:06 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
Glad to know that Mr. K has a little extended time to return to work .. and Tet, glad you are avoiding the severe weather. Our weather will break late this afternoon and we are already being warned about the severity. Our schools will be closing at noon today as most of them lack air conditioning.

Today will be just another day to relax for me. I'm probably back to about 70% of my normal self and doing OK. Having recalibrated my scale, I'm just under 270. See what happens when we don't exercise? So viewing the glass as half-full, only 80 pounds to go!

I hope everyone continues to stay cool and free of violent weather.

Charley
Charley, did your electric go out last night?

Old 06-10-2008, 06:49 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachx90 View Post
But now im at college (half hour late) and going strong lol so gonna go for a walk with just the one dog today, Ryley, because Shadow was at the vets today having an autopsy because he has a huge lump on his back, near his tail. Fingers crossed its not cancer!!

Hope you days are all going well.
Hope everything goes well with your pup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
tet I have seen folks put down a light layer of straw on the seeds to keep them from blowing away the straw then breaks down into the soil
I know that straw thing - we do it here with the strawberries so they don't get dirty when it rains... Very practical.

Today's step aerobic day but the gym will be too hot so we will probably make a bike tour. That's always fun with the ladies!

From tomorrow on the weather f/c look really bad. Rain, thunderstorms, grey, cool. I can live with the rain, the garden really needs it, and also some cooler days. I hope the thunderstorms won't hit us too hard.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:31 AM

Hi Jeannie,

No, we were OK. There were some parts of Rockland that lost power but we were OK. Tonight could be a different story. High winds and hail could accompany the storms.

How about you? Were you in the area in Jersey that lost power?

Old 06-10-2008, 08:12 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
Hi Jeannie,

No, we were OK. There were some parts of Rockland that lost power but we were OK. Tonight could be a different story. High winds and hail could accompany the storms.

How about you? Were you in the area in Jersey that lost power?
yes, from about 10ish for about 2 1/2 hours. Thankfully the kids were able to sleep, even with the heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals